Hacking 3DS Hacking Ideas: Post Your Ideas Here!

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that's right. To get custom code to run the signature check needs to get bypassed or disabled or somehow fooled.
But forget guessing or brute-forcing the key, that would take longer then we all will live.

Well, depends on the advancement in computational technology, but yeah, currently, that is true if we stagnated.

Why are do people not read the OP when they come here sometimes....... Glad all this none sense was thrown into this thread.

WaryLouka

Official Representative of the SuperCard Team
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is impossible, but for flashcarts to work, i guess they fake the cart itself. The system will think it's, for example, Mario Kart DS while in reality, when launched, it's the flashcart program.
Somehow could it be possible to do the same with 3DS carts? I dunno.

renes2

~New World~
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe i'm wrong but... if Flashcards like Gateway 3Ds can play 3ds games, is the 3ds key most likey in our ROMs...

so if we take a small one (with maaaany trash data) and decrypt/scan it, the key will be found... not yet...not next month...perhaps in a few years...but isnt it the easiest method?

Greetz

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Maybe i'm wrong but... if Flashcards like Gateway 3Ds can play 3ds games, is the 3ds key most likey in our ROMs...

so if we take a small one (with maaaany trash data) and decrypt/scan it, the key will be found... not yet...not next month...perhaps in a few years...but isnt it the easiest method?

Greetz
Nope. Read the first post.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
About MITM. Please take a look at this image. IF YOU CAN NOT SEE IT PROPERLY, USE NO DARK THEME.
New-MITM.png

We would one day have advanced access. But not these days.
All methods to further hacks would need hardware access, since all data has signature and that is making troubles. I thought Chip-Decapping would be a good theory to try first, however Jl12 is not available now. It is not anything that would need more skills such as FPGA, or ARM, or analog.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
About MITM. Please take a look at this image. IF YOU CAN NOT SEE IT PROPERLY, USE NO DARK THEME.
View attachment 3340
We would one day have advanced access. But not these days.
All methods to further hacks would need hardware access, since all data has signature and that is making troubles. I thought Chip-Decapping would be a good theory to try first, however Jl12 is not available now. It is not anything that would need more skills such as FPGA, or ARM, or analog.
I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you are talking about. And how any of this relates to the 3DS.
Certainly hacking SSL (why??) won't help with getting access to the 3DS.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you are talking about. And how any of this relates to the 3DS.
Certainly hacking SSL (why??) won't help with getting access to the 3DS.
Oh well that is the issue. The web connection relates to little of 3ds.
if you want to buy a second hand 3ds game, the seller may not be able to sell related DLCs he bought just 'cause that is (DiskLockContent=DLC). If you want to someday have a older version of firmware for homebrew (as notepad/comic-viewer/offline-cheater) while stopping the auto-downloading or even auto-updating from Ninty CDN but access the eshop, you would need to cheat the data sent. Such action would also helps those who want to set up a private eshop of their own.
It hacks the SSL and therefore we can modify the data sent to ninty, to pretend our firmware version, or even add FC via PC.. many things would be possible. Also when we finally build 3ds CFW, that would need it if we want to add CFW auto-updates lol.
We would someday need such actions to cheat the ninty CDN, but well, not just now.
That is not getting access to 3ds internals.. All ways from which we can get further hacks get waiting for sth as hardware access.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh well that is the issue. The web connection relates to little of 3ds.
if you want to buy a second hand 3ds game, the seller may not be able to sell related DLCs he bought just 'cause that is (DiskLockContent=DLC). If you want to someday have a older version of firmware for homebrew (as notepad/comic-viewer/offline-cheater) while stopping the auto-downloading or even auto-updating from Ninty CDN but access the eshop, you would need to cheat the data sent. Such action would also helps those who want to set up a private eshop of their own.
It hacks the SSL and therefore we can modify the data sent to ninty, to pretend our firmware version, or even add FC via PC.. many things would be possible. Also when we finally build 3ds CFW, that would need it if we want to add CFW auto-updates lol.
We would someday need such actions to cheat the ninty CDN, but well, not just now.
That is not getting access to 3ds internals.. All ways from which we can get further hacks get waiting for sth as hardware access.

Ah ok now I am beginning to understand how it all would relate to the 3DS. I still think there is nothing to gain from hacking the SSL, if the 3DS even uses SSL to communicate with Ninty servers. For fooling the servers in believing you have another firmware version and stopping updates etc it would be much more useful to do this in firmware modification like on the Wii. If we ever get this far.

Reactions: Syphurith

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I h4ck3d me 3Dee-S
The salt was easy!
Just follow the same steps to upgrade to iOS 7 on older Apple devices!

In all seriousness, why bother with a thread like this? "Ideas" haven't lead to anything with past Nintendo consoles/handhelds. Action solves! Not "ideas"

Reactions: RedCoreZero

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
In all seriousness, why bother with a thread like this? "Ideas" haven't lead to anything with past Nintendo consoles/handhelds. Action solves! Not "ideas"
Because people are going to post their shit anyways. This is actually a cleanup, the previous thread was like 75 pages. That's 75 pages of shit we don't want in the normal threads.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Inrembrandt

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well, if we look, somehow, make him believe our Nintendo 3DS, the ROM on the SD, are Demos?. That is, a few days ago, checking saw that these are stored in the folder called "title" and each games folder contains. "App". "Db" and "TMD". if you remove all your entire folder "content" and turn on the console, you see only the game shortcut, but does not work if you deleted your SD memory folder.

Now how I found this?, Then noticing the dates and times of the folders I download each demo, and thus, probe with everyone. I'm sure if we could read that file. "CMD", would know how to start the game or at least see what commands used, and replace DEMOS for an ROM, renamed. Sure, I said "sure" hypothetical. It's just my idea closer, given what we've seen to date, playing off and put the folders you tell them. :unsure:

It would be great to make a launcher based on the shortcut, which leave the demos to install on the Nintendo 3DS (and left in the machine, style Windows programs). Or some converter .3DS to. App or folder I described. Not impossible, I do not know if you remember the games converter from PSX to .EBOOT for PSP.

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it's possible to simply brute force the 128-bit encryption key the 3DS uses.

340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,456 possible values for a 128-bit key.

The 10 fastest supercomputers in the world combined is capable of approximately 107 * 10^15 floating point operations per second. If well optimized custom-coded OS is running with the sole purpose of cracking RSA keys, a single key guess and check can probably be done under 100 floating point operations. Therefore, it's probable to say that this computer will be able to guess 107 * 10^13 keys per second.

Now, there's 33,766,632,000,000,000,000,000 keys per year.

Therefore, it would only take an absolute maximum of 10 07747 43220 15250 years. With the average time required being approximately 5 quadrillion years.

See? It's doesn't tale long as the OP described and is perfectly reasonable. :yaynds:

You might even be able to cut the time down to 4 quadrillion years, if you also recruit the usage of the Storm botnet, which has the power of a top-of-the-line supercomputer all on it's own.

Now, someone go contact the world's governments and begin brute forcing the key.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh