• Likes 104

flamolino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I usually used the first time
But when I went to use a second time, he stopped working and always appears this screen
I do not know how to fix

s32s204.jpg

error text in EN:
3ds controller - entry point not found

Could not find the __gxx_personality_v0 procedure entry point in the dynamic link library
C: \ Users \ RAFA \ Desktop \ 3dsController \ PC \ 3dsController.exe

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is very cool, I already use it as a controller for speedrunning Metroid Zero Mission. Before my keyboard could only register 2 keys at once, with this I can press more. Thank you so much CTurt!

@CTurt

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am extremely interested in this. Sadly like superspence I haven't been able to get this to work

My 3ds settings:
  • Connected to the same network
  • 3DSController.ini placed on the root of my SD card containing 192.168.1.20 (my static internal IP address)
  • The cia and .3ds file of controller
My PC settings:
  • Running 3dscontroller.exe as admin
  • Allowed to it through the firewall
  • Installed vjoy
  • Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
3ds successfully gets to black screen

I recommend starting 3DSController on your 3DS before running the .exe. It doesn't work unless I do that.

Last edited by Boured,

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Does that work with android? Will it ever work. It would be cool to use the 3ds as an input method for some retro emulators on android.

sadamiono

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use this, and so far MOST things are working well. However, the "A" button on my 3DSXL won't get recognized by VJoy for whatever reason. It works when mapped to a keyboard, but no matter what VJoy button I map it to, it does not respond. Any suggestions? I'm trying to use it on CEMU, and everything else is working fine for the most part.

Biovirulent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I just tried the .cia with my new3ds, but the circle pad nor the c-stick work. The ZR and ZL don't work either. Help?
Edit: Read the readme and ended up really confused. vjoy isn't reading the 3ds, so I don't quite understand this...
Edit 2: Uninstalled that version of vjoy and used the recommended one in the readme.
It got caught up in the install and now it doesn't seem to work at all..
This... isn't worth it.

Last edited by Biovirulent,

Akawashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
3DS Controller is a 3DS homebrew application which allows you to use your 3DS as a wireless controller for Windows.

As of version 0.6 it supports:

- All of the standard buttons on the 3DS,
- The additional shoulder buttons of the New 3DS,
- The circle pad, New 3DS control stick, and touch screen can be used to move the mouse or control a joystick,
- Using the touch screen as a keyboard (press L, R, and X to toggle),
- Custom key bindings by editing the PC's 3DSController.ini (buttons can be mapped to either keyboard keys or joypad buttons),
- Custom port - make sure the port in PC's 3DSController.ini and 3DS's 3DSController.ini match,
- Controllable throttling amount,

To do:

- Support for the circle pad pro,
- Screen streaming from PC to 3DS,

Download here (source code also available).

Instructions of how to use this are included in the README file.

Videos:

TO ANYBODY WHO IS GETTING THE ERROR "MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer"
AND ANYONE GETTING "Could Not Start Application Correctly (0xc000007b)"
  • There is MANY reasons for this Error, But, the answer is acctually that this app won't run on a x64 bit system with out the x32 version of msvcr120.dll (you may be on a x64 OS and you may have the x64 version of msvcr120.dll in your system folder... but you need the x32 version of msvcr120.dll IN THE SAME FOLDER as "3DSController.exe" in order for it to work... Yes, you NEED the x32 version, regardless of what system you are using.You can get BOTH versions of msvcr120.dll for free Here: https://www.dll-files.com/msvcr120.dll.html Just go to the bottom of the page and download the x32 version, and extract it to the "PC" folder (Where 3dscontroller.exe is) and Also paste it in c:\Windows\System32 (only if your on a x32 OS, if your on a x64, get the x64 version and but that in system32 folder instead.)

Now, run 3scontroller.exe it now works. Enjoy RetroArch ;)
    I Hope This Helps everyone with this issue.

Last edited by Akawashi,

windwalker14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have done everything correctly, have matching IP's have matching ports, put the 3dscontroller init into the root of my sd card (and a bunch of other places too) and I;m still getting the error for it not being able to read the .ini. I don;t know what to do anymore.

Akawashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I have done everything correctly, have matching IP's have matching ports, put the 3dscontroller init into the root of my sd card (and a bunch of other places too) and I;m still getting the error for it not being able to read the .ini. I don;t know what to do anymore.
Make sure your not accidentally saving it as 3dscontroller.ini.txt ... if you have file extensions hidden in your OS, you may of saved it as "3dscontroller.ini" (resulting in notepad adding a".txt" that you don't see. Try right clicking the file, choose properties and rename it (delete the ".ini") it is now 3dscontroller.txt. open it in notepad and save it as "3dscontroller.ini" make sure the bar beneath it says "All Files..." not ".txt" .
Hope it helps.. if not, look at my above post.

windwalker14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure your not accidentally saving it as 3dscontroller.ini.txt ... if you have file extensions hidden in your OS, you may of saved it as "3dscontroller.ini" (resulting in notepad adding a".txt" that you don't see. Try right clicking the file, choose properties and rename it (delete the ".ini") it is now 3dscontroller.txt. open it in notepad and save it as "3dscontroller.ini" make sure the bar beneath it says "All Files..." not ".txt" .
Hope it helps.. if not, look at my above post.
ugh...silly me, it saved it as 3dscontroller.ini.ini. Its fixed now and is working great! played some lethal league with it.

D

Deleted User

sorry for bumping an old thread. I cant use my C pad on n3ds as a second joystick and zl/zr buttons dont work either... pls help! also is there better tool for that purpose?

rayman13579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello,
the option JOYSTICK2 in the .ini file doesn't work for me,
can I use the 3ds like a xbox Controller or how can I play steam games with it?
Thanks

ThatBenderGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so the ini file said that CLICK is a key that can be used. I assigned CLICK to the TAP key but whenever I tap my bottom screen my computer doesn't left click. Everything else works fine just not tapping. Is it because touch is bound to mouse?

my ini file

Code:
Port: 8889
Throttle: 20
Circle Pad: JOYSTICK1
C Stick: NONE
Touch: MOUSE
Mouse Speed: 5

A: A
B: B
X: X
Y: Y
L: L
R: R
ZL: NONE
ZR: NONE
Left: LEFT
Right: RIGHT
Up: UP
Down: DOWN
Start: ENTER
Select: BACKSPACE
Tap: CLICK

I tried changing it to a keyboard button and even that doesn't work so is that TAP option broken?

Last edited by ThatBenderGuy,
D

Deleted User

Hello,
the option JOYSTICK2 in the .ini file doesn't work for me,
can I use the 3ds like a xbox Controller or how can I play steam games with it?
Thanks
Actually the joystick2 works, but the c stick doesnt. Try assigning joystick2 to touch screen. Works somehow

rayman13579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Actually the joystick2 works, but the c stick doesnt. Try assigning joystick2 to touch screen. Works somehow

But if I assign JOYSTICK1 to the C-Stick it works fine, then JOYSTICK2 doesn't work for the Normal (Left) Stick

Update:
Assigning JOYSTICK2 to Touch doesn't work either, but JOYSTICK1 works for Touch

Last edited by rayman13579,

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
3DS Controller is a 3DS homebrew application which allows you to use your 3DS as a wireless controller for Windows.

As of version 0.6 it supports:

- All of the standard buttons on the 3DS,
- The additional shoulder buttons of the New 3DS,
- The circle pad, New 3DS control stick, and touch screen can be used to move the mouse or control a joystick,
- Using the touch screen as a keyboard (press L, R, and X to toggle),
- Custom key bindings by editing the PC's 3DSController.ini (buttons can be mapped to either keyboard keys or joypad buttons),
- Custom port - make sure the port in PC's 3DSController.ini and 3DS's 3DSController.ini match,
- Controllable throttling amount,

To do:

- Support for the circle pad pro,
- Screen streaming from PC to 3DS,

Download here (source code also available).

Instructions of how to use this are included in the README file.

Videos:

I imagine this could be a perfect tool like nvidia moonlight on vita but kind of better.
Stream cemu right into 3ds. Also as the button layout is almost 1:1 it does indeed look awesome.

Gardevoir7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be a dumb question but is there a good way to get this to play Minecraft on PC? I'd like to use this because I'm on a laptop and the controls for it are just plain awful and I don't want to buy a $50 controller. When I tried playing Minecraft with my N3DS it didn't even recognize the Circle Pad or C-Stick. Am I doing something wrong?

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Why are you guys making things that don't make any sense? Who wants to use a controller on 3ds? Why not make 11.0 downgrade exploit?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head