Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, I need to look into this. Wow, thanks I didn't know this was possible.

So the only reason to get a Gateway/MT is to play 3DS ROMs stored on a MicroSD card? In that case I'd still like to know where to buy one in Europe.
playmods.co.uk for example, that's where I got mine or teensy.co.uk both very good shops

billyme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 3ds withthe latest update will any flashcart be able to work for me? R4i in their site says that it works is this true? The new update of gateway will support my 3ds?

aliess

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I am new to all this , if I get a 3ds with 4.5 update, which flashcart do I need to play pokemon X Y , preferably a cart cheaper than the gateway , is there any ? Or any future update that will support pokemon

stereowax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I am new to all this , if I get a 3ds with 4.5 update, which flashcart do I need to play pokemon X Y , preferably a cart cheaper than the gateway , is there any ? Or any future update that will support pokemon

You need the Gateway AFAIK, check the compatibility list when in doubt. I'd recommend Gateway simply because they release more updates and have the highest level of compatibility, and the rest are clones of the Gateway.

Compatibility List - http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_flashcarts_game_compatibility

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

stereowax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, isn't the MT not a clone? Or at least the software? Seems funny that we're still using cartridges in 2014, hehe.

I'm pretty sure the MT is a clone and besides, it doesn't have anywhere near the level of support that Gateway has so you'll always be playing catch up. Better to get the real thing, you'll be thankful in the long run I'm sure.

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't even gotten an 3DS yet, but that bricking business on Gateways and clones makes me not want to touch any of them, if I do buy one. Way to poison the marketplace well. :\

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well there has never really been a 100% safe hacking scene, and yeah MT are gateway clones in their latest video they clearly had GW3D left on display in the system settings....they promptly removed the video and re-shot it hoping people wouldn't catch on, but now its pretty much indisputable that they are clones(or for the conspiracy theorist's they are the same people)

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This week almost finish and mt card team hasnt realesed the update, they told me that they were going to launch it these week. I dont own a mt-card but im sure that people with mt card can do 100% saves and uplad them

BlueWyvern4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(I hope AR DSI 3ds compatible counts for this...)
So, um. I have a dsi 3ds compatible ar and I wanted to add some codes. However, when i plug it in to my laptop, it doesnt even show any codes (no dropdown) even though in my 3ds it works. when i move codes from the left onto it, it gives me a not enough free space error. when i try and reset hardware, it says an error occurred.

please help... I'd love to get some pokemon codes on there.

Bigbones87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have my exploitable 3dsxl, and a the gateway on omega 2.2. I am noob at all this, but everything seems to be working fine except newer games? I can load the new super Mario bros 2 rom just fine, and it plays as it should. But if I try to play the other 5 roms I have, they either freeze the console, or say error occurred. The other roms are kind Kingdom hearts, luigi mansion, Mario and luigi dream team, and a couple others that are newer I guess. Is it because I am on 4.4 firmware, and didn't get to update to the 7.2 emunand? I thought I read gateway auto spoofs for newer games?

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I have my exploitable 3dsxl, and a the gateway on omega 2.2. I am noob at all this, but everything seems to be working fine except newer games? I can load the new super Mario bros 2 rom just fine, and it plays as it should. But if I try to play the other 5 roms I have, they either freeze the console, or say error occurred. The other roms are kind Kingdom hearts, luigi mansion, Mario and luigi dream team, and a couple others that are newer I guess. Is it because I am on 4.4 firmware, and didn't get to update to the 7.2 emunand? I thought I read gateway auto spoofs for newer games?
Those games should work fine with no problems, even without emunand.
Try checking your microsd with fakeflashtest maybe?
http://www.rmprepusb.com/tutorials/-fake-usb-flash-memory-drives

Bigbones87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those games should work fine with no problems, even without emunand.
Try checking your microsd with fakeflashtest maybe?
http://www.rmprepusb.com/tutorials/-fake-usb-flash-memory-drives
Thanks. That was the issue. Crappy Chinese knockoff. I used a name brand one and they all work fine. So what games won't work without emunand? Just the pokemon games and animal crossing, or...? Also, I put sd roms on the blue card, and used a couple. Now it doesn't load into gateway mode. I'm assuming every time I use the blue card, I will have to do the gateway installer again to go back to red card?

ScarletCrystals

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks. That was the issue. Crappy Chinese knockoff. I used a name brand one and they all work fine. So what games won't work without emunand? Just the pokemon games and animal crossing, or...? Also, I put sd roms on the blue card, and used a couple. Now it doesn't load into gateway mode. I'm assuming every time I use the blue card, I will have to do the gateway installer again to go back to red card?
All games that work on Gateway will work without emunand. And yes, running ds games resets the exploit. So you have to redo the exploit.

Reactions: Bigbones87

Bigbones87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All games that work on Gateway will work without emunand. And yes, running ds games resets the exploit. So you have to redo the exploit.
Thank you very much for all the help. :). So what are the advantages of emunand? Just online play and Eshop? I don't care about either of those, so I guess I don't ever really need emunand then, since all games work without it? Thanks again.

ScarletCrystals

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you very much for all the help. :). So what are the advantages of emunand? Just online play and Eshop? I don't care about either of those, so I guess I don't ever really need emunand then, since all games work without it? Thanks again.
You don't need emunand for online play either. Just for accessing eshop and local wireless play.

Reactions: Bigbones87

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ninty can still make money filing false DMCAs.
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid prime 4 to the next console because by now it has been quite a while and there's no release date scheduled yet
    lol there's a guy selling mig switch in usa on ebay for $200/ea he's definitely going to get nailed with dmca by tomorrow
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Wasn't Metroid Prime 4 teased all the way back in 2017? For the switch no less?
    :rofl2:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped
    for $200? rofl.
    well as far as metroid prime 4 is concerned, the next system probably is similar enough to the current gen they can probably easily just slap it onto a next gen cart and call it good :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The switch was about 350 in 2017
  • Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0:
    mabe where you live
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will launch globally on March 3, 2017 for $299.99—earlier than some had expected at the price many suspected. https://time.com/4632820/nintendo-switch-nx/
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The NES launched at like 250 and the rob and light gun kit was like 350 or something
    I was near the test market for the NES and man did it make my 2600 look like ass lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory
    next system rumored to launch at $400
    but I don't really believe any rumors yet
    need to have official info from N
    The 3DO and Neo Geo where like 700 bucks hmm the PS3 was stupid expensive at launch lol
    But at least the PS3 was only 500 for the cheapest one at launch
    My opinion is that 199.99 is the sweet spot but that spot is long gone lol
    Just played some Micheal Jackson Moonwalker.... Those poor parents trying desperately to protect their children
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    400 is a decent sweet spot if we get enough out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how it was when we were locked down to a few options and that's it
    For me just buying a Pi and some accessories fills that not a PC void new consoles have just put them close to PC prices and all the patching and updates makes me feel like I might as well just get a PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Were talking new Gen consoles at launch here
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were talking new Gen consoles at launch here