Hacking 3DS Flashcard Rom Incompatibility

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
got my hands on an EU rip of bravery defult, works just fine...until its time to save and do the "exit software" bit. It just sticks there and you have to hold the power off. Unless thats just something im doing wrong, add that to the does not work list.
Copy gateway 1.2 launcher.dat and play with it. Bravely works fine with that unless you want emunand for streetpass to get villagers. I was attempting to get emunand updated to get streetpass but can't risk it with all the horror stories and changes affecting my realnand when I change emunands settings.

darkziosj

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
got my hands on an EU rip of bravery defult, works just fine...until its time to save and do the "exit software" bit. It just sticks there and you have to hold the power off. Unless thats just something im doing wrong, add that to the does not work list.

Pretty sure it's you, mine is working like charm, not problems in anything.

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy gateway 1.2 launcher.dat and play with it. Bravely works fine with that unless you want emunand for streetpass to get villagers. I was attempting to get emunand updated to get streetpass but can't risk it with all the horror stories and changes affecting my realnand when I change emunands settings.

il give that a try, did it thinking id need to for zelda or w/e. Still mad i put almost an hour into it for it to not save lol

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
il give that a try, did it thinking id need to for zelda or w/e. Still mad i put almost an hour into it for it to not save lol
Ye no point even trying to play zelda/arkham atm just play bravely for like 2 weeks until they finally update this beta and iron out the problems.
But while you are at gw2.0 you can do one thing. Use Streetpass relay spoofing to get alot of streetpass data so you get loads of villagers once you have enough move to gw1.2 keeping same save and build your village. I haven't updated my emunand to 6.2+ so can't use the relay spoofing thing but if you have I really suggest you do this as you won't be finding many villagers.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saves fine on the older firmware. Played zelda for a while, already got the mastersword and havent had any issues (with the 2.0b1 firmware atleast) Its a great game though its a bit more goofy/kiddy compared to the SNES one. That and it feels much easier up til now.

Wiki'd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Contrary to some reports mentioned here, Bravely Default works and saves fine on Gateway EmuNAND 2.0b1 version 6.3.

I just tested it myself.

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
There are already a lot of sticked threads. we will have to make some cleanup/choices to prevent having a full page of stickies lol

3DS Hacking FAQs: Post Your Ideas Here!
Nintendo 3DS Hack Compilation
3DS Bricking Rumor
Some hacking concepts and links

↑ These are outdated and not very imporant anymore.

IMPORTANT: Want To Run DS Games And ROMs On Your 3DS? — should be updated with the latest info

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
Just thought i would create a page for people to see what scene games don't work with the Gateway-3DS

You can definitely add Tomodachi Collection. This is one of the titles I'll be importing the minute a risk-free method of running out of region games appears. A little birdie told me, that Gateway is planning to add this feature in 2.0 final, and I sincerely hope they do!

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
ive updated the list now on the OP

still need to test these but pretty sure they wont work as there 6.2 and 6.1 games

529 - Professor_Layton_und_das_Vermaechtnis_von_Aslant_GER_3DS-ABSTRAKT
550 - Shingeki_no_Kyoujin_-_Jinrui_Saigo_no_Tsubasa_JPN_3DS-Kirin
573 - Daigasso_Band_Brothers_P_JPN_3DS-Kirin
598 - Professor.Layton.and.the.Azran.Legacy.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox
610 - Professeur.Layton.et.Lheritage.des.Aslantes.FRA.3DS-CONTRAST

and then theres all the 5.1.0 games too
if anyone has found any that work or dont let me know

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bravely default EUR works with 1.2 (it's using SDK4.2.5, even if bundled with System version 6.2.0 and Save Crypto 6.0.0-11 KeyY method)

I don't know abut other games.
They need to be checked with ROM_tool.

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
still need to test these but pretty sure they wont work as there 6.2 and 6.1 games

I can confirm that Highschool DxD does work. Boots and plays fine. Don't know about the saving, but NAND saving games won't boot at all, and this one does, so ...

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
Highschool DxD isnt a NAND saving game

That's what I meant. NAND saving games don't work, and this one does. Anyhow, I tested it on emuNAND with the latest firmware installed, and it runs just fine. On Gateway, of course. The Brickenator firmware.

Edit - Just realized you were probably talking about the non-emuNAND compatibility, since emuNAND runs everything, except for NAND saving games. Oh well. Just trying to help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1