Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

Punkrox

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Please guys, I need some help and have nowhere to turn.

I bought a used 4.4.0-10U DS on eBay. I also bought an R4i 3ds gold to use with it. When I try to run the first grey cart to do the 3ds setup, I always get the "An error has occurred, please restart" before I see the wood kernel menu. I emailed their support and they told me the issue was with 4.4.0 and I needed to run a patch on another DS to fix the grey cart. Instead of that, I bought Animal Crossing and used it's update to get to 4.5.0-10U. Unfortunately, I still get the exact same error when trying to use the grey cart the first time. I really wish I would've bought a Gateway instead, but I don't think I'll be able to return it. Does anybody know how to help me?

Try the other cart. Mine were swapped lol

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if someone knows if the 3DS has a read/write speed limit for SD cards.

I'm currently using a regular MicroSD class 4 with a SD adapter for EmuNAND, and it runs slow as hell (compared to the speed of the NAND), but I found that Sandisk has cards with actual higher read speeds, like this one:

http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/sd/extreme-uhs-1-45mbs/?capacity=16GB

This model is quite pricey, but if it makes EmuNAND run faster I could make the sacrifice.

So, anyone has tested or received info about this?

I experienced this exact problem. I bought a new microSD to use for roms so I attempted to use my old one with an SD adapter for emuNAND. 3DS applications (such as Mii plaza, etc) loaded slower than usual. Switched back to a regular SD card and it went back to normal speed. Both the SD card and microSD card were class 4 and the adapter was a brand new one that came with my new microSD.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I experienced this exact problem. I bought a new microSD to use for roms so I attempted to use my old one with an SD adapter for emuNAND. 3DS applications (such as Mii plaza, etc) loaded slower than usual. Switched back to a regular SD card and it went back to normal speed. Both the SD card and microSD card were class 4 and the adapter was a brand new one that came with my new microSD.

Thank you, I'm glad someone replied my message again
th_onion-head042.gif

I'm preparing my memory cards for MultiROM and I want to be sure if it's worth investing on an expensive 16GB SD Extreme on 38USD rather than on a 32GB microSD Ultra for the same price.

Now, do you feel like with your current SD (instead of the MicroSD) the load speeds on emuNAND are now the same as those of the system NAND?

harry_merkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The OP is vague and this is all very confusing. So it's my understanding that if I'm on Ver. 7.1.0.-14U, I'm just entirely out of luck regarding flash carts?

Knoedel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The OP is vague and this is all very confusing. So it's my understanding that if I'm on Ver. 7.1.0.-14U, I'm just entirely out of luck regarding flash carts?
What's so confusing about the whole flash card topic?
If you are higher than 4.5 it's over for you.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK, I'm trying to get this whole thing together.

In this Streetpass quest game, there's an option to hire dogs/cats and another option to hire actual streetpassed Miis. I tested this again and there's no noticeable lag on the first option, but in the second option, when I hire a Mii met before, the system freezes by half of a second.

My question is, did you tested this second option (with the Streetpassed Miis)?

And one last question to clarify this altogether, is your system in emuNAND booting/closing apps/games at the same (noticeable) speed as it does in systemNAND?

In streetpass quest I have only the ability to hire the pets, streetpass miis are there automatically without any way I'm aware of to rehire oldones from the plaza.

I don't have the feeling that anything as of yet lagged, and the only "feelable" (aka noticeable without a watch) longer loading time is the emu boot.

But a few more stopwatch benchmarks, same setup as before:

Loading time of Face Raiders sys/emu: 7.6/8.4

Mii maker sys/emu: 5.5/7.0

Reactions: kyogre123

JohnnyBlaze1986

FUCK GBATEMP!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatempsucks.com
XP
Country
United States
I got my Ambassador games on my Gateway system and I noticed something peculiar. The Game Boy Advance games do not work. At all. When I try and play them on the EmuNAND, they freeze up at the black screen. When I play them on the actual NAND (4.5), I get told that I have to download them from the eShop again. The NES seems to work fine.

Anyone else have this issue or just me?

