3DS Fixing Roadblock

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by soraxcloud, Sep 29, 2012.

Sep 29, 2012

3DS Fixing Roadblock by soraxcloud at 9:53 PM (740 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. soraxcloud
    OP

Newcomer soraxcloud Member

United States
    So I've recently been tasked with trying to fix a friends kids two broken 3DS' "His kids broke TWO 3DS'?!" trust me I know. xD

Anyway I've cracked both of them open and found the one has a broken pin in the cartridge slot fine that's easy enough. The other however I feel may have some motherboard damage in one of the top screen ribbon inputs. I've tried both tops screens in this motherboard and got nothin' on the top screen. Is there, I dunno, a way to tell if the slot on the motherboard is broken? It looks fine as far as I can tell.

2. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Dude its great that you are fixing them. anyways does it clip still work? I dont know, does it even clip in?

Is there even a place where you can buy 3DS replacement parts?

3. soraxcloud
    OP

United States
    Yes they all clip in properly. It's so weird both motherboards look exactly the same but I suppose if it's "fried" there may not be a visual difference? Ugh I really have no idea what I'm doing in reality. xD

Yeah E-bay has some. The cartridge slot is going to require some soldering but at least I know what's wrong with it for sure. xDD

If the one is unfixable I'll just snag the cartridge slot from it instead. Make the two into one. =P

4. BORTZ

United States
    Thats really cool. I am going to do a search to see if i can find some replacement parts. When the 3DS gets a bunch of custom shells and im totally pimping my 3DS.

I dont really know about anything being fried. Have you found a tear down video or guide anywhere?

5. BORTZ

United States
    Ok so i found here, but it looks like its bulk sales or something.

6. soraxcloud
    OP

United States
    OH MAN I KNOW! When they start making awesome housings mine either needs to be that beautiful midnight purple or clear! xD

Yeah I've seen a few tear down videos but nothing about specific problems. Seems maybe it's so new no buddy really knows anything about it's insides? =(

Though I did also try looking for similar problems in the older DS' cause on the inside they don't really look all that different aaaaand didn't find anything dern.

1 person likes this.
  7. soraxcloud
    OP

United States
    Looks like you gotta buy atleast 50 from them that sucks. =(

I know Deal Extreme has some too but I also know some people frown on Deal Extreme so I wasn't sure about mentioning it but what the hey why not? xD

8. BORTZ

United States
    DX is fine as long as you are ok waiting a month for your cheap shiz.

9. soraxcloud
    OP

United States
    Most of the stuff I've gotten for fixing my DS' has come from there. Sometimes it does take a wile to get to ya though yeah. xD