ROM Hack 3DS .CWAV Dumper

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah i gave up it just kept crashing right at the end for me too, which is annoying because you have to wait like 30 mins to find out if its even going work, i just gave up :rofl:

its annoying that you dont even get anything at all if it crashes right at the end....not even a partial dump

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
IF YOU DOWNLOADED 0.4, BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD 0.4A BELOW.

Thought I'd mention that 3DS Audio Ripper 0.4a is out. It contains a few things, one, a bugfix in reading SSEQ files, secondly, support for extraction of .CSEQ (CTR Sequence) files, and I also added one other thing. When ripping, for any filetypes that you rip, they will be saved to their own folder (All CSEQ files are in a folder called "cseq", etc etc), as well as a few other formats have their endianness fixed (0.4a).

You can download it here: http://bit.ly/1mtm3wQ

I'll be pushing the changes to Github shortly as well if you want to take a peek at the latest source.

Edit: changes pushed for 0.4 but not 0.4a.

Edit: 0.4a changes pushed.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think at this point a dumper that could be activated while being in game would be the most effective because it seems that some data is being deleted in the process of entering to System Settings.

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think at this point a dumper that could be activated while being in game would be the most effective because it seems that some data is being deleted in the process of entering to System Settings.

That doesn't matter. Can you give me the raw dump?

PedroDJavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Well. 0.4 is here. 0.3 was so buggy. (select ram dump, press dump and said 1 archive dumped, press again 2 archive dumped, 3 archive dumped.. etc.

I can´t obtain anything from dumps, rayman or kid icarus.

soneek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well. 0.4 is here. 0.3 was so buggy. (select ram dump, press dump and said 1 archive dumped, press again 2 archive dumped, 3 archive dumped.. etc.

I can´t obtain anything from dumps, rayman or kid icarus.

I don't think Ubisoft ever uses Nintendo's sound formats (cwav, bcstm, cseq), so the dumper might not work for Rayman. Would you mind sending me your dump for Kid Icarus? I'll can check to see if there's any type of other sound format in there.

PedroDJavier

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think Ubisoft ever uses Nintendo's sound formats (cwav, bcstm, cseq), so the dumper might not work for Rayman. Would you mind sending me your dump for Kid Icarus? I'll can check to see if there's any type of other sound format in there.

Ok. wait a little bit.

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly does one need to assist with the dumping? I'd rather like to get my hands on some FE:A assets and am willing to help the greater cause on the way.

Reactions: Celice

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a 3ds on 4.1-4.5 firmware, a gamecard to try and dump from, a roploader, an sdhc card, kane49's ram dumper, and the cwav dumper...and a good amount of luck. I'm also in the same bind that I can't get dumping working correctly after running a game (though it works fine on a fresh reboot)

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could someone make some more dumps from mk7? That would help me a lot with my cgfx viewer.
I got piranha plant pipeway already, and I would like to have shyguy bazar and daisy hills.

Reactions: Celice

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly does one need to assist with the dumping? I'd rather like to get my hands on some FE:A assets and am willing to help the greater cause on the way.
I mentioned this to the head of Serenes Forest, but it looks like no member there is interested or capable of helping. I'd like to see some Awakening assets fished out of this too :)

atenzor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this might sound noob, but why does it have to be from a RAM dump? Will there ever be a version of that software where one can simply load a .3ds file or similar and get those files from there? just asking and thanks a lot! :)

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Sorry if this might sound noob, but why does it have to be from a RAM dump? Will there ever be a version of that software where one can simply load a .3ds file or similar and get those files from there? just asking and thanks a lot! :)

It's because 3DS roms aren't decrypted yet, so anything in there can't be read yet. However, once they are decrypted, this program will support them, however, you'll need a computer with a decent amount of ram.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol