My 3ds camera isn't working it only shows a black screen

0f9e96aaa5c14b6bbfe5b159d34a22d4.jpg

RysanOtaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you put a case on it? The case may be obstructing the lens.
It also appears that you are in a dark room, the 3DS camera needs plenty of background light in order to capture images.
I tried calibrating the camera and it works
But it doesn't work on the actual 3ds camera and any game that needs the camera :(

Reactions: nvmlamma

AKA-Link77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What can i do to fix it?

Don't take my word for it... I was just making an educated guess. Maybe you should send it to Nintendo. Not sure if you should proceed yourself because you didnt even know what a ribbon cable was... But if you insist on continuing; you need to take apart the console. Then I suggest taking the ribbon cable off then putting it back in to the receptor. That's pretty much all you can do for now. Just make sure that the cable is in the receptor correctly; (all the way in, not crooked, and make sure it's clamped down)

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
If you aren"t in a dark room or blocking the camera it should be a problem with the camera, if yes you need to replace it, sending it to Nintendo to repair or a particular.
Also it happens to the inner camera too?

RysanOtaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you aren"t in a dark room or blocking the camera it should be a problem with the camera, if yes you need to replace it, sending it to Nintendo to repair or a particular.
Also it happens to the inner camera too?
Yes it happens with the inner camera too :(

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Then you need to replace the cameras and repair any other problem that cuase it in the conecction or theboard inn case there"s one, as said if you can"t do it by yourself you need to send it to Nintendo to repair or a particular that can repair that.

RysanOtaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Then you need to replace the cameras and repair any other problem that cuase it in the conecction or theboard inn case there"s one, as said if you can"t do it by yourself you need to send it to Nintendo to repair or a particular that can repair that.
But it got CFW and i got my 3ds region changed
Did the region changed somehow caused this problem
Cause the camera was working before :(

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Mmmm... it shouldn"t unless you corrupted some system title meanwhile the region change.
Can you try with a backup in your original region?

hiten

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi Can anyone help me
My 3ds camera isn't working it only shows a black screen

0f9e96aaa5c14b6bbfe5b159d34a22d4.jpg

Hi there,

Did you manage to solve this? I have the same problem with my camera, it's really strange.
I'm running Luma 6.6 on my Old 3DS XL btw.

::EDIT::
Strangely, the QR code function works just fine when I try to access it.

Last edited by hiten,

Markeyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to drag this back from years ago but I am currently having the exact same issue with a NEW 2DS XL Pokeball edition.

The outer camera just shows a black screen in the main app and in camera calibration, but shows the picture just fine using the QR code function.
Switching to the inner camera works and seems fine.

I have checked the ribbon cables and they are fine and have been reseated correctly.

Anyone got any other info. Reluctant to replace the camera itself as it seems odd that it looks fine, ribbon cable is perfect and the camera does work for QR codes.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to drag this back from years ago but I am currently having the exact same issue with a NEW 2DS XL Pokeball edition.

The outer camera just shows a black screen in the main app and in camera calibration, but shows the picture just fine using the QR code function.
Switching to the inner camera works and seems fine.

I have checked the ribbon cables and they are fine and have been reseated correctly.

Anyone got any other info. Reluctant to replace the camera itself as it seems odd that it looks fine, ribbon cable is perfect and the camera does work for QR codes.

There are two cameras for the rear. The n2DSXL, like the o2DS, will automatically shoot pictures in 3D mode for the rear cameras.
In QR scan mode, the left camera is used, and the right is disabled.

Did you own this n2DSXL for a while now before this black screen showed up?
Maybe your right rear camera shifted out of place, has a cracked lens, or damaged trace?

Edit - Also look for dust specks.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Markeyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are two cameras for the rear. The n2DSXL, like the o2DS, will automatically shoot pictures in 3D mode for the rear cameras.
In QR scan mode, the left camera is used, and the right is disabled.

Did you own this n2DSXL for a while now before this black screen showed up?
Maybe your right rear camera shifted out of place, has a cracked lens, or damaged trace?

Edit - Also look for dust specks.

Thanks for the info. I will take a close look at the one on the right.

I don't know the history of it. I buy DSs and repair them in my spare time as a hobby to make some extra beer money lol. This one came to me just saying the cursor constantly drifts to the right but that was easily solved with a new analogue stick. I found the camera fault whilst running my final tests before it went back to ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain