Hacking 3DS Hack: "We hacked it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I keep seeing this image as "proof", but it's related to an entirely different method of save editing - it's not the exploit we're talking about at all.

No but if you understand what it means, then you'd know it's proof enough. It's not simple either way, and it's on a completely unmodified 3ds.

Lets just paste this too...

"Neimod -- Thesspa: Unfortunately, you forget that you also need to update the embedded signature inside the 'hex edited' savegame to match the changes you made. Otherwise the 3ds will not accept the modified savegame.
The method to calculate the signature is based on AES, which you will find close to impossible to break without the right key. Nobody outside of Nintendo's engineering circle managed to recalculate the signature. Until now..."

and here's the link http://www.flickr.com/photos/neimod/8078325837/in/photostream/

if you don't trust neimod and the rest of the important fellas at the 3DS scene you really need to take a hard look at yourself.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
if you don't trust neimod and the rest of the important fellas at the 3DS scene you really need to take a hard look at yourself.
I trust them, I was just pointing out that Neimod did not present an exploit of any kind and the picture posted was unrelated in any way. ;)

ClickCLK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
No but if you understand what it means, then you'd know it's proof enough. It's not simple either way, and it's on a completely unmodified 3ds.

Completely unmodified, eh? If you quoted neimod's flickr then you sought this pic for sure
6487810819_898d344368_b.jpg

COMPLETELY unmodified! As I see this was done on this monstrosity, saved to a game cartridge and then loaded on another 3DS. But i can be wrong though...

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Completely unmodified, eh? If you quoted neimod's flickr then you sought this pic for sure
6487810819_898d344368_b.jpg

COMPLETELY unmodified! As I see this was done on this monstrosity, saved to a game cartridge and then loaded on another 3DS. But i can be wrong though...
Maybe I'm wrong, but this picture is from neimod trying to read some kind of data. It has nothing to do with the exploit they have found. Maybe they use this to look inside of something, but you dont need to do this to repeat the exploit.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe I'm wrong, but this picture is from neimod trying to read some kind of data. It has nothing to do with the exploit they have found. Maybe they use this to look inside of something, but you dont need to do this to repeat the exploit.
The picture was shows neimod's method of tracking the data between different parts of the screen. The fact that it works is just the proof that it is capable of getting the data sent between the unit, screens and whatever is in between. The hack seems to run on a non-modified 3DS, but so far there hasn't been talk about the method of transferring the modified and then signed (?) saves back to the cart (whatever it looks like).

ClickCLK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I never sayed that this pic was related to yellows8 exploit. And yes, I know that one doesn't need this RAM setup to reproduce this new exploit. I just wanted to reply to lokomelo that this was achieved not on unmodified 3DS, but in fact VERY HEAVY modified 3DS and that neimod's picture is whole another opera...

tysonrss

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninty will never stop using ARM. Neither will Apple or Samsung or Sony or several others. Not until there's better.
Oh...I thought there was something better lol its just seem like that the DS and 3DS use the similar hardware and its aggravating.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm for the unlocking of region lock because I want to play Dragon Ball Heroes when its released.
I don't see what's wrong with ARM CPUs, they generate less heat and are cheaper to produce, plus it makes porting emulators a lot easier. I use to have a 3DS, but I had buyer's remorse (limited selection of launch titles I wanted didn't help) and traded it in for a PS3.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh...I thought there was something better lol its just seem like that the DS and 3DS use the similar hardware and its aggravating.
Yes, it is so aggravating to use a familiar architecture, making it easier for their developers to work with. How inconsiderate of Nintendo. Don't they know they should be keeping their engineers busy by finding a new architecture for each new console, rather than continuing to use one of the most widely used architectures for non-PC devices?

Reactions: frogboy

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I never sayed that this pic was related to yellows8 exploit. And yes, I know that one doesn't need this RAM setup to reproduce this new exploit. I just wanted to reply to lokomelo that this was achieved not on unmodified 3DS, but in fact VERY HEAVY modified 3DS and that neimod's picture is whole another opera...
The point is that he was able to hex edit a savegame file and that it actually worked with an unmodded 3DS.
He probably used the modified 3DS to load the savegame file to the cartridge and then use the cartridge in an unmodded 3DS, or at least that's what I can make of this.
And with access to savegames they might be able to find some kind of exploit that might give them access to the 3DS, but that's just speculation, but it gives hope nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess Amazon is ditching Alexa for Rufus lol