3DS cheats for virtual console

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Virdoo, May 7, 2016.

1. Virdoo
    OP

Virdoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Hi,

Recently I have played Pokemon Crystal on my old 3DS xl, accidentally I have killed Suicune and what I have read is that you can't find another Suicune anymore and without him, it's not possible to obtain Ho-oh which is kinda important part of the story line, at least for me. So I have decided to cheat to get new Suicune.

Is there maybe some way to use gameshark codes on 3DS? Or any other way to use cheats? I just want another Suicune on my Pokemon Crystal.

2. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips a seldom-used crab named Lucky

Mar 10, 2015
    United States
    If you have a way to extract saves, you could play crystal with the save on a computer and cheat with an emulator, then save it and re inject the save back into the 3ds. I do not think there's a way to directly cheat with the 3ds VC itself.

Last edited by CitizenSnips, May 7, 2016
  3. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    I have tried it over save manager and managed to get suicune on PC, but couldn't inject save back to 3DS

4. CitizenSnips

Mar 10, 2015
    United States
    What save manager are you using exactly?

5. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    I'm not sure exactly, but I believe title of exploit says just save manager. Nothing else

6. CitizenSnips

Mar 10, 2015
    United States
    Ok, the save should be called sav.dat, and then you should be able to inject the save back into the virtual console. I'll try editing my save now to see if it works for me and i'll tell you if it works this way or not.

7. Ace001

Ace001 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2013
    United States
    I wonder if there's a way to extract snes vc saves and mess with them through pc emulator.

(There's always like 2-3 files .sev .cfg and some other when I back up the save)

8. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Yea, I've got sav.dat file and it worked on PC but I couldn't inject it back to console

9. CitizenSnips

Mar 10, 2015
    United States
    So are you getting an error when you inject or are the effects just not taking place when you inject?

10. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    I don't get any kind of error, I guess exploit just crashes while trying to inject.

11. CitizenSnips

Mar 10, 2015
    United States
    also make sure you aren't trying to copy a save state. That could be a problem

12. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    i'm just copying original sav.dat file

13. CitizenSnips

Mar 10, 2015
    United States
    Hmm... i tried injecting mine but it says it is corrupt, weird. I'll try some different save managers and see if it does it again
    EDIT same result, i'm going to try again with a new save, this method should work idk why it isn't

Last edited by CitizenSnips, May 7, 2016
  14. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Tried few more things, but still failed. Anyone got some idea how to get Suicune back? Makes no sense to continue to play it because main part is kinda gone.

15. Rick Astley

Rick Astley The real one !

Apr 1, 2015
    OMG i've failed
    sorry T_T

Last edited by Rick Astley, May 7, 2016