3DS gets Swapnote/Nintendo Letter Box, a messaging system.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really don't understand why they did this...

You can open the Friend's List while in other games, so it would make more sense to be able to click on a friend, and send a message.

Making a whole different application just makes it more work to send a message, and less convenient.

At least it's some form of communication... but they could have done it so much better.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
awssk8er perhaps the messaging service is too much for the console to run while also multitasking. You take it for granted that the 3DS can do anything at all while a game is running.

Then again, they have the internet browser worked out properly. It's either laziness or design limitations.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow.. if they went to this much trouble making a seperate app why not add voice chat or sumthing... lets hope it comes eventually..... still tihs is an awsome update to my dusty unused system that i might use more often in the next few months

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er perhaps the messaging service is too much for the console to run while also multitasking. You take it for granted that the 3DS can do anything at all while a game is running.

Then again, they have the internet browser worked out properly. It's either laziness or design limitations.
I thought about that, but like you said. I figured if it could run a browser and a game, it could send a message. Who knows, could be the reason.

And yeah, having one separate app for voice chat, or maybe even video chats would be amazing. I don't think Nintendo would ever put video chats in. It would be nice because I talk to my friend who moved across the county all the time on Skype, but neither of us have webcams.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand the point of a messaging service, when about ten people on the planet own a 3DS.

You, my good sir, are full of lulz. I hereby award you with the title "All-Knowing", for knowing the exact number of people in the planet who owns a 3DS.

Cheers but I don't know the exact number of people who own a 3DS hence why I said 'about ten.' It could easily be nine or eleven people who own a 3DS.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand the point of a messaging service, when about ten people on the planet own a 3DS.

You, my good sir, are full of lulz. I hereby award you with the title "All-Knowing", for knowing the exact number of people in the planet who owns a 3DS.

Cheers but I don't know the exact number of people who own a 3DS hence why I said 'about ten.' It could easily be nine or eleven people who own a 3DS.
peh, that's too generous
only three people own a 3ds :tpi:

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

peh, that's too generous
You are too generous kind sir. Perhaps there's only one. :tpi: :tpi:

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

peh, that's too generous
You are too generous kind sir. Perhaps there's only one. :tpi: :tpi:

I don't understand the point of saying things that are completely false to support fanboy hate points.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, it looks like those 10 3DS owners will still beat the 2 Vita owners. :P

Duh! The Vita has nothing but shit ports. If I was interested in shit ports, I would have picked up a 3DS.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Duh! The Vita has nothing but shit ports. If I was interested in shit ports, I would have picked up a 3DS.
With nothing but a hackable online system behind it, who would want a Vita? Eww.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

With nothing but a hackable online system behind it, who would want a Vita? Eww.
3DS HAS NO GAMES MARIO IS FOR BABIES. VITA FTW

inb4flame

Seriously guys, let's don't go off topic.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

With nothing but a shit hackable online system behind it, who would want a Vita? Eww.

Fixed it for ya. PSN=FAIL

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.