Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

boogiemantcb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, we want to reinsure you that all Gateway users will receive fullsupport. We care about our customers.Exceptionally, the tone of this normally standard support request email might bea bit harsh because of the abuse claims made by clone producer staff pretendingof bricks, which were proven to be just part of their marketing plan to makecustomers believe we also have issues with console bricking. To be clear, wealready had dozen of claims which just were proven to be fake. Unfortunatelythis cost us time away from doing what we do best, bringing you constant updatesto make your Gateway experience better and better.We still answer every single request to be sure no genuine Gateway user is leftout.If your console is bricked, and you only used the files we provided on ourwebsite, then it is almost certain this is not related to Gateway, but we willgladly help you to thank you for your support and purchase. We mean it wasprobably just an accidental bricking, like it happens sometimes for mainstreamNintendo 3DS users or any device in fact who do not use any accessories. But wewill fix it for you, gladly.We will send you back your console repaired - most of the case - or a brand newconsole.As you can imagine, we can read any Nintendo 3Ds like a book. If you send us aconsole that was bricked any other way - most likely using a clone product (MTcard, 3DS Link, R4i 3DS etc.) - we will instantly see it, and you will berequired a $100 shipping and handling fee to return your bricked console.***IMPORTANT: ALL returns must include your Nintendo 3DS, GATEWAY RED CARD and yourSD CARD. Any incomplete return will be handled as above, with a $100 shippingand handling fee to return the console & accessories.In addition to the console GW red card and SD card if possible please copy yourNand backup file to the SD card , if not possible we will do our best to recoveryour unit, but it is considerably harder for us. ***To send us your console, Gateway and SD card, please contact your vendor, andemail us the tracking number and vendor's name. We will handle the rest.Again, we want to apologize for the harsh terms of this email. We normallyprovide friendly and quick support. But the clone team is a very organized mafiawhich uses dozens of fake Gateway users to pretend their problem are theirs. Wehate to make it complex for you, but their actions force us to act this way tofind the right balance between proper support and still being able to work onupdates to keep Gateway moving forward.We will for sure repair any legit damaged console, even if it is unrelated tous, as long as it doesn't come from a clone use. We will not pretend ifcomes from a clone use if it didn't. We can instantly and clearly see when aclone was used, without any possible mistake. So rest assure again, if you didnot use a clone, we will fix your console.Why we establish those conditions is because we know that otherwise, the clonearmy of paid forum posters will send us hundreds of consoles just to againwaste our time, so we can't update our firmware and provide good support to ourcustomer. It is a crazy situation but unfortunately there is nothing we can do.Thanks for your understanding! Again, we stand by you, and look forward to muchmore to come from us. First being sending you back your console good as new!mailto:[email protected]> So I know you say know tech/support questions but this is important and I> have been researching all forums with no answers found. Is there truly a way> for you guys to restore a brick if the user is only using a gateway card and> official gw software?? So far no one in forums believes that its possible and> think that sending in a legitimate bricked unit to you guys will result in a> $100 ransom or somethjng else bad like lost 3ds and gw card. What's the exact> process for sending a bricked unit to be fixed?? Is there a sure fire way for> you guys to tell how the 3ds was bricked?? I will report whatever I learn back> to the forum so more people know and won't have to bug you. Thank u for your time

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Boogie make new thread with screenshot, please
How about no? Don't make the 50th Gateway thread. Hell, with the recent commotion, every other thread is about "something" Gateway.

You guys are sour over what happened - I get that, I feel for ya, but don't turn the forums into a rubbish bin. All of these threads and more could be posted here - in the Gateway News, Updates and Support thread.

Thank you for cooperation.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
From OP:

This is an attempt to condense the amount of threads containing questions like "Where's the update?","X Flashcard Just Released Update X", and "X Flashcart's Support is Dead" threads. This forum is congested as it is so lets try to fix that a bit.

Actually, this thread is not for
  • Complaining about non-existing 5.X/6.X/7.X support.
  • Complaining about delayed updates or missing features.
  • Wild theories about X firmware being a hoax.
  • Fights between different 3DS flashcart owners.

Please respect.

AngryRussianKid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
How about not? Don't make the 50th Gateway thread. Hell, with the recent commotion, every other thread is about "something" Gateway.

You guys are sour over what happened - I get that, I feel for ya, but don't turn the forums into a rubbish bin. All of these threads and more could be posted here - in the Gateway News, Updates and Support thread.

Thank you for cooperation.
Yep, you are right. Newfag is in euphoria, something like that.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
From OP: Please respect.
I don't see "Gateway Bricked my 3DS!" among the mentioned issues and frankly, I consider Gateway's responses in regards to the issue as "News". Desperate times call for desperate measures - I'd rather have 1 terribad thread than 100 terribad threads, it requires less clean-up, all things considered.

boogiemantcb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if the post about being off topic was directed at me or not. I only posted because it seemed to be good information and it wasn't speculation or complaining. Just an update on the update. No worries on me making another thread because I don't know how to make threads on the first place... If someone else wants to with my screenshot feel free...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Not sure if the post about being off topic was directed at me or not. I only posted because it seemed to be good information and it wasn't speculation or complaining. Just an update on the update.
Your post was on-topic and you did well putting it here - we really do have enough Gateway threads as it is. Kudos for the update! :)

Reactions: gamefan5

JohnnyBlaze1986

FUCK GBATEMP!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatempsucks.com
XP
Country
United States
Gateway said that they'd have something for us within 48 hours. They sure did give us something: the shutdown of their website.

But, in all seriousness, I'm actually glad to see this. It proves me right that these people were shady and not following through on their promises.

I believe I'm entitled to an apology as when I brought this up, I got "trolled" and bitched at.

Just bringing that up. Enjoy the bricks!

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Gateway said that they'd have something for us within 48 hours. They sure did give us something: the shutdown of their website.

But, in all seriousness, I'm actually glad to see this. It proves me right that these people were shady and not following through on their promises.

I believe I'm entitled to an apology as when I brought this up, I got "trolled" and bitched at.

Has 48 hours passed? :tpi:

They probably just didn't pay cause their bandwidth was maxed out by all the desperate users F5-ing, as usual...

Not to defend them, but they have practically NEVER kept to their own deadlines properly, so I'm not surprised.

While playing my Pokemon Y collecting Shinies,

I'm just waiting for PokeromXY support, cause it'll make cloning (and who knows, maybe save editing) easier.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

That website has been down many many times before.

g9672001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked the FAQ and couldn't find anything that answers my question so I'll ask here.

1. How do I remove the GW exploit on my 3ds? Would turning off my 3ds and turning it back on remove the exploit completely?
2. Would this save me from bricking my 3ds?

PolyChrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I checked the FAQ and couldn't find anything that answers my question so I'll ask here.

1. How do I remove the GW exploit on my 3ds? Would turning off my 3ds and turning it back on remove the exploit completely?

1. Just run a DS game in your 3DS (you can use the GW blue card), exit it. Then delete the launcher.dat from your SD card.

2. Yes.

You would be safe if you just use the 1.2 firmware, though.

glass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

You can simply avoid the brick using the Launcher 1.2 or 2.0b1 .

Edit: ninja'd

LegendaryFighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They had a video with multirom working but for some reason Belgium won't allow them to air it on gateway website. I did see the video before it was taken down and they have it working just making sure no bricks!
Btw. Has there really been a video with multirom working on gateway? It's deleted now, but when did they post it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1