Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys,

I recently received my Gateway 3DS at long last. Updated it almost immediately to 2.1 Omega, of course. Did the NAND backup, and then set up for EmuNAND. Now, here's the deal... I did this with the 4gig card that the XL came with, and I want to use a larger capacity card... but when I get ready to backup the stuff over in order to copy it, I see that the 4gig card is showing up as 3 gigs in Windows. That means it's probably doing some kind of hidden partition thing. So, how do I copy this over to a new SD so I can still retain everything?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys,

I recently received my Gateway 3DS at long last. Updated it almost immediately to 2.1 Omega, of course. Did the NAND backup, and then set up for EmuNAND. Now, here's the deal... I did this with the 4gig card that the XL came with, and I want to use a larger capacity card... but when I get ready to backup the stuff over in order to copy it, I see that the 4gig card is showing up as 3 gigs in Windows. That means it's probably doing some kind of hidden partition thing. So, how do I copy this over to a new SD so I can still retain everything?
You're right, that lost 1 gig is from the EmuNAND, which is roughly 1GB. I found this post through google from maxconsole, so hopefully it can help you out.
1st You need format the SD Card & create the emuNAND in new SD Card
2nd Use partition manager* to delete the partition JUST created & then copy the old emuNAND partition to the empty partition
Finally done & you should enjoy same as previous configuration & games saved**

*I recommended Mini Partition Tools & here the link (http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-...n-manager.html)
**Friendly reminder: DON'T simply delete the old SD Card emuNAND partition & try everything CAREFULLY and make sure everything is in working order before you delete the old SD Card emuNAND partition.

Hope this help!

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So where's online support? When's the next Gateway update?
Nowhere to be seen. We have no idea. This is basically a more modern post of the "So where's multirom? When's the next Gateway update?" and the "So where's region-free? When's the next Gateway update?" God forbid they don't churn out another update in 2 weeks.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So where's online support? When's the next Gateway update?
Nowhere to be seen. We have no idea. This is basically a more modern post of the "So where's multirom? When's the next Gateway update?" and the "So where's region-free? When's the next Gateway update?" God forbid they don't churn out another update in 2 weeks.
I think GW has learned from their past mistakes in communication..Which is not bad in mi opinion. What would you like better?

1. Gateway saying something's coming in few days and then keep moving the release date or....
2. Gateway announcing something when they are actually certain they can deliver and only then, even if it takes months.

For now we can at least say they are delivering and not abandoning us...

Reactions: tbgtbg

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I thought I'd give game dumping a try, not quite sure how it's supposed to work. I dump RE Revelations and when I try to enter gateway mode, it freezes. Is it copying the game from the SD to the Micro SD, or did I overlook something?

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to confirm something here. The GW omega firmware has all game saves embedded in the roms themselves correct?
So if that's the case, what would happen if someone provided a game rom (from omega) that they had saved on? If I loaded that into my 3ds, would I see the same save data they have on there?

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to confirm something here. The GW omega firmware has all game saves embedded in the roms themselves correct?
So if that's the case, what would happen if someone provided a game rom (from omega) that they had saved on? If I loaded that into my 3ds, would I see the same save data they have on there?
For regular, Card 1 games, the saves are still a separate file. As for Card 2 games (Pokemon X/Y and AC:NL), I can't comment.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tested out a card 2 rom like in my scenario?
Basically trying to figure out if there's a way to get a version of pokemon x or y, with all or most pokemon transfered already, since I don't have the hardware to perform this. (Unless cheat files start showing up ala supercars ds2 .dat files)

moviecut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guys,

Use this: http://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
newcomer here. :)
BTW I want to purchase gateway but I have few questions
1. I am confuse regarding from whom to buy..any idea which reseller supports PayPal and most reliable?

2. I have seen many post regarding freezes during gameplay..will it often happen?

3. can anybody explain regarding save files like how and where they are saved?

4. what is real time save system..is it like save states? it will be very useful in games like zero escape ( save corruption anyone?) and devil survivor overclocked (constant freezes)

5. finally can we download patch like pokemon x y patch for save corruption while using ROMs or download dlc for ROMs?

and thank you for taking your time to read ^^

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
newcomer here. :)
BTW I want to purchase gateway but I have few questions
1. I am confuse regarding from whom to buy..any idea which reseller supports PayPal and most reliable?

2. I have seen many post regarding freezes during gameplay..will it often happen?

3. can anybody explain regarding save files like how and where they are saved?

4. what is real time save system..is it like save states? it will be very useful in games like zero escape ( save corruption anyone?) and devil survivor overclocked (constant freezes)

5. finally can we download patch like pokemon x y patch for save corruption while using ROMs or download dlc for ROMs?

and thank you for taking your time to read ^^
1) Don't know.
2) No. No more so than before.
3) Card 1 games (everything but some eshop games, Pokemon X/Y, and Animal Crossing) are saved to the 3DS SD card, not the microSD card. I've heard that Card 2 games are saved to the ROM itself, but iuno.
4) No. It just means you won't have to close the game through the home menu to save (although you still should because it's safer).
5) Yes, you can download patches. Pretty sure people have said you can download DLC too. Since you can download patches, I don't see why not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto