Gaming 3DS DSiWare Transfer Damaged My DSi?!

OmarGudnyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downloaded it successfully... perhaps it is poor internet connectivity causing the issue... from what I've read, not finishing the download is kind of like not finishing an update... Maybe there are some things going on behind the scenes in the download that causes it to update stuffs on the nand preparing the DSi for transfer or something..?

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Spent hours last night painfully transferring nearly 40 apps from a standard DSi to the 3ds, some failed and restarted, and all the others went fine...

I don’t think it is actually transferring anything from one device to the other, as one of mine failed and the other one carried on.

It looks like the source device talks to the Nintendo server which then talks to the target device. the app/game is then pushed to the target device from Nintendo’s server (that’s why no saves go with it, and why some can’t be transferred) the source device already has the app deactivated and deleted from it at that point it just shows a screen looking like its talking to the target device.

Once the target device has received the app/game both devices are set to continue.

I had one fail and the source device stayed like it was transferring. I turned of the source and restarted the target and was asked if I wanted to continue, which it did, with the source device off. When I put the source back on, disconnected from the network the game was gone and you couldnt copy it back from the SD card as the cert was removed from the source device.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Removing the battery doesnt help!!!
It only reset's the date and the clock
No it does'nt erase anything from the memory (like photos sounds and games)
But you don't lose nothing in trying??
unsure.gif

Smogen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the transfer tool the first night and was able to transfer over cave story no problem. Hope everything works out for the few that got the error
frown.gif

edit: just wanted to mention that I was using the DSi XL Mario 25th anniversary edition.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
mercluke said:
well australian users are having problems too (though not as bad as a brick)
when we download it it doesn't show in sysmenu and cannot be deleted (even with a system format) as well as "important news" in the dsi shop showing nothing
I rung them yesterday. They've fixed the app since then. Ive downloaded it again and transferred the DSiWare just fine.
Waitwait, you called them?

sunsetdk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was messing round with the shop too, saw this transfer tool, and wanted to read more about it. It then starts to download. So I just power off the DSI XL. I'm now stuck with the same error message. I did not say anything about not to power off while transferring.

Can the console be recovered from this? Or will it have to be send in to Nintendo?

Schnida

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
sunsetdk said:
I was messing round with the shop too, saw this transfer tool, and wanted to read more about it. It then starts to download. So I just power off the DSI XL. I'm now stuck with the same error message. I did not say anything about not to power off while transferring.

Can the console be recovered from this? Or will it have to be send in to Nintendo?
C'mon, that was just stupid. Who turns it off while updating?

I loaded the Transfering Tool at the 7th of June, and I didn't habe Problems on my EU DSi XL. The transfers were succesful but very slow.

@sunsetdk: Call Nintendo...

sunsetdk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it wasn't a update. just an extra app. that was why I turned it off. ANd they really should say not to turn off.

I'll give Nintendo a ring and see what they want to change me for the plesure.

OmarGudnyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty much what I've said... The download acts like some sort of update or something... unlike a failed app download, if this particular app fails at any point you get a brick...
All I can say is that when you download this you should be damn sure to make sure you're next to your router and have a stable internet connection going... oh and keep the power cable plugged in...

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sunsetdk said:
Well it wasn't a update. just an extra app. that was why I turned it off. ANd they really should say not to turn off.
For once they probably thought people were clever enough to keep the power on.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
sounds like Nintendo isn't transparent on how this thing works... maybe this app hides a firmware update of sorts, which would explain the bricking if download fails (because while it's telling you it's downloading, it might already be in the process of updating something in your firmware).

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i'm waiting to hear what some of you have to say after calling nintendo. i want to know if nintendo is going to admit they have a problem and if they are going to fix the problem. i've known a few people who sent off dsi xls for repair and got back a completely different unit with the dsi-ware gone. apparently this is not an uncommon thing, nintendo swapping for referb systems. it sickens me and makes me all the more leery about trying this transfer app.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's not funny