Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
thanks for the reply..
the save part I didn't understand..u mean we cannot use the in game save and have to save by pressing home etc?
BTW can we save anywhere in the game using that method?

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Has someone recived an emai from gateway regarding to future updates?

Doubt it. Gateway has no need to go public with anything right now. They managed the big accomplishment of multi-ROM AND 100% compatibility. Until some major release comes out that requires their attention to get running, we probably won't be seeing a whole lot from them.

RJ Sly 95

Trophies
XP
Country
Until yesterday, I was only using a 2gb card with my r4i deluxe, though that couldn't fit some games like DKCR. So yesterday I finally went on and bought a cheap 8 gb card. A Kingston class 4.
It's working fine, so I bought another one, identical to the one I bought yesterday... works fine on PC and phone but the 3DS doesn't recognize the card at all. :/
What's the deal? Thanks in advice

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until yesterday, I was only using a 2gb card with my r4i deluxe, though that couldn't fit some games like DKCR. So yesterday I finally went on and bought a cheap 8 gb card. A Kingston class 4.
It's working fine, so I bought another one, identical to the one I bought yesterday... works fine on PC and phone but the 3DS doesn't recognize the card at all. :/
What's the deal? Thanks in advice
Maybe you formatted it incorrectly? Try again.

Boosted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm wondering if 4.5.0-10U is considered to be 4.5.0? Basically, I'm wondering if I can use this firmware with Gateway 3ds.

I'm also wondering if a 3DS with firmware 3.0.0-6U can be upgraded to 4.5.0? I'm unsure of how the updating works, but if it is anything like phones, you don't get the option to choose what update you'd like to apply, you simply get the latest. If that is the case, do I simply just get a game that force updates it to 4.5?

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I'm wondering if 4.5.0-10U is considered to be 4.5.0? Basically, I'm wondering if I can use this firmware with Gateway 3ds.

Yes, the -10U is just for eShop; congratulations, you are holding a GW-compatible 3DS!

I'm also wondering if a 3DS with firmware 3.0.0-6U can be upgraded to 4.5.0? I'm unsure of how the updating works, but if it is anything like phones, you don't get the option to choose what update you'd like to apply, you simply get the latest. If that is the case, do I simply just get a game that force updates it to 4.5?

Yes, you can use a cart that includes the 4.5.0 update, make sure Wifi is disabled before you insert the cart to complete the update. There is a step-by-step guide somewhere in this forum but it should be obvious. Make sure to NOT upgrade to anything beyond 4.5.0.

Reactions: Nightwish

Boosted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the -10U is just for eShop; congratulations, you are holding a GW-compatible 3DS!

Yes, you can use a cart that includes the 4.5.0 update, make sure Wifi is disabled before you insert the cart to complete the update. There is a step-by-step guide somewhere in this forum but it should be obvious. Make sure to NOT upgrade to anything beyond 4.5.0.

Awesome! Thank you very much for this information :) I appreciate the response and will dig for the guide after my final exams.

Nealio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if all of this has been answered multiple times already--I've been out of the loop for a while.

I'm still on Gateway 1.2. Any reason not to update to 2.1 Omega? Any brick reports? I know that you cannot revert back to 1.2 after you upgrade to 2.1, so I just want to be sure. Lastly, is there anything special I need to do when upgrading, or do I simply just swap out the Launcher.dat file?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if all of this has been answered multiple times already--I've been out of the loop for a while.

I'm still on Gateway 1.2. Any reason not to update to 2.1 Omega? Any brick reports? I know that you cannot revert back to 1.2 after you upgrade to 2.1, so I just want to be sure. Lastly, is there anything special I need to do when upgrading, or do I simply just swap out the Launcher.dat file?

no reason not to, been out for over a month now and no problems
just swap the launcher and reformat your microsd card to exfat and copy the roms to it
it will update the card when you try to run gateway mode

Nealio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no reason not to, been out for over a month now and no problems
just swap the launcher and reformat your microsd card to exfat and copy the roms to it
it will update the card when you try to run gateway mode

Nice, glad to hear. Thanks for the info.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
This might be a bit of a stupid question (I haven't kept quite up to date with this stuff) but now that eshop titles are being dumped, what does this mean for patches/DLC? For example, the Pokemon 1.2 patch has a scene release, can we actually use that? And if so, how?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto