Hacking 3ds and the r4i gold card

Scione

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a lot of research before buying this flash cart for my 3ds and it comes pre flashed with the update that happened right before 6.2 in august. The card is the r4i gold card 3ds. My question is - Will I be able to update this card (I have not updated my 3ds) to 6.2, then update my 3ds, and then be able to play ds games with no problem? I am currently worried about having to "cut the line" which i would really prefer not to do on my brand new 3ds XL.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can update. And cutting the line is no longer required. They shipped out newer cards that don't need it. But if yours does need the cut its actually very easy.

Scione

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can update. And cutting the line is no longer required. They shipped out newer cards that don't need it. But if yours does need the cut its actually very easy.

Thanks for the quick reply, ill go ahead and update the card and then the 3ds when i receive the flash cart and hopefully do not have to cut anything. I am just worried about doing anything within the hardware that might damage it.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome. Don't worry, I felt the same way and I was able to cut it without any problems. Its a very easy and straightforward process

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o