• Views 412,376
  • Replies 1,197
  • Likes 104

Oceanstuck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever i boot up 3DSController it says: Could not read 3DSController.ini Start and Select to exit

You need to edit the ip in the file to be your computer's local ip, as well as have the file at the root of our sd card.

Anyways, I'm a noob and I don't know how to make things recognize the circle pad. I have vjoy installed (2.04, running windows 8) but it isn't doing anything and I can't figure out how to make it do things. Please explain?

CTurt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have updated the first post with the version that shouldn't give DLL errors, and I've linked to the latest vjoy libraries so that it works on Windows 10.

Reactions: Deleted User

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source code is a mess because I knew almost nothing about networking when I started. That's why I've been so reluctant to doing any more work on it; well, that, and the fact that I've got a more exciting project now.
Well, I'm about to go to sleep for a few hours then I'm going to go work. I'll eventually take a look at it, I wouldn't mind using my 3DS as a controller for my laptop for when I'm out and about, and it's running Linux Mint. I can't make any promises, especially if I'm going to have a mess to try to port.

Sr. G

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You need to edit the ip in the file to be your computer's local ip, as well as have the file at the root of our sd card.

Anyways, I'm a noob and I don't know how to make things recognize the circle pad. I have vjoy installed (2.04, running windows 8) but it isn't doing anything and I can't figure out how to make it do things. Please explain?

you can make it work by doing this:
(With vJoy 2.0.5)

trancepara said:
I got it working in 2.0.5!

1.) Download the vjoy SDK: http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/si...egorised/11-redirect-vjoy2sdk?task=weblink.go

2.) In the archive, there is a lib folder. Take the vJoyInterface.dll inside that folder and replace the one bundled with 3DS Controller.

It should work. To test it, get 3DS Controller contected. Then type "Control Panel" in Cortana. Search for "USB" and then click on "Setup USB game controller" and then properties. The X/Y axis should know respond. :) Have fun!

-work for me, good luck c:

Last edited by Sr. G,

CebolaBros64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1.Missing .DLL
2.Downloaded .DLLs
3.Then this happened:

(The app can't be initialized correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the app.)
Am i doing something wrong? :(

nooby89

A normal member with a stupid alias
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
check than port in both is the same, check too than the 3DS and PC are connected to the same network and finally, execute the 3DS controller.exe as admin or run the Compatibility troubleshooter
What is the "port" ???

The_Meistro

GBATemp's "Official" Hank Hill
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I get a black screen on ds but on windows i get this erorr: This application has failed to start because MSVCR120.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

D

Deleted User

I get a black screen on ds but on windows i get this erorr: This application has failed to start because MSVCR120.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem
It's supposed to be black screen on the ds, and if you read at his first post he links to a dll error fix.

Sr. G

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

in google, search for the .dll if you have a 64bits system copy and paste the .dll in System32 and syswow64 (in Windows Folder)

What is the "port" ???

in the 3DSController.ini file

Execute 3DSController.exe and look for the IP and Port, later in the 3DSController.ini change the IP and Port for the same you have in 3DSController.exe

The_Meistro

GBATemp's "Official" Hank Hill
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
in google, search for the .dll if you have a 64bits system copy and paste the .dll in System32 and syswow64 (in Windows Folder)

in the 3DSController.ini file

Execute 3DSController.exe and look for the IP and Port, later in the 3DSController.ini change the IP and Port for the same you have in 3DSController.exe
It wont let me extract the file to the windows folder

Sr. G

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
It wont let me extract the file to the windows folder

extract it in the desktop and then, copy and paste in the folders (This is not going to work if your windows user is not a administrator)
if all this doesn't work, then i don't know what to do x'D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1