Not open for further replies.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Then tell me a way you can.
Colors 3d, the led light is on for starters and the text is at the bottom not the top and the top screen is blank

I'm not sure it someone's already said this because I'm not going to search through 32 pages of inevitable flame wars, but it's still possible to create a hoax image just like the original picture using Colors 3D.

-Use Parental Controls to disable 3D, turning the light off.

-Importing a completely black image to appear on the top screen in Colors 3D.

-Expertly writing "WE HACKED IT!" on the bottom screen as to appear as if it's legit.

-????

-Profit.

Though I do believe in the possibility that this hack could be legit.

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure it someone's already said this because I'm not going to search through 32 pages of inevitable flame wars, but it's still possible to create a hoax image just like the original picture using Colors 3D.

-Expertly writing "WE HACKED IT!" on the bottom screen as to appear as if it's legit.

-????

-Profit.

the reason the 3d lantern is that they did not code in 3d
and if you look the black leds are off hints the refection

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka

-????

-Profit.

Hohohoho! Then why isn't we hacked it on the top screen too? :creep:

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Because you can set Colors! 3D to have the imported image (in this case, a plain black one) on the top while all the edited stuff is on the bottom.

I use this all the time to show a picture I did of a friend on the bottom screen while the source image is on the top.

Purely for comparison's sake.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What I gather from this is somewhat depressing: If an exploit is executed, what would you be able to run other than code embedded in the savegame file? It wouldn't be a large enough file size for anything interesting unless I'm missing something.
You wouldn't be able to run code embedded in the save file. In a typical save game exploit (all the Wii ones, the PSP ones etc.), that is exactly what happens. They will generally speaking have a small portion of code embedded in the save file, which will then load further code from the available storage device (SD card, Memory Stick etc.) into memory and jump to it. For example, on PSP the code embedded in the save file is usually something like this:

Code:
/* by Wololo (adapted from Gripshift loader by Matiaz) */

.set noat
.set noreorder

nop

addiu $a0, $ra, 0x60    /* filename. If you change this value, move it in the savegame */
nop
li $a1, 1
li $a2, 31
jal 0x08A885C8        /* sceIoOpen */
nop

move $a0, $v0        /* set the return value of the function for arg0 of the next function */

lui $a1, 0x08D2     /* arg1 is 0x08D20000, load address of the binary file */
lui $a2, 1        /* arg2, read 0x10000 bytes from the file */
jal 0x08A88578      /* sceIoRead */
move $s0, $a0        /* backup $a0 value */

jal 0x08A88590      /* sceIoClose */
move $a0, $s0        /* restore $a0 value */

lui $a0, 0x08D2
lui $a1, 0x1
jal 0x08A887C0        /* sceKernelDcacheWritebackInvalidateAll */
nop

nop
nop
li $a0, 0x08D20000
jr $a0
nop
23 instructions. Should compile to ~12 bytes.

However, on the 3DS, you can't do this. Because of the NX stuff, any code embedded within the save game could not be executed. The only code you can execute is code already loaded by the game itself or else the system (you can only access whatever the game exploited could access, of course). You must use a technique called "ROP" which means you smash the stack and modify the return address ($ra), making it point to another piece of legitimate code, already loaded in memory (in a more typical exploit, you may just point it to your own code loaded when the savegame was, but that won't work here). In this way you can use various pieces of code already loaded into memory. It's quite limited.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i reccomend a lock of the post untill further informations are provided or untill then we will have the noob wars here :)
Funny thing is that more information is coming out pretty much all the time.

Also if this topic was to be locked, we'd see a whole bunch of new topics related to the hack and its possibilities. It'd be a lose-lose situation IMO, just like the case with Crown3DS. Apparently it just wasn't feasible to lock the original or else all hell would break loose. :3

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Because you can set Colors! 3D to have the imported image (in this case, a plain black one) on the top while all the edited stuff is on the bottom.

I use this all the time to show a picture I did of a friend on the bottom screen while the source image is on the top.

Purely for comparison's sake.

Then if it is a black background, it won't be bright as this one. It would be more darker.

Seratonin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes since it coming from yellows8 and soo much has been change on 3dbrew about saves/exploits
I personally think this is hands down legit. The only catch to all of this is what would happen after the next firmware update?

Do you think this will help us with the future updates?

Here is a quote by tysonrss "All in all, we would need a game with the exploit for any soft mod in the first place, or even better. A flashcart that utilizes the exploit itself and can bypass the Nintendo protection."

EDIT - I think I know which game it is but I don't want to say anything because Nintendo may be watching.

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally think this is hands down legit. The only catch to all of this is what would happen after the next firmware update?

Do you think this will help us with the future updates?

Here is a quote by tysonrss "All in all, we would need a game with the exploit for any soft mod in the first place, or even better. A flashcart that utilizes the exploit itself and can bypass the Nintendo protection."
they said it easily patch-able but it a step in the door

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All those trying to doubt this, well... If you use your brain to see what this image below (from neimod's flickr) actually means you'd realize oh damn this isn't fake

8078325837_75331785db_z.jpg

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
All those trying to doubt this, well... If you use your brain to see what this image below (from neimod's flickr) actually means you'd realize oh damn this isn't fake
I keep seeing this image as "proof", but it's related to an entirely different method of save editing - it's not the exploit we're talking about at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: