Not open for further replies.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok then, that's fine. not piracy. (just hypocrisy)
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but why do you say it is hypocrisy to dump your own cartridges?
I was assuming that the games he wanted to emulate wasn't dumped by him. (I hardly imagine someone dumping his NES games himself)
The hypocrisy part was about him saying that he doesn't want to pirate but still wanted to play something he doesn't own legally. (I guess he meant he doesn't want to "pirate the 3DS games").
Maybe he really own the cartridge he wants to emulate. then it's fine and it's me who just imagined things, in that case I apologize to him.

Personally I don't care who pirate or not. it was just funny to read his sentence.

Reactions: 1 person

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok then, that's fine. not piracy. (just hypocrisy)
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but why do you say it is hypocrisy to dump your own cartridges?
I was assuming that the games he wanted to emulate wasn't dumped by him. (I hardly imagine someone dumping his NES games himself)
The hypocrisy part was about him saying that he doesn't want to pirate but still wanted to play something he doesn't own legally. (I guess he meant he doesn't want to "pirate the 3DS games").
Maybe he really own the cartridge he wants to emulate. then it's fine and it's me who just imagined things, in that case I apologize to him.

Personally I don't care who pirate or not. it was just funny to read his sentence.
Ah OK, I think I misunderstood your post a bit. But I'd guess you were probably right about him pirating the ROMs he wants to emulate, there aren't too many people with dumpers for NES/SNES/N64 cartridges lying about I don't think.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You don't actually need to have a dumper, if you own the cartridge you can download an exact copy of the rom on the internet, at least by the laws of my country. But I agree about the not considering emulation piracy being hypocrisy. You know what's even more hypocritic? You can't play games for free, but can natively listen to illegaly downloaded mp3 on your 3ds xD

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You don't actually need to have a dumper, if you own the cartridge you can download an exact copy of the rom on the internet, at least by the laws of my country.
Not in the US and such. Most people misinterpret it, the laws state you can make your own copy, not acquire somebody else's copy.

retrodoctor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Jailbreaking" is not a device exclusive word. I don't even know who told you that and convince you well enough to believe it.
jailbreaking

the process of removing the limitations imposed by Apple on devices running the iOS operating system through the use of hardware/software exploits

feel free to look it up on the internet
I can look up tons of misquoted, misinformed definitions on thousands, if not millions, of websites. Jailbreaking is a term made popular by the Apple crowd, of course, but is clearly not restricted to it. Hence, Kindle jailbreak, PS3 jailbreak. Because the person who unlocked an iPhone (geohot) managed to hack a PS3 and use the term jailbreaking does not mean it was picked up due to lack of a useful name. it was picked up because of what it did and how it works. Jailbreaking is the successful blend between hacking and knowing how to follow instructions.

Either way, this should be slightly obvious and I can't convince you one way or the other. You can continue to think what you may, but somethings just become brain meddling obvious to others.

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:Why are all of you so eager for this anyway? Few games are made for the 3ds as it is, and Nintendo is hurting financially. Do you guys just WANT to see nintendo go down?

Reactions: 2 people

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
:Why are all of you so eager for this anyway? Few games are made for the 3ds as it is, and Nintendo is hurting financially. Do you guys just WANT to see nintendo go down?

PS1 and PS2 were like the most hacked consoles of all times and still there were plenty of games made for them and Sony profited a lot from them either.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

No, Nintendo is very well thanks to the astonishing 3DS sales.
Piracy won't hurt Nintendo, since the loss of Nintendo games that aren't sold is easily surpassed by the increased sales of 3DS due to piracy.

The ones damaged with piracy are 3rd party developers

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
No, I just WANT to be able to develop homebrews for the 3DS... Plus I'm sure 3DS cards would boost significantly the 3DS sales.

PS1 and PS2 were like the most hacked consoles of all times and still there were plenty of games made for them and Sony profited a lot from them either.
I'd say the DS is the most hacked console of all times

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, Nintendo is very well thanks to the astonishing 3DS sales.
Piracy won't hurt Nintendo, since the loss of Nintendo games that aren't sold is easily surpassed by the increased sales of 3DS due to piracy.

The ones damaged with piracy are 3rd party developers

Nintendo just started selling the 3ds at a profit two weeks ago. 'Astonishing' is hardly the right word. Nintendo won't be turning a profit until around march next year.

A lot of that is, yes, due to the high launch cost of the system. A lot of it is also lack of third party support. LIke you said. The main reason they claim not to jump on board? Rampant piracy. Nobody buys DS games. Everyone has a flash cart.

I'm just stating my opinion. I hope it takes a long time to get hacked.

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been watching this thread for a couple of days, I dont have interest in piracing or anything. I would just like to create my own homebrew games. I would be satified if Nintendo released a '3dsware' specific version of 'Petit Computer' with improvements. Making a game with 3D capavilities. Genuine FPS.ect.
I dont understand whether this is real or not because of my poor english understanding, just hack the thing already! Windows 8 RTM... nuff said....
Dont talk bout specs, the thing can be modified..

Pablo3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
*This is not by me, just from the people from *snip*

On the oh-so-quite 3DS scene, neimod the hacker brings some good news! In the IRC for 3DS hacking, neimod posted that he has successfully dumped and decrypted the 3DS firmware!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by
[18:37
TODO list:
[18:38] exciting!
[18:38] 1. decrypt firmware
[18:38] 2. pwn arm9
[18:38] 3. ???
[18:38] 4. profit!
[18:38] scratch 1 from TODO list ;-)

He also posted a pastie of the hash checks http://pastie.org/pr...wtlmeb7vnlgrrcw

This does not mean the 3DS can play ROMS, so don't ask. -Twin

OMG !! NO NO NO NO NOOOOOO !! Hack for 3DS games NO !!!!

tmactx

Trophies
XP
Country
*This is not by me, just from the people from *snip*

On the oh-so-quite 3DS scene, neimod the hacker brings some good news! In the IRC for 3DS hacking, neimod posted that he has successfully dumped and decrypted the 3DS firmware!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by
[18:37
TODO list:
[18:38] exciting!
[18:38] 1. decrypt firmware
[18:38] 2. pwn arm9
[18:38] 3. ???
[18:38] 4. profit!
[18:38] scratch 1 from TODO list ;-)

He also posted a pastie of the hash checks http://pastie.org/pr...wtlmeb7vnlgrrcw

This does not mean the 3DS can play ROMS, so don't ask. -Twin

OMG !! NO NO NO NO NOOOOOO !! Hack for 3DS games NO !!!!

YES!! YES YES YES YEEEEEEEES!! Hack for 3DS games YES !!!!

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
(Homebrew) + (emulators) - (current gen pirating)

That is what I prefer.
If you prefer things that way then just don't download any free games while it will be possible and don't pirate. Be thankfull that you have money for the games because not everyone was born in the USA where games are relatively cheap...

And gaming is a luxury. It is a want, not a need. Developers have to make money to keep making games, and it is this current generation where their income mostly comes from. Piracy doesn't encourage developers to make more games, you know, especially since more piraters emerge each year. It isn't just because of financial issues either, though many claim it to be. Lazy bums of the world, even in the US, want (and somehow expect) free stuff for their sole benefit without even thinking how it will affect the source that it comes from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz