Hacking 3DS Hack: "We hacked it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the 3DS, there was a game save exploit Nintendo was able to patch out (at least the part that made the current hacks useful.) The Wii U just has a hack that acts like a disc drive (meaning the only thing it's good for is piracy.)

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
I'm usually a patient person (here & there), but it's not me,
in general, 3DS really IS taking to long to hack..or at least to release hack in public.

Someone will reply on my post giving a reason why this is so and saying "why dont you hack it yourself.." and so on...
but it doesn't matter why that is, the fact IS that is taking to long whatever the reason...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
in general, 3DS really IS taking to long to hack..or at least to release hack in public.

Someone will reply on my post giving a reason why this is so and saying "why dont you hack it yourself.." and so on...
but it doesn't matter why that is, the fact IS that is taking to long whatever the reason...
PS3 says hi. And it got hacked eventually.

yuuna

Hello, this is turtle.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

and how long do you think Nintendo developed 3DS before public release?

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country

The problem is that, when you say it's taking "too long" you're being too vague. Some people might take it as "the hackers are taking too long", which the natural response is to tell you not to act so entitled. Another common way of understanding what you said would be that you're complaining the lack of a hack is adversely affecting you in some way ― causing you to buy legitimate games or games from your region, for instance. If it's the former, you can't really expect people to sympathise. Yet another way it can be taken is that you're implying there's an upper limit that will cause a specific action you'll take if the length of time passes that limit. For instance, you have to sell your 3DS if it's not hacked soon.

So, yeah, saying it's taking "too long" isn't really going to generate much empathy. Instead, we should all just be looking forward to the time when it is hacked, for whatever reasons we have for wanting it. Mostly because whinging about it on a public forum isn't going to make that time come any faster.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
PS3 says hi. And it got hacked eventually.
By the way, How did PS3 got hacked? i heard that it took a Loong time to hack it... (dont know, dont hawe or liked PS :P but i would like to buy it some day :) )

and how long do you think Nintendo developed 3DS before public release?

Its like car manufacturers i guess.. they make a car, and than after a month they make a new genertion of cars, but not release it in a public in a 5 years...

The problem is that, when you say it's taking "too long" you're being too vague. Some people might take it as "the hackers are taking too long", which the natural response is to tell you not to act so entitled. Another common way of understanding what you said would be that you're complaining the lack of a hack is adversely affecting you in some way ― causing you to buy legitimate games or games from your region, for instance. If it's the former, you can't really expect people to sympathise. Yet another way it can be taken is that you're implying there's an upper limit that will cause a specific action you'll take if the length of time passes that limit. For instance, you have to sell your 3DS if it's not hacked soon.

So, yeah, saying it's taking "too long" isn't really going to generate much empathy. Instead, we should all just be looking forward to the time when it is hacked, for whatever reasons we have for wanting it. Mostly because whinging about it on a public forum isn't going to make that time come any faster.

I just said because i felt like it and wandering what happened..i really want to use my 3DS as i use my DS lite, that's all :)

I wont sell my 3DS. if it's not hacked than life moves on... i just don't want to mess my 3DS by udating it.

as for "you can't really expect people to sympathise" i didn't expect anyone to sympathise with me, that was just my reaction on 3DS hacking, did't had any intentions and i was not implying anything, just expressing my feelings abot the topic ^^

reaper527

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U just has a hack that acts like a disc drive (meaning the only thing it's good for is piracy.)

the xbox360's jtag hack says hi. that hack was possible because of the firmware hack that allowed people to burn games to dvd+r dl (which in turn allowed people to mess around with unsigned resources and find an exploit in a shader library).

dismissing a hack as only good for piracy is short sighted and naive, because nobody knows what the future brings.

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the xbox360's jtag hack says hi. that hack was possible because of the firmware hack that allowed people to burn games to dvd+r dl (which in turn allowed people to mess around with unsigned resources and find an exploit in a shader library).

dismissing a hack as only good for piracy is short sighted and naive, because nobody knows what the future brings.

Since when were we talking about Xbox 360?
The only thing the Wii U Key can do right now is play pirated games. I don't care if you call them "Backups" but they are illegally copied games. The Wii U Key is specifically mimicking the DVD drive and you can put ISOs on it. There is no homebrew as that part of the system hasn't been cracked.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care if you call them "Backups" but they are illegally copied games.
No one cares. Everyone here has "illegally" copied something or broke some non-legally binding EULA. To pretend otherwise and to argue so fervently against it is futile. Anyway, I suggest you re-read reaper527's post because they made a very valid point that completely negates yours.

Reactions: powered_by_tux

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
They are both in similar situations. Wii U is hacked in both Wii mode, and Wii U mode, but the Wii U mode hack isn't available to the public. The 3DS is hacked in both 3DS mode and DS mode, but the 3DS mode hack isn't available to the public.

In the 3DS they might have broke through the security but is not even near of what the WiiKey team has managed to get on the Wii U.

3DS' AntiHacks is better than the Wii U's

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
In the 3DS they might have broke through the security but is not even near of what the WiiKey team has managed to get on the Wii U.

3DS' AntiHacks is better than the Wii U's
Uh, no. They had unsigned code running on the 3DS. They do not have that on the Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I wonder if they ever announced the rg35sp winner or just keeping it quiet now