Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

RyviusRan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my MT-card but I cannot get the darn thing to work.

I put the launcher.dat file on an sd card and inserted it into my 3DS XL but when I go to the Nintendo DS Profile it doesn't reset it just opens up a window to edit the profile settings.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I put the launcher.dat file on an sd card and inserted it into my 3DS XL but when I go to the Nintendo DS Profile it doesn't reset it just opens up a window to edit the profile settings.

Apply the Gateway Installer first via a DS Flashcard.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't have an MT card so I can't comment on my experience with it, but for Gateway, you need to install the exploit first, then go into the DS profile. One Gateway card is for installing the exploit and the other is for the actual game(s). Maybe that's your problem.
Ninja'd by a few seconds because of grammar improvements. Damn you...

RyviusRan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems like the switch on the yellow card will allow me to switch games without using the MT menu but I wish I could get the MT menu to work.....
When holding down the L button an tapping the Nintendo DS Profile icon it will bring be to the MT menu but just won't let me do anything.
It will just freeze on the menu with no buttons working then go back to the regular 3DS menu.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just dumped my Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate cart using 2.1 Omega and it worked perfectly. However, on the integrated menu the game's shown name is its actual filename, not the internal name. This is only the case with my own dumped rom. The scene releases show their internal name. Anyone else noticed this?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just dumped my Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate cart using 2.1 Omega and it worked perfectly. However, on the integrated menu the game's shown name is its actual filename, not the internal name. This is only the case with my own dumped rom. The scene releases show their internal name. Anyone else noticed this?
You should try opening it up with the 3DS explorer tool and see if the name shows up in the header or not.

Note: I have little to no understanding of what I just said.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

That's a funny "issue" with that specific game. I downloaded the public dump and the same is happening in my system.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I'm interested in trying out the Phoenix Wright game. I read here and there that supposedly a US dump exists, but I only see an EU. Am I missing something or is the EU version the one everyone is using on some sort of regionfree?
There seems only to be a EUR release but the Gateway should Region Unlock your 3DS for ROMs.

Prothean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I need a hand real quick guys, I'm on a 4.4.0-10E 3ds XL, just got my 3DSlink card trying to load Yoshi Island, but its givng me the "gamecard was removed" message. Now I've tried loading 3d Tetris just fine so the card works, there's just something im not doing right. Do I need emunand or something?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
K. That cart can't support that game. Pretty much, games launched around the middle of 2013 are not compatible with the clones, like Zelda, A Link Between worlds, because they were built in something called SDK Ver 5.X, which is not supported in Clones firmware 3.3b.

The launcher that supports these have a brick code that will activate inmediatly, so it's simply impossible to use.

Prothean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, appreciate the help but seriously, the disdain and hostility isn't called for, at the end of the day we are all Nintendo fans and fellow gamers : )

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks, appreciate the help but seriously, the disdain and hostility isn't called for, at the end of the day we are all Nintendo fans and fellow gamers : )

It wasn't hostility, I just like to make funny and accurate answers. Be aware of scammers, I have read how some sites promote these cards saying vague things to sell them quickly, like this one #2463. Let this be a lesson for everyone to do some research before buying something.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think you should be able to play it on the firmware that is equivalent to Gateway's 2.0b1, which doesn't contain brick code. 2.0b1 is just a bit unstable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto