Hardware 3DS Capture divce is out !

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd think about buying one, to those who are saying it's very expensive, these aren't made on a production line. They are all hand made and the price won't drop.

loopy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
these aren't made on a production line. They are all hand made and the price won't drop.
All the more reason for the "some day" attitude. someone ELSE has got to figure out how to make one with mass production for $20 (I can dream, right?)
They're not hand made. Still, that doesn't make them cheap. We're talking about a couple hundred, not millions of boards. Not a huge price break there.
And there's nothing to "figure out", someone else could come along and make these. It's just a niche market, no incentive to mass produce them.

Randamin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No 3DS on TV screen => lame :glare:
These capture devices during testing did have an HDMI out port but the image was not stable and kept scrolling down as if an old CRT with a broken H-hold. Wonder if the HDMI port was removed because it wasn't a problem they could fix before release or could it have been done to reduce production costs.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Well, I don't think the 3DS has high enough resolution in itself for them to actually NEED an HDMI port so I would venture it's the latter. I'd hate to know how much more the version WITH the HDMI port would have cost, though.

EDIT : Wait, except that you kinda need the HDMI plug for the whole 3D effect. (?) I'm gonna have to go back and look more closely and see exactly HOW this thing really connects.

aos10

Yuuki chan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
No 3DS on TV screen => lame :glare:
will...i think if you connect it to Toshiba laptop that has 3D display without glass ( forget the model..but its qusmio )
i think you can watch 3D on the large screen,same thing will happen if you connect the 3DS to 3D ready TV

loopy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These capture devices during testing did have an HDMI out port but the image was not stable and kept scrolling down as if an old CRT with a broken H-hold. Wonder if the HDMI port was removed because it wasn't a problem they could fix before release or could it have been done to reduce production costs.
Cost reduction. There wasn't much interest in the HDMI output. The rolling screen wasn't from any problem, I just hadn't completed development of the HDMI part of it.

flygon12345

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
Cost reduction. There wasn't much interest in the HDMI output. The rolling screen wasn't from any problem, I just hadn't completed development of the HDMI part of it.
lol if this guy gives it for 10$s i will buy it or else loopy i am buying your capture card

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
500$? guess i will be saving up to get this.

i want this. this is EXACTLY what i have been wanting. this will help loads with recording glitches.

PrincessPeach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland

Sad, I would really like to have a HDMI one. Would be great for competition purposes!

Also about the HDMI output, how's the lag / delay? Output resolution?

read some rumors about 3D output? That even possible? I'm asking because, of what I've seen, the 3DS Capture Device grabs the signal feed between chip and screen. Does the screen any processing?

EDIT: Never mind, found the thread over at SDA. Thanks for all your work!

loopy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was the original plan, to have 3DTV output. But people want it for recording youtube videos instead, apparently.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying