Hitsuagaya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I'm visiting GBATEMP'S 3ds forums and guess what BRICKS. BRICKS EVEERYWHERE. So since I can't find anything anyone want to tell me what happened since I left. The firmware i'm on is 3.0 on R4I Gold Deluxe.

Flopp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DO NOT USE 3.0 ON R4i!

Edit:
  1. GW created the launcher.
  2. Clone-Manufactures like R4i copy/paste the launcher but replace Gateway string to R4i/3dslink..
  3. Gateway got mad, enabled a check in 2.02(?).
  4. Cloners copy/paste, check failed and brick your 3ds.

dalc789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK gateway put the anti-clone code in 2.0b2. 2.0b1 (and whatever the equivilent r4i fw is) should be safe.

Hitsuagaya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
but one last question, where is the actual brick and how can I prevent it. like if I downgrade to 2.0 will the brick leave? like is the brick the launcher.dat? please help.

Lunai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateways brick code triggers after a certain date.
I wasn't affected so I don't know the doomsday date.

MorphaX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Listen use the latest firmware 3.3b To be safe 3 friends of mine got 3DS brick,Be careful of other firmware

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateways brick code triggers after a certain date.
I wasn't affected so I don't know the doomsday date.
That's not how it works, it's actually based on a random number generator where if you get certain conditions, you brick. That's why there haven't been hundreds of bricks over the past month that 2.0b2 has been out.

MorphaX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
but which firmware do I use why cant anyone tell me -_- ' also how to switch firmwares.. do I have to wipe my sd card too help -_-??

use the latest firmware is 3.3 go and download it but is not a emuNAND and you can't play some games have 6.x.x.xx update !!!

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What they are saying is apparantly r4i heard about the bricking and released 3.3b which is just 2.0 (basically making people think they fixed it or something). What happens is if you use the one based off of the latest Gateway firmware, your 3DS can get majorly bricked to where you can't even hardware flash it back. To downgrade just replace your launcher.dat with an older version. Ongoing discussion here:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-update-regarding-rumors.360585/

And this closed thread has more info:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/warning-gateway-team-bricks-card-on-purpose.360568/

EDIT: Wanted to add that just having the brickable launcher on your card is not going to cause an immediate brick... It happens randomly while using the launcher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E