Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

goober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys is the r4i 3ds out of updates? it looks like they cant copy from gateways 3ds anymore... I just wasted money on this sht{-.-}

Pretty much. Never buy clones. You almost always eventually lose features and compatibility. Which means you rarely save money.

frettfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope i am in the right spot for this. If not, i apologize in advance.

Anyway, i have an Ace3ds plus card which works great for all my .nds files. My question is this, how do i use this to play .3ds files? or what do i need to buy to be able to do this?

thanks

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a ds mode cart, it wont play 3ds games
you need to buy a 3ds mode cart (gateway or mt card) (and you need to be on firmwares between 4.1 - 4.5 to use them)

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the Gateway's DS mode (blue cart?) be used on non-3DS systems? And what firmware is it able to work up to? I was considering giving it to my girl to use until I specifically needed it for something, but it doesn't seem to work on her (updated) 3DS or even the DS lite that a friend had let us test with.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the Gateway's DS mode (blue cart?) be used on non-3DS systems? And what firmware is it able to work up to? I was considering giving it to my girl to use until I specifically needed it for something, but it doesn't seem to work on her (updated) 3DS or even the DS lite that a friend had let us test with.
How updated is her 3DS? I've used my blue card on my black 3DSXL, so it had a firmware in the 5.x to 6.x range, so I know it works there. And as for the DS Lite, I'd assume so. It's just a regular DS flashcart, so the same rules would apply.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Holy crap am I reading this right? In the news of Gateway 3DS it states that 2.02B Firmware works with all 7.1 3DS updates?

What's new?

* Many stability improvements over previous beta release
* Full support for firmware 7.1 (including saving and emunand GW3D indicator, etc.)

I won my gateway on GBAtemp at christmas but never used it due to the fact it was for use only on older 3DS firmware than I had installed, so I'm out of the loop. Figured I'd give this thread a check to see if there was any updates to my situation and this has sparked my interest!

My 3DS is on 7.1.0-16E firmware right now, if I look into setting up my Gateway with the 2.02 firmware will I be able to use it properly?

Thanks guys!

EDIT: Ah crap, I just looked up a few comments on the last page and it says that still only 3DS firmwares 4.1->4.5 are compatible... Why get my hopes up like this?! hahaha

D

Deleted User

First post of this thread is way out of date. Where's the homebrew and online support tick marks? Also, where's the Gateway 2.2 news on the frontpage?

This site is supposed to be up-to-date man!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps