Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

oxitran

Trophies
XP
Country
has anyone got any news about this card http://www.mt-card.com/index.html or any hands on with it at all, it seems like it may be a few steps ahead of the gateway card, but then again i dont know what ofw it supports, also with the momentum behind the gateway it will most likely be the better card as long as it doesnt hit a hardware wall.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
has anyone got any news about this card http://www.mt-card.com/index.html or any hands on with it at all, it seems like it may be a few steps ahead of the gateway card, but then again i dont know what ofw it supports, also with the momentum behind the gateway it will most likely be the better card as long as it doesnt hit a hardware wall.
Their first batches should be ready soon (if I understood them right), but nothing is released yet.

/edit
It uses the same exploit as the GW so nothing over 4.5.X.

oxitran

Trophies
XP
Country
so no one can give any feedback from a early test model or such?

edit:
yeah i saw that, the profile editor exploit. so what is the factor which enables it to boot straight to the cfw, the CPU on the chip, the firmware itself being better optimised than the gateway cfw?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was wondering if someone knows if the 3DS has a read/write speed limit for SD cards.

I'm currently using a regular MicroSD class 4 with a SD adapter for EmuNAND, and it runs slow as hell (compared to the speed of the NAND), but I found that Sandisk has cards with actual higher read speeds, like this one:

http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/sd/extreme-uhs-1-45mbs/?capacity=16GB

This model is quite pricey, but if it makes EmuNAND run faster I could make the sacrifice.

So, anyone has tested or received info about this?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I was wondering if someone knows if the 3DS has a read/write speed limit for SD cards.

I'm currently using a regular MicroSD class 4 with a SD adapter for EmuNAND, and it runs slow as hell (compared to the speed of the NAND), but I found that Sandisk has cards with actual higher read speeds, like this one:

http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/sd/extreme-uhs-1-45mbs/?capacity=16GB

This model is quite pricey, but if it makes EmuNAND run faster I could make the sacrifice.

The write transfer speed is capped at 1 MB/sec iirc. This info is from homebrew devs.
(Edit: that might be the cart transfer speed so take with big grain of salt) anyway I've noticed after puting a class10 in my system that speeds did not improve over class4.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Quite hard to benchmark unless one sniffes the sd <-> 3ds interface but lets do a stopwatch test:

setup: gw 2.0b2, 3DS XL, cartridge slot empty, wlan switch off, no wlan profiles, powersaving on and brightness 4 in sys and emu, on charger power, sys 4.4, emu 7.1, sd card SanDisk Extreme 30mb/s class 10 u1 8GB, time taken from clicking ds-profile without having L pressed till emu loaded averaged over 5 tries straight after cold boots: 16.3s

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Quite hard to benchmark unless one sniffes the sd <-> 3ds interface but lets do a stopwatch test:

setup: gw 2.0b2, 3DS XL, cartridge slot empty, wlan switch off, no wlan profiles, powersaving on and brightness 4 in sys and emu, on charger power, sys 4.4, emu 7.1, sd card SanDisk Extreme 30mb/s class 10 u1 8GB, time taken from clicking ds-profile without having L pressed till emu loaded averaged over 5 tries straight after cold boots: 16.3s

Good idea.

Setup:
GW 2.0b2
3DS original model
Cartridge slot empty
WLAN off
WLAN profiles only on emuNAND
Powersaving ON - Brightness 4
Charger plugged
System 4.5/EmuNAND 7.1
MicroSD HC 4GB class 4 C04G (brandless, came with a Samsung smartphone) through Kingston SD card adapter.
Time from DS Profile until Home Menu appeared on EmuNAND (without pressing L):20.02, 18.66, 18.99, 19.16, 19.86| Average 19.34

By the way, given that you are using an extreme model, do you think that emuNAND is running slow for you? When I'm playing Mii Rescue and I buy a hero, the 3DS freezes for like half of a second until it processes the command.

EZYESS57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't get my 4.4.0-10U 3DS into Gateway mode. I have GW 2.0b2 with Blue Card contents on micro SD. I can run the installer fine. The launcher.dat file is on the root on the original Nintendo SD card (i have also tried with a newly formatted Kingston 1gb). When I go to boot into Gateway mode it just hangs and i never get the Gateway screen. What am I missing?

I've tried selecting DS profile with and without holding L. No change.
I previously was running a DTWO cart if that would have any affect on my system.

Thanks in advance!

AceLighting

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can't get my 4.4.0-10U 3DS into Gateway mode. I have GW 2.0b2 with Blue Card contents on micro SD. I can run the installer fine. The launcher.dat file is on the root on the original Nintendo SD card (i have also tried with a newly formatted Kingston 1gb). When I go to boot into Gateway mode it just hangs and i never get the Gateway screen. What am I missing?

I've tried selecting DS profile with and without holding L. No change.
I previously was running a DTWO cart if that would have any affect on my system.

Thanks in advance!

Try formatting your micro sd and your 3ds sd cards (backup any data beforehand if needed)
Using sd formatter v4

then place the files where they meant to go and try again
if that doesnt work try a different micro sd

did the installer go all okay ? no errors ?

EZYESS57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try formatting your micro sd and your 3ds sd cards (backup any data beforehand if needed)
Using sd formatter v4

then place the files where they meant to go and try again
if that doesnt work try a different micro sd

did the installer go all okay ? no errors ?

I've formatted both the micro and SD card. Didn't use sd formatter though. Will give that a try.
I have ran installer multiple times due to having to power down when gateway mode hangs (only way to exit). I have only had the installer not work twice. * get about half way and stop for several minutes. Reboot and works fine next time.

What would a different micro sd card have to do with it? The exploit seems to be running from the micro correctly? I'll try another micro sd card also.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
[...]
By the way, given that you are using an extreme model, do you think that emuNAND is running slow for you? When I'm playing Mii Rescue and I buy a hero, the 3DS freezes for like half of a second until it processes the command.

Besides the quite long emu boot time i haven't noticed any kind of lags yet. Just bought a hero on Streetpass quest (the storm the castle thingie), no lag whatsoever.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Besides the quite long emu boot time i haven't noticed any kind of lags yet. Just bought a hero on Streetpass quest (the storm the castle thingie), no lag whatsoever.

OK, I'm trying to get this whole thing together.

In this Streetpass quest game, there's an option to hire dogs/cats and another option to hire actual streetpassed Miis. I tested this again and there's no noticeable lag on the first option, but in the second option, when I hire a Mii met before, the system freezes by half of a second.

My question is, did you tested this second option (with the Streetpassed Miis)?

And one last question to clarify this altogether, is your system in emuNAND booting/closing apps/games at the same (noticeable) speed as it does in systemNAND?

seriestoo2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please guys, I need some help and have nowhere to turn.

I bought a used 4.4.0-10U DS on eBay. I also bought an R4i 3ds gold to use with it. When I try to run the first grey cart to do the 3ds setup, I always get the "An error has occurred, please restart" before I see the wood kernel menu. I emailed their support and they told me the issue was with 4.4.0 and I needed to run a patch on another DS to fix the grey cart. Instead of that, I bought Animal Crossing and used it's update to get to 4.5.0-10U. Unfortunately, I still get the exact same error when trying to use the grey cart the first time. I really wish I would've bought a Gateway instead, but I don't think I'll be able to return it. Does anybody know how to help me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/cKEFoR8kec0?si=ZyebV_OHR6dxXWCE