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sys 4.4, emu 7.1
sd card SanDisk Extreme 30mb/s class 10 u1 8GB
16.3s

System 4.5/EmuNAND 7.1
MicroSD HC 4GB class 4 C04G
Average 19.34

Dat 7.1 boot times...
I better stay on emuNAND 6.3 -> 11.0-11.5s (beta 1 launcher was faster)

Mii Maker (sys/emu): 5.2/6.3
Face Raiders (sys/emu): 8.3/9.3

SanDisk Mobile Ultra 4GB Class4 Micro SDHC
Samsung MicroSD Adapter
sysNAND 4.4 / GW2.0b2

Reactions: kyogre123

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In streetpass quest I have only the ability to hire the pets, streetpass miis are there automatically without any way I'm aware of to rehire oldones from the plaza.

I don't have the feeling that anything as of yet lagged, and the only "feelable" (aka noticeable without a watch) longer loading time is the emu boot.

But a few more stopwatch benchmarks, same setup as before:

Loading time of Face Raiders sys/emu: 7.6/8.4

Mii maker sys/emu: 5.5/7.0

Dat 7.1 boot times...
I better stay on emuNAND 6.3 -> 11.0-11.5s (beta 1 launcher was faster)

Mii Maker (sys/emu): 5.2/6.3
Face Raiders (sys/emu): 8.3/9.3

SanDisk Mobile Ultra 4GB Class4 Micro SDHC
Samsung MicroSD Adapter
sysNAND 4.4 / GW2.0b2

Thank you very much, guys! It seems that the load speeds don't improve that much, so I'm going for the cheap MicroSD.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I only noticed the loading to emuNAND lag on beta2, takes around 8-10 seconds, using a 8 gig class 4, a 4 gig seemed way slower 15-20 seconds, the same time as the default 4 gig card that came with the 3DS.
Same on both 4.4 and 4.5 XLs, and there is a definate lag with face raiders etc, but some SD cards seem to have super slow read rate, i dont think the micro sd rom wise makes a difference really, never noticed any game related lag using all different sizes brands microsd, had a couple of half second freezes 1x in mario and luigi and thats about it

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I only noticed the loading to emuNAND lag on beta2, takes around 8-10 seconds, using a 8 gig class 4, a 4 gig seemed way slower 15-20 seconds, the same time as the default 4 gig card that came with the 3DS.
Same on both 4.4 and 4.5 XLs, and there is a definate lag with face raiders etc, but some SD cards seem to have super slow read rate, i dont think the micro sd rom wise makes a difference really, never noticed any game related lag using all different sizes brands microsd, had a couple of half second freezes 1x in mario and luigi and thats about it
The first time usually needs longer. Maybe they patch the NAND/ EmuNAND somehow.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The first time usually needs longer. Maybe they patch the NAND/ EmuNAND somehow.

Indeed, after updating to 7.1, it took like 40 seconds to load.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, I found something interesting an hour ago.

There's a forum that seems to be cloning GBATemp :mellow:
And the admin there posted an interesting topic that contains this video (which I reuploaded):

The post affirms that they got GW's blue card working with a newer wood firmware 1.62. The _DSMENU.dat file it's exactly the same as the default of Gateway, but there's a .nds rom that, personally, I'm not sure what it does, but probably it does a FPGA update to the cart, so I don't know what you guys think...

Here's the link of the file that contains said rom: http://www.3dscrunch.com/download/GW_Wood_v1.62.rar

There's also an "update" file inside the __rpg folder.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Change log (v1.62):
compatibility:
- 'smurfs 2, the (europe)' fixed.
- 'smurfs 2, the (usa)' fixed.

1.62 easy to use : run woodloader.nds, then 1.62 kernel will boot out ~

El_tiburon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
today ive read from mt-card that they are releasing in 3 days time! let see what happens if Gateway gets multirom before them. here is the original from MT-Card:

The first batch of samples sent out today, were sent to Europe, America and Asia
mt card will be Release within three days,Please be patient
Thanks!

krzz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Team Gateway will EXCLUSIVELY communicate about news/update/info on our official website here or via our official email [email protected]
Anything different such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, other emails etc. is not coming from Team Gateway. Watch out for fake accounts/scammers!

So their Twitter account was a fake?

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are there any news regarding 2.0? Everything has been awfully silent since 2.0b2 :D I just saw that GaryOPA replied to somebody on Maxconsole that it won't be released before 2014 (I knew it) and rumors say that'll come very soon after new years day, I don't know if his source is that fake twitter page here

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The source is a mail reply.you can find it few pages back.
They said they won't work on it on Holidays week.

edit:
You are right, it was twitter.
anyway, 2014 is only in three days, so 2013 or 2014, that's not a waiting problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Please click all suspicious links sent your email