(3DS) Error code 009-2920 when trying to downloads anything

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by LaPingas, Oct 9, 2018.

1. LaPingas
    OP

LaPingas let's go mangoooooo

Nov 2, 2016
    Israel
    Armada's Mustache
    So I have an o3DS XL with B9S on 11.8. I'm trying to download an update for Kirby Battle Royale and Super Mario Maker, when updating Kirby it just shows a fake "Update successful" sort-of-thing and afterwards still gives an update message, and when updating Mario it gives error code 009-2920. Same error occurs when I'm trying to download a theme from the theme shop.
    I'm not banned from playing online or entering the eShop, and I could install an update for a different game (which I don't remember).

I tried to look it up but found nothing useful.

Has anybody encountered this issue/knows what the error code means?
    Thanks in advance

2. PewnyPL

PewnyPL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    Are those games legit? Nintendo changed it in 11.8 that to download ANYTHING the console needs to send in the ticket for it, updates included.

3. LaPingas
    OP

Nov 2, 2016
    Israel
    Armada's Mustache
    they were downloaded from freeshop back in 11.6, so rip I guess lol
    although I could download an update for a different non-legit game and when trying to download Kirby Battle Royale's update it just shows a fake success pop-up so idk what's up with that

4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
  5. LaPingas
    OP

Nov 2, 2016
    Israel
    Armada's Mustache
  6. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    * Fixed the 2nd link in my previous post.

Your actual Nintendo eShop bought games aren't the ones with the fake tickets. It's their accompanying external updates with Title IDs of 0004000E########. You'll have to Delete Title And Ticket, and any Pending Titles in FBI for stuck downloads. After that, retry downloading the updates.

The Real Jdbye likes this.