Hacking 3DS emulation on tablets is my dream.

bandersnatch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but for full effect a tablet with front and back cameras and motion sensing and gyroscope.

i'm also expecting tablets with 3D eventually, so theres that.

opinions?

D

Deleted_171835

There's been an increase in the number of pointless threads in the 3DS sections.
This should have been a blog article.
rolleyes.gif

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
bandersnatch said:

Eventually? You'll be lucky if the iPad 4 comes with that. Touch screens and 3D screens do not go well, Nintendo said. It'll take more than a few years to get around that, I think, and we'll have already moved onto transparent glass tablets by then.
smileipb2.png

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose your one of those people that doesn't own a DS because you can play it on no$ at half the framerate with terrible controls?...Or one of the ones that so desperately want a Wii emulator on the ps3

Honestly whats the point? If a device can emulate the 3ds....its probably capable of producing far better games anyway...

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fear Zoa said:
I suppose your one of those people that doesn't own a DS because you can play it on no$ at half the framerate with terrible controls?...Or one of the ones that so desperately want a Wii emulator on the ps3

Honestly whats the point? If a device can emulate the 3ds....its probably capable of producing far better games anyway...
Better in what aspect?

Xbox can emulate NES, but I find Contra to be far more enjoyable than Halo.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Fear Zoa said:

Better in what aspect?

Xbox can emulate NES, but I find Contra to be far more enjoyable than Halo.
I mean its possible.....Nobody ever seems to do it though
Besides...its so much easier to buy the console.....like when people ask what computer is best to run a ps2 emulator....It would be so much simpler to just get a ps2...probably cheaper too

But I'm just ranting here....I guess I'm just tired of everyone wanting everything to emulate ever console ever created
glare.gif

Edit: never answered your question...I meant say...if someone wanted to recreate the contra experience on xbox....they could potentially pull it off much better

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fear Zoa said:
Well at least the Wii on PS3 makes sense, what with the Move. Still a dumb idea though.
tongue.gif

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Wintrale said:
bandersnatch said:

Eventually? You'll be lucky if the iPad 4 comes with that. Touch screens and 3D screens do not go well, Nintendo said. It'll take more than a few years to get around that, I think, and we'll have already moved onto transparent glass tablets by then.
smileipb2.png
You realise apple aren't the only folk what has tablets, right?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Wintrale said:
Touch screens and 3D screens do not go well, Nintendo said.
Nintendo says a lot of things, and you should take their words with a grain (or pound) of salt. There is no technical reason that would prevent a 3D touch screen. You should just avoid having people touch the screen while a 3D effect is being displayed, because a finger on the screen does to the 3D picture what sticking a Q-tip in your ear does to stereo sound.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Veho said:
Wintrale said:
Nintendo says a lot of things, and you should take their words with a grain (or pound) of salt. There is no technical reason that would prevent a 3D touch screen. You should just avoid having people touch the screen while a 3D effect is being displayed, because a finger on the screen does to the 3D picture what sticking a Q-tip in your ear does to stereo sound.

While there is no technical reason they still don't go to well together, imagine trying to touch an object that's inside the screen but theres something in the way preventing you, just like a window.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eerpow said:
Veho said:
Wintrale said:

While there is no technical reason they still don't go to well together, imagine trying to touch an object that's inside the screen but theres something in the way preventing you, just like a window.
If it was optimized for touch screen then they wouldn't obstruct things you are supposed to press.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Eerpow said:
Veho said:
You should just avoid having people touch the screen while a 3D effect is being displayed And the way to do that is to never have a "touchable" 3D scene, i.e. never make the user touch the screen while it's displaying 3D. People might still try to touch a 3D object "inside" the screen, but that sort of people would also try to touch the little humans inside their TV.

I probably should have quoted his entire post, for context:
Wintrale said:
QUOTE(bandersnatch @ Jan 21 2011, 12:31 AM)
Eventually? You'll be lucky if the iPad 4 comes with that. Touch screens and 3D screens do not go well, Nintendo said. It'll take more than a few years to get around that

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeadLocked said:
Eerpow said:
Veho said:
Wintrale said:

If it was optimized for touch screen then they wouldn't obstruct things you are supposed to press.
yyeah but it would still give the illusion that you would have to find a way around it. say if they combined that with the camera for example, and lets just say for arguments sake there's a window in your way, like Eerpow said, and you have to make some sort of motion to remove it from your path in order to touch the object. It's a perfect Layton scenario. And it optimizes more than just the 3D and Touch Screen effects. Plus, it makes sense! (at least from my perspective anyway...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm curious.... Is PCSX2 compatible with normal web cams emulating the EyeToy....