Hacking 3DS games available on the eshop

nikkuchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I am a new poster, though I have been viewing this forum for years.

I live in Japan and just bought myself a 3DS. One of the first things I did was go to the e-shop to get the free Excite Bike, and while surfing it, I found that there are currently 3 3DS games offered on the e-shop (Zelda, Star Fox 64, and Tales of the Abyss). I haven't purchased any yet because it's much cheaper to just purchase a tangible card from a store, but I am still curious about it.

If I were to download a full 3DS game through the e-shop, how will that data be stored the SD card? What sort of protections will be on them to keep us from copying them? I'm a giant noob when it comes to how things work with Nintendo e-shops and stuff, but I'm considering purchasing Star Fox and taking a look at the game data.

Are 3DS games available for download yet in other countries? It seems pretty new here, so I was a bit curious about that as well.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
What? I dont think you can download them, They're just there for information.
Plus I dont think SF64 and ToA is released yet.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Those are most likely just videos showing the upcoming games. Star Fox 64 doesn't come out in Japan until July 14th

@jan777: ToA came out in Japan on the 30th of June.

nikkuchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well once I get home I will take one more look and post a few pics, but I'm fairly certain they were for sale as it had a price tag on in and I believe there was a purchase option. Anyway, pics in about 1~2 hours when I get home.

nikkuchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies. You are right. It's just info. I'm unfamiliar with the eshop. It looked like a purchasable game as it was displayed just like other purchasable titles, but instead of a "purchase" option it says something along the lines of "This game can be purchased at a Nintendo software retailer."

Suck.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well its OK, it's a simple mistake to make. I think you got a few people's hopes up though thinking there were downloadable retail games in the eshop lol.

Matyapiro31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
英語がおかしいと言われないように頑張れよっ!
まず、関係代名詞や、従属節を使わず、変な前置詞も使わない。
Google翻訳等に頼らず、自分でGenius English-Japanese dictionaryをdsiwareで購入するなどしてみよう。
(800 dsi point)

Matyapiro31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry,perhas he understands japanese.
Any way ,it is good English practice for japanese or foreigner live in japan to write topic in English.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
syko5150 said:
Well its OK, it's a simple mistake to make. I think you got a few people's hopes up though thinking there were downloadable retail games in the eshop lol.
If only those people would read what's in the eShop instead of just looking at the pictures. How can you think that the game is available for download when you are (let's say) in the E3 video section and that the cost is 0.00$ ?? How can you believe that a promotion of a game mean you can buy it when there is no download button ??

Pip'

pengypikmin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pippin666 said:
syko5150 said:
If only those people would read what's in the eShop instead of just looking at the pictures. How can you think that the game is available for download when you are (let's say) in the E3 video section and that the cost is 0.00$ ?? How can you believe that a promotion of a game mean you can buy it when there is no download button ??

Pip'
there is a download button, but it downloads the trailer.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still havent got a 3ds yet ,but since your in japan , do yoou know if the megaman demo is out in the e-shop yet,the one you have to pay for the demo ,?the one that they say that if enough people buy it they will make the game but if not they wont
also anyone know if the demo is available in the U.S. for download yet ,and if it is a pay demo here too?

nikkuchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Matyapiro31 said:
?????????????????????!
?????????????????????????????
Google???????????Genius English-Japanese dictionary?dsiware?????????????
(800 dsi point)

??????????????????????????????????????????????

for those who don't read Japanese, apparently this guy thinks I'm Japanese and is trying to give me advice on correct English usage lol.

QUOTE(totalnoob617 @ Jul 10 2011, 03:23 PM) still havent got a 3ds yet ,but since your in japan , do yoou know if the megaman demo is out in the e-shop yet,the one you have to pay for the demo ,?the one that they say that if enough people buy it they will make the game but if not they wont
also anyone know if the demo is available in the U.S. for download yet ,and if it is a pay demo here too?

It's not out here yet. I don't know about it, but if it's another Mega Man Legends I ain't paying a thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.