Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Safe to upgrade with out upgrading the NAND? Yes!

Roms and later on with new features? Probably not yet.

EDIT: Fuck, ninja'd. :angry:

landmasta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Safe in the sense you won't update the real NAND: yes.

Safe for ROMs compatibility and access to new official features: no.

Here is my question in absolute terms: if I update to 7.X, will I be able to play Pokemon Y retail cart in emuNAND mode, or whatever?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

landmasta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something I discovered by accident... if you have a 3DS game going on your EmuNAND, the 3DS is in sleep mode and the flashcard gets ejected, it will give you an error and throw you out to SysNAND. Happened to me today... had it in my back pocket and it somehow popped out. Lost an hour of Bravely Default but oh well... learned something I guess. :P

landmasta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Is it just me, or is everything in emuNAND mode sloooooow? It's taking like five minutes to boot the system settings. Actually it's not even booting. I'm def running 7.X though, cause miiverse is there.

landmasta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Well, great. Now when I boot gateway mode, it doesn't even recognize Pokemon Y as being in the game slot. Between this and the system settings never loading, what the hell is going on? Should I format the emuNAND and try to update again?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, great. Now when I boot gateway mode, it doesn't even recognize Pokemon Y as being in the game slot. Between this and the system settings never loading, what the hell is going on? Should I format the emuNAND and try to update again

Boot in "Classic Mode".

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe it's affecting the read speed too, but the classification is based on the writing speed. I don't know if there is any read speed classification.
https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/speed_class/, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#Speed_class_rating
Well, I'll be damned.
The strange part, though, is that the Wiki link says "Both read and write speeds must exceed the specified value"
And then it goes on to talk solely about write speeds...

But yes of course I concede the point.

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's affecting the read speed too, but the classification is based on the writing speed. I don't know if there is any read speed classification.
https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/speed_class/, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#Speed_class_rating

Well I'll be damned, I can't find anything on read speed for Class 4 VS class 10 cards...

And here I'm sitting now with 8 class 10 cards at 8 GB for my Gateway3DS, a and 5 other class 10 64GB cards for some Android devices. And the write speed isn't even needed on them....

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'll be damned, I can't find anything on read speed for Class 4 VS class 10 cards...

And here I'm sitting now with 8 class 10 cards at 8 GB for my Gateway3DS, a and 5 other class 10 64GB cards for some Android devices. And the write speed isn't even needed on them....

64 GB? :O That's a little much! And... you have five?! Why on earth...!

EDIT: Uh oh, I just read that it's Kupie. :D

Mr_Pichu

かわいいね!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Micro SD Flash was real cheap this year, I am sure many of us stocked up. I haven't had any compatibility trouble with PNY, or Lexar.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
No trouble here either, i got a range of cards, brand and size, no issues here at all, i even tested a $2 1gig with some 512meg roms

logon

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I know pokemon x/y retail is supposed to work on emunand but does the online stuff work too?

I haven't tried it personally. Everywhere I've read people says it does BUT it might get a 1.2 patch and not work online anymore without the 1.2 patch like Mario kart 7 when it got its 1.1 patch. It is debatable if emunand will ever work with eshop on 7.X.

Reactions: mznova

mznova

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried it personally. Everywhere I've read people says it does BUT it might get a 1.2 patch and not work online anymore without the 1.2 patch like Mario kart 7 when it got its 1.1 patch. It is debatable if emunand will work with eshop on 7.X.

I see. Thanks for the quick and thorough reply :)

Skyrider

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got my Gateway yesterday, and used up an hour to properly read through all the tutorials as I don't wish to screw things up. And in the end, got Mario Kart 7 (simple ROM test) to work! Can be a pain to see if you are in Gateway mode or not though, and it appears going to the settings while being in Gateway mode you'll go back to DS mode.

Either way, it works.. I'm happy.

I just need a larger MicroSD card for me to backup the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu