Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
but why does dstwo work with it ( saw it on youtube ) and gateway not? thats serious shit... spend 70€ and now its not working, the website should have made it clear that 7.1 is not the 3ds firmware support

Because it's a whole different flashcard. The Gateway uses an exploit in the DS Mode to get access to the 3DS Mode. This exploit wasn't patched until 7.0, however, even though the exploit was still there you couldn't access the 3DS Mode in firmwares bigger than 4.5. The DSTWO doesn't need to get access the 3DS Mode and the DS Mode still has many vulnerabilities

Kinami37

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
* Full support for firmware 7.1 (including saving and emunand GW3D indicator, etc.)

You should read more carefully.
Do you think that it will support 7.1 without going to 6.3 first? :|
And do your research.

Yeah dude, whats wrong with you?

"Full support for firmware 7.1" <-- i guessed it meant the 3ds firmware ( obivous )
(including saving and emunand GW3D indicator, etc) <-- from understanding this sentence it means, the update to work with 7.1 also INCLUDES saving and emunand etc features.

krzz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
but why does dstwo work with it ( saw it on youtube ) and gateway not? thats serious shit... spend 70€ and now its not working, the website should have made it clear that 7.1 is not the 3ds firmware support
Man before you buy something you have to do some research.

I'm sorry for you but if you download the manual on the Gateway-3DS website you can read that it is only compatible with 4.0-4.5 firmware, you can also read this everywhere on this forum or on the internet.

Now you should try to sell it to someone else or to get a 4.5 3DS.

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That statement on the website truly is a bit misleading if you haven't followed the happenings around the card from the beginning on

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry, people tend to be assholes here ;)
And yes, it costs money sadly
Assholes? Lol?
Most of people tend to do a research before buying a product they are not aquainted with.
Especially when most of the guides,videos etc says that the Gateway flashcard suppports firmware 4.1 to 4.5.
The sentence is not misleading at all.
When Kinami bought Gateway the site he bought it from said it supports 3DS WITH 4.5 Firmware!

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Assholes? Lol?
Most of people tend to do a research before buying a product they are not aquainted with.
Especially when most of the guides,videos etc says that the Gateway flashcard suppports firmware 4.1 to 4.5.
The sentence is not misleading at all.
When Kinami bought Gateway the site he bought it from said it supports 3DS WITH 4.5 Firmware!

Nobody's perfect ;) If you're a newcomer in this scene you simply don't have the background knowledge

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The text on the Gateway site is so poorly written that indeed ended up being misleading. I think I haven seen already 10 cases of people buying the cart for that sentence that says "full 7.1 support"; and it's also true that only the people who have followed the news understand the actual mean of that.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The text on the Gateway site is so poorly written that indeed ended up being misleading. I think I haven seen already 10 cases of people buying the cart for that sentence that says "full 7.1 support"; and it's also true that only the people who have followed the news understand the actual mean of that.

I agree I bought the card way before the updated betas came out and sadly I had my 3ds updated to the latest fw which I believe was 6.3 but I still have hope it will one day work on the latest update fw, I did get excited when I saw that misleading statement on the site I thought hurrah I will work now tried it and found out it didn't.

Danny350

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway 2.0 Final delayed.

"We have been working hard to release our final 2.0 firmware in 2013 as we know you are all highly expecting it. Because we want to make sure to offer a stable and fully tested product, we are slightly delaying our next update to the early days of 2014."

http://www.gateway-3ds.com/

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEWS
HAPPY NEW YEAR

1/01/2014
We wish a happy new year to all Gateway users around the world. 2014 will be a great year for us with a lot of things to come!

We have been working hard to release our final 2.0 firmware in 2013 as we know you are all highly expecting it. Because we want to make sure to offer a stable and fully tested product, we are slightly delaying our next update to the early days of 2014.

This is what our users will soon be able to enjoy on their Gateway system:

- Integrated menu system
- Emu-Nand with up to date compatibility
- Back up your own game cartridges and create your own ROMs
- Nand based titles compatibility
- Fat32 based drag & drop Multi-Rom
- New real time save system

Note: User feedback for GW2.0b2 has been overwhelmingly positive. The absolute stability of our beta menu system was an important milestone for us prior to pushing out the FPGA update required for some of the new features.

Happy New Year! We will be back soon with our new firmware.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
NEWS
HAPPY NEW YEAR

- Integrated menu system
^^POKEMON
Get the EOF bunker ready. :D

JohnnyBlaze1986

FUCK GBATEMP!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatempsucks.com
XP
Country
United States
NEWS
HAPPY NEW YEAR

1/01/2014
We wish a happy new year to all Gateway users around the world. 2014 will be a great year for us with a lot of things to come!

We have been working hard to release our final 2.0 firmware in 2013 as we know you are all highly expecting it. Because we want to make sure to offer a stable and fully tested product, we are slightly delaying our next update to the early days of 2014.

This is what our users will soon be able to enjoy on their Gateway system:

- Integrated menu system

Note: User feedback for GW2.0b2 has been overwhelmingly positive. The absolute stability of our beta menu system was an important milestone for us prior to pushing out the FPGA update required for some of the new features.

Happy New Year! We will be back soon with our new firmware.

Early days of 2014 my ASS! That could be any time. Let's face it. They don't have it done. If they did, they'd have a video. I've supported Gateway but this is ridiculous. I hope these clones, especially that MT-Cart puts you out of business. They've actually SHOWED it working and what do you people have? EMPTY PROMISES!

Oh and I'd change that "we want to make sure to offer a stable and fully tested product" to "we're lazy and we got your money already so fuck off".

You people have given us the same bullshit since October. I'm tired of promoting you and standing up for you. Enough is enough.

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
Early days of 2014 my ASS! That could be any time. Let's face it. They don't have it done. If they did, they'd have a video. I've supported Gateway but this is ridiculous. I hope these clones, especially that MT-Cart puts you out of business. They've actually SHOWED it working and what do you people have? EMPTY PROMISES!

Oh and I'd change that "we want to make sure to offer a stable and fully tested product" to "we're lazy and we got your money already so fuck off".

You people have given us the same bullshit since October. I'm tired of promoting you and standing up for you. Enough is enough.

maybe theyre waiting for mt-card to release to see exactly what type of competition they got.
Anyways, early days of 2014 my ass also. Who even says early days of next year?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Man, they have given special treatment to you in their email replies and you are just talking shit about them; not good...

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
maybe theyre waiting for mt-card to release to see exactly what type of competition they got.
Anyways, early days of 2014 my ass also. Who even says early days of next year?
Maybe they want to show that MT-Card can't release something because they promised gateway to release their firmware after the GW released theirs since GW sold the betas to them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.