Status
Not open for further replies.

P-CHYLD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they do decide to sell to a company, it should be DStwo. They seem to be the most consistent than all the (other one time around wonder) flashcart companies. Then we begin the patching game again. Don't update your firmware, until a new released, oh, the new nintendo update just blocks flashcards. That shit is so annoying. I think this is why sony products are pretty successful. Another thing is, once its on the market, someone will reverse engineer the card and create their own card so that means the original finder of the exploit won't see a dime from the new flashcarts that will be popping up. If I was you, create a custom firmware. Charge a decent price for it, setup a server to update 3ds with custom firmware. You'll see all the profit and it will be a big one.

phia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ha, you caught me! I don't own a 3DS, my bad. Apparently the 3D light will always be lit when the software being used supports 3D, but seeing as this is just a homebrew, whether it be a real 3DS hack or just a simple DS homebrew it doesn't support 3D. Still the fact that the led is not lit is not proof of anything, just as the picture is not proof of an actual 3DS hack.
i think it is a fake

beano311

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't update your firmware, until a new released, oh, the new nintendo update just blocks flashcards. That shit is so annoying. I think this is why sony products are pretty successful... If I was you, create a custom firmware. Charge a decent price for it, setup a server to update 3ds with custom firmware. You'll see all the profit and it will be a big one.
Yeah, because the second a custom firmware is released and someone's charging money for it, it won't be on every torrent site in seconds. I'd much rather have a flash cart personally. Also, what do you think happens with Sony consoles when a new game is released that doesn't work on one the version of firmware you're on? You have to wait for every game to be patched and uploaded which is way worse than waiting for an update for your flashcart that will let you play all the new games at once. If a new system update blocks flashcarts, don't update to it...

eyecat14

GBATemp's Lovely Jizzing Mordecai™
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

tudogg

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Any new news to this?"

[07:51:56] <@neimod> full control of the 3ds in kernel mode (arm9 & arm11) from an unmodified 3ds :]
[07:53:03] <EdTheNerd> HHNNNNGGGGG
[07:53:05] <@neimod> the sky is the limit!
[07:53:17] <EdTheNerd> Gib romz plox
[07:53:50] <@neimod> in theory it's possible
[07:53:52] <EdTheNerd> Now then, make it do somethig cool, while displaying GBA TEMP BLOWS somewhere on the screen
[07:54:04] <EdTheNerd> Then enjoy the show
[07:54:36] <EdTheNerd> "neimod: in theory it's possible"
[07:55:02] <EdTheNerd> T-10 seconds before gbatemp quotes that and pisses itself like an excited dog
[07:55:59] <jse> nice work neimod
[07:56:02] <jse> congrats
[07:57:34] <@neimod> unfortunately, we are elitist bastards who never share anything, so kiss that warez loader goodbye :)
[07:58:01] <EdTheNerd> So not to try to pry to much info here, but is this something you need a specific game/app for?
[07:58:31] <EdTheNerd> Should i by buying all of the eshop now?
[07:58:35] <@neimod> it's based on a specific card-based game
[07:58:39] <EdTheNerd> Nice
[07:58:58] <EdTheNerd> How patchable would you say this is?
[07:59:06] <@neimod> very easily
[07:59:12] <EdTheNerd> :(
[07:59:41] <EdTheNerd> Still, amazeing work as always
[07:59:46] <EdTheNerd> Congrats!
[08:00:10] <@yellows8> SD version can be used too but ofc one has to run code first for that.
[08:00:19] <EdTheNerd> Now take careof that pesky region lock! :D
[08:00:33] <EdTheNerd> Could such a thing be posible with this now?
[08:01:55] <@neimod> yes, with full kernel control anything is possible

Reactions: megazig

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he has obtained some kind of GPU control. and he wont release anything. Hey cmon!
[07:53:03] <@neimod> full control of the 3ds in kernel mode (arm9 & arm11)
[07:51:59] <@neimod> unfortunately, we are elitist bastards who never share anything,...

amazing! cmon I would love if this gets hacked today! I beg!

Reactions: Arnation

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
he has obtained some kind of GPU control. and he wont release anything. Hey cmon!
full control of the 3ds in kernel mode (arm9 & arm11)
If your mother served you a hamburger with raw meat, wouldn't you say, "Why didn't you cook it Mom? I can't eat it like this.". Hacks are the same way, they're unedible unless they're fully prepared.

And keep in mind meat is replaceable. There is no guarantee another 3ds hack can be found once its patched.

Reactions: chavosaur

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
[chatlog]

Heck I'm totally fine with the 3DS exploit not being a warez loader, I'm more interested in homebrew goodness for the time being.
Still in all likelyhood there's a good chance whatever they put out will get reverse-engineered.

What I would like to see if some legitimate backup manager though.
Simply that it extracts a ROM/save from a cartridge onto the exploited 3DS, that ROM is signed to the console's SD card so it will only run on that system.
Just, saves the convenience of cart-swapping and carrying around multiple gamecards really. Doesn't let you install downloaded roms, you need a gamecard. Don't let you share roms, it only works on your system.
That's what I'd like to see really.

What I'm curious about is if they can manage to obfuscate the homebrew launcher installation so that it has a unique MD5 hash and title per console installation, possibly generated using the system's MAC address and console specific key, or date/time.
Basically some way so that the installed homebrew launcher is unique each time it is installed thereby making it nearly impossible for Nintendo to remove it via blacklisted titles/headers. Ya know if no two launchers are the same.

Reactions: gamefan5

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If your mother served you a hamburger with raw meat, wouldn't you say, "Why didn't you cook it Mom? I can't eat it like this.". Hacks are the same way, they're unedible unless they're fully prepared.

And keep in mind meat is replaceable. There is no guarantee another 3ds hack can be found once its patched.
Definitely true, they are far from ready from being able to show anyone this hack.
Although personally I've ordered myself an R4i Save Dongle so I can be ready to get the exploitable gamecard loaded.
That and it'll also let me get my savegame off my retail Pokémon Black 2.

It's true that this exploit could apparently be easily fixed, but if they have full kernal access as they say, and also have more retail titles to examine, on top of hopefully getting good R&D from the chip decapping efforts, I am somewhat confident more exploits will be discovered along the line.
Possibly ones that do not require any additional hardware or software at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: