Hacking 3ds CFW icons gone

CrimsonGaia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Long story short, I have cfw and when I opened my 3ds yesterday all my cfw related icons, including Homebrew, FBI, Luma, and all the games barring 4 swords anniversary edition were gone. Even games I had got legitimately had dissapeared. The 3ds was in sleep mode when this happened. My custom themes still work normally though, all the files are still there, and when I check the system settings data management, its all still there. Since fbi is gone I cant just run things manually either. I know I could always just format the sd and reinstall, but I have a ton of save data id prefer not to lose; so any help would be much appreciated. my 3ds is a New 3ds XL in case that helps

Edit: When I launch eshop it simply states an error has occurred, and when I open the theme shop and go into theme collection to re download my purchased themes it says "could not access sd card", even though its clearly being read

Last edited by CrimsonGaia,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like your CFW is no longer running. Which CFW did you have? What entrypoint were you using? (Menuhax, A9LH, B9S, ?)

If you were using Luma, try holding the SELECT button while turning on your 3DS. Do you reach the config menu?

CrimsonGaia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It sounds like your CFW is no longer running. Which CFW did you have? What entrypoint were you using? (Menuhax, A9LH, B9S, ?)

If you were using Luma, try holding the SELECT button while turning on your 3DS. Do you reach the config menu?
I used soundhax back in 11.3. I totally forgot about pressing select when booting up, ill see what I can do

CrimsonGaia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I press select and it brings me to the menu, at the top of the list it says 'autoboot sysnand', and an x is besise it. Does the x mean its selected or not? I have b9s btw

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its selected

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

get fbi (.3dsx) and copy it to the folder with your homebrews (3ds folder on sd)

download the tikdevil cia and install it with fbi. with that you can restore your tickets. (homebrew have to be installed again)

you can acces hbl with luma rosalina menu (in rosalina menu go to Miscellaneous options - Switch the hb. title to current app.) you should start DS Download Play and than the Luma Rosalina Menu

CrimsonGaia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its selected

get fbi (.3dsx) and copy it to the folder with your homebrews (3ds folder on sd)

download the tikdevil cia and install it with fbi. with that you can restore your tickets. (homebrew have to be installed again)

you can acces hbl with luma rosalina menu (in rosalina menu go to Miscellaneous options - Switch the hb. title to current app.) you should start DS Download Play and than the Luma Rosalina Menu
Thanks a lot, I dont have access to my pc rn, but ill try as soon as possible

CrimsonGaia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update.
I just tried to update a physical copy game, and when it tried it gave me a message saying "could not access sd card"
I dont understand since it clearly still recognizes it, Im still able tp play monster hunter even though save files are on sd, and as I mentioned before my themes still work

Im thinking I should just copy my data to my pc, format and then copy it back onto sd, any other suggestions?

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok then...wipe everything if you cant do anything. (backup your 3ds folder....[not Nintendo 3DS] to save your homebrew) and get latest luma. install luma on formatted sd and put your 3ds folder (where homebrew is)back. get FBI (both .3dsx and cia) put your .3dsx in 3ds folder. power on your 3ds. start download play open rosalina menu... Micellaneous options - Switch hb. title to current app ...quit rosalina menu exit dload play. start dload play again. you are on HB loader... install the fbi cia

Ghoul99

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I have the Same problem OP it happened to me while I was clearing some files to install Pokemon US,i went to the 3ds' settings deleted 2 games and one odd block that wasn't taking up storage in hindsight i think that was the problem but it said it was unable to delete it, i'm not sure exactly now what i should do

muffinman0908

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Same problem OP it happened to me while I was clearing some files to install Pokemon US,i went to the 3ds' settings deleted 2 games and one odd block that wasn't taking up storage in hindsight i think that was the problem but it said it was unable to delete it, i'm not sure exactly now what i should do
did you ever fix it ( sorry for replying on an old thread, this is the only one i can find with my problem)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm sleepy good night