Hacking 3DS Hack: "We hacked it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
he has obtained some kind of GPU control. and he wont release anything. Hey cmon!
[07:53:03] <@neimod> full control of the 3ds in kernel mode (arm9 & arm11)
[07:51:59] <@neimod> unfortunately, we are elitist bastards who never share anything,...

amazing! cmon I would love if this gets hacked today! I beg!

Even if they did that, unless you already own the hacked game you wouldn't be able to use this hack today.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Even if they did that, unless you already own the hacked game you wouldn't be able to use this hack today.
I'm hoping that for many people's sakes they announce that they are going to reveal what the exploit is on a certain date, so people have a chance to grab it and not miss it.

You know once they have a way to exploit and get something meaningful installed. Once a few systems are exploited then arguably it may be possible to keep them permanently exploited, if they are clever about this.

narutopet112

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe next month (januari) Nintendo Will bring a update. And if the exploit isn't release by then wouldn't be wast? Just a possibilty.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe next month (januari) Nintendo Will bring a update. And if the exploit isn't release by then wouldn't be wast? Just a possibilty.
They can't update something they're not aware of, which is why any exploits are kept in secrecy. The chances that they'll patch a security hole they're unaware of are one in a million.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[07:51:56] <@neimod> full control of the 3ds in kernel mode (arm9 & arm11) from an unmodified 3ds :]
[07:53:03] <EdTheNerd> HHNNNNGGGGG
[07:53:05] <@neimod> the sky is the limit!
[07:53:17] <EdTheNerd> Gib romz plox
[07:53:50] <@neimod> in theory it's possible
[07:53:52] <EdTheNerd> Now then, make it do somethig cool, while displaying GBA TEMP BLOWS somewhere on the screen
[07:54:04] <EdTheNerd> Then enjoy the show
[07:54:36] <EdTheNerd> "neimod: in theory it's possible"
[07:55:02] <EdTheNerd> T-10 seconds before gbatemp quotes that and pisses itself like an excited dog
[07:55:59] <jse> nice work neimod
[07:56:02] <jse> congrats
[07:57:34] <@neimod> unfortunately, we are elitist bastards who never share anything, so kiss that warez loader goodbye :)
[07:58:01] <EdTheNerd> So not to try to pry to much info here, but is this something you need a specific game/app for?
[07:58:31] <EdTheNerd> Should i by buying all of the eshop now?
[07:58:35] <@neimod> it's based on a specific card-based game
[07:58:39] <EdTheNerd> Nice
[07:58:58] <EdTheNerd> How patchable would you say this is?
[07:59:06] <@neimod> very easily
[07:59:12] <EdTheNerd> :(
[07:59:41] <EdTheNerd> Still, amazeing work as always
[07:59:46] <EdTheNerd> Congrats!
[08:00:10] <@yellows8> SD version can be used too but ofc one has to run code first for that.
[08:00:19] <EdTheNerd> Now take careof that pesky region lock! :D
[08:00:33] <EdTheNerd> Could such a thing be posible with this now?
[08:01:55] <@neimod> yes, with full kernel control anything is possible

Well finally they did it. If it's that ez to patch, don't bother release the info though.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I'm hoping that for many people's sakes they announce that they are going to reveal what the exploit is on a certain date, so people have a chance to grab it and not miss it.

You know once they have a way to exploit and get something meaningful installed. Once a few systems are exploited then arguably it may be possible to keep them permanently exploited, if they are clever about this.
If they can write to the kernel, I can't imagine it will be difficult to patch the auto update feature of the 3ds. Th trick is for people to keep their systems completely offline until the perma hack is installed as Nintendo can lock out exploits in an emergency most likely. I know my backup systems will be staying offline with all wifi settings wiped until something is released. :)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They can't update something they're not aware of, which is why any exploits are kept in secrecy. The chances that they'll patch a security hole they're unaware of are one in a million.
Indeed, everything they've put onto 3dbrew.org is either documentation of how the 3DS works (for anyone seeking to develop unsigned code), or proof of being able to execute unsigned code (like the CustomNotification.jpg)
Still, I have no doubts that Nintendo keep their eyes on sites like these.

[chatlog]
Is there a source for this chatlog anyway?

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

If that happens, all we have to do is not update our console. Also, I am pretty sure yellows8 would warn us if that was the case.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If they can write to the kernel, I can't imagine it will be difficult to patch the auto update feature of the 3ds. Th trick is for people to keep their systems completely offline until the perma hack is installed as Nintendo can lock out exploits in an emergency most likely. I know my backup systems will be staying offline with all wifi settings wiped until something is released. :)
Even then, you gotta be careful about Nintendo Zone hotspots!
Your 3DS will automatically be internet enabled if you pass through one of these hotspots! I've had spotpass notifications just by walking through my local shopping centre before.
It may be best to disable the wireless switch altogether.

But indeed, what I am hoping is that they will be able to deal with those pesky auto-updates that sneak onto the system through spotpass. Isn't there a way to disable that without disabling wireless? You can say "Not now" but that message will keep bugging you, unless it's possible for the homebrew exploit to disable the service, and delete any stored updates waiting to be installed.

Reactions: Snailface

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But indeed, what I am hoping is that they will be able to deal with those pesky auto-updates that sneak onto the system through spotpass. Isn't there a way to disable that without disabling wireless? You can say "Not now" but that message will keep bugging you, unless it's possible for the homebrew exploit to disable the service, and delete any stored updates waiting to be installed.

You can disable SpotPass via the System's Settings

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can disable SpotPass via the System's Settings
Right, of cooooourse, how silly of me.
Time to disable spotpass software downloads and sending of system info on my spare 3DS.
On my main 3DS XL though, is disable spotpass software downloads going to stop me from getting other spotpass notifications in general? I don't want to lose that.

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Right, of cooooourse, how silly of me.
Time to disable spotpass software downloads and sending of system info on my spare 3DS.
On my main 3DS XL though, is disable spotpass software downloads going to stop me from getting other spotpass notifications in general? I don't want to lose that.

If I remember well, you need to disable spotpass for each individual title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here