Hardware 3ds Help!

dazm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi there, could someone help me please, im getting the kids a new 3ds each for christmas, they both have r4 cards in their current dsi and ds consoles. I know 3ds is yet to be hacked but from what i gather they can still play all the old ds titles on the 3ds with a new flashcard.

Which card should i get and whats the best website to order from in the uk to make sure they are here in time for christmas.

Thanks very much :-)

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
A Supercard DSTwo or an Acekard 2i is probably the best choice. Shoptemp do comparison prices so you should look there maybe for the best deal. Try and order from a place in the UK such as http://www.cheapr4i.com/ to try and get them in time for Christmas.

pmk010

Trophies
XP
Country
I think get an Acecard 2i as it is best value for money and is great. I have an acekard 2i and DSTWO and I find that the DSTWO doesn't fit very well in the 3DS and sometimes can't be read.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want cheap and functional, Acekard is the way to go.

If you want one that's more expensive and functional (lolwut), DSTWO is the way to go.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DSTwo supports GBA games, though.

AKAIO runs a GBA and SNES emulator.
AKAIO doesn't have native support for gba emulation; instead, you need an expansion pack (which can only be used on a ds phat/lite) to emulate gba. SNES can be done with some homebrew emus, but not as good as the dstwo one, iirc. But emulation using a dstwo isn't that great anyways...

alexbulluk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
I like xpertron.co.uk

I've never had problems and brought either 3 or 4 carts from there.

They aren't mainland UK, but delivery is fast (usually 3 days), and for the next week they have a 20% off everything sale, so you can get some good deals.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.