Hardware 3DS hinge wobble POLL

Does your 3DS hinge have a slight wobble to it?

• Yes (describe below)

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No (describe below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Keva

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Received my 3DS back from repair and it seems to be fixed with a new machine
yaynds.gif

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plqfk9gr0fc[/youtube]

Rampart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keva said:
Received my 3DS back from repair and it seems to be fixed with a new machine
yaynds.gif

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plqfk9gr0fc[/youtube]
What do you mean? Was it repaired or was it replaced with a new one?

Edit: Never mind. The video didn't load for me until after I replied. Seems you got a refurbished unit.

Rampart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
Rampart said:
What do you mean? Was it repaired or was it replaced with a new one?
If it says it was repaired, it was repaired.

Or at least that's what Nintendo was supposed to do.

If you watch the video he states that instead of repairing it they sent him a refurbished unit.

Rampart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
I see, I look at both your videos I can see the detect from the protecting wobble.

This one isn't so loose, it came like it intended design.
Engrish ftw... sorry, I just had to. lol

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DiscostewSM said:
If I'm moving the 3DS like I'm strangling someone, then yes. But since that's not how I play portable games, it doesn't wobble for me under normal use.
^this. if i move it back and forth yes the screen wobbles a bit. yes if i push down on it it goes down. does it wobble when playing like a normal person, no not at all.

unseen4ce

Trophies
XP
Country
My hinge was perfect at first, is getting lose now. I hope it holds up in time to trade it on the XL, otherwise I'll get a new one under warranty.

georaldc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No wobble here
smile.gif
. Though I doubt it will stay this sturdy over time. Same was true with my ds lite here but now, the hinge feels loose and the top screen randomly likes to go funky with red colored lines everywhere

georaldc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, mine is starting to wobble as well lol. Must have been from the constant checking whether it does wobble or not. Man I hope this doesn't mean the start of bad things (I already some problems to deal with as of now like the top screen being scratched by bottom borders and wifi woes at home)

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Schnida said:
Does this count?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vFycRQ-jPA[/youtube]

mine is like this. i didn't care at first until i started to play more SSFIV. the screen either moves back when i perform a quick move or it closes on me!. it has gotten really annoying. i get it when i use rye and i have to do the orange fireball thingy. but yea...its pretty annoying. is this normal? i just emailed nintendo customer service if they repair this under warranty. if they say yes then i'm sending it in. the thing about the screen too is that if you move it up a bit (change its position somewhat), it doesn't stay there...it slowly moves and then clicks back into the lowest position by itself. this never happens to my dslite/dsi.

when playing ar fishing or something, the lid closes on me when i jerk too hard too. again, this didnt affect the dslite/dsi...but your limited on how much you can move with the 3ds.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mine doesn't wobble. when I open the 3DS all the way, the screen is parallel to the rest of the unit. not sure how else to word it but it is fine. my 3DS is great.

off topic, I just received a near mint condition preowned neogeo pocket color today and tried it out. sure the graphics are nowhere near as good as the 3DS but I really like the clickiness to its analog stick. it is a really neat light weight compact little unit. I just beat gals fighters on it using nakoruku.
smile.gif
now I think I might get some metal slug cart
tongue.gif
it is cool. gotta love those old SNK hit titles.

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I tried to use Nintendo's email support system, but they say that my system's serial number is not registered and I should call them. Anyone else getting this?

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Got mine today, the first thing i checked was to see if it wobbles, and yup, as much as the one in the example vid. Seeing has how everyone keeps saying it should be like that, i won't sen it back.. yet. It's abit annoying though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol