3DS 9.6.0-24 update

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Aurora Wright, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Aurora Wright
    OP

Aurora Wright GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 13, 2006
    Italy
    Changelog:
    Source: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/231

2. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    Working with emunand?

3. Drak0rex

Drak0rex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    eMUNAND IS BROKEN. sTAY AWAY!

SaagiBols likes this.
  4. Digital.One.Entity

Digital.One.Entity Banned

Banned
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    Right Here
    Tried launching Mario Golf on 9.5 EmuNAND and got the update nag....

5. -Sorun

-Sorun Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    You can still get the 9.5 through system update. Literally just got my gateway right now and installed 9.5 on my emunand and when I tried to access eshop it sent me to a update so I did and like above poster said it broke emunand. Just my luck to get a GW when a new update drops.

6. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
  7. Pink Gold Peach

Pink Gold Peach Random Person

Jan 30, 2015
    United States
    I am staying at 9.4.0-22U :D
    The new features look cool, but I am staying away from them.
    If anyone likes injecting Pokemon yellow in GBC Roms and all those exploits stay away from this update!!!!
    My work here is done. *Leaves forum page*

8. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    If people know not to update, why would people consider doing it, or why are they warned? I would think that it's pretty obvious lol.

9. shamzie

shamzie Oh David de Gea <3

Mar 19, 2014
    Manchester
    You shouldn't update your emunand until gateway-3ds.com says it's safe to do so. I thought that was common knowledge by now. I mean they probably will fix it but you never know, one day you might update and they can't fix compatibilty. Better safe than sorry, just wait until it's safe. Or back up your emunand :P

10. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    Blockong flashcards is always the best part of any update !

Pip'

11. VMM

VMM Hamon > Stand

GBAtemp Patron
    VMM is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 1, 2010
    Brazil
    This update is worthless for me, I don't intend to get Amibpos, I never change my home screen and I'm not planning to buy any theme, I just updated so I can download Bravely Default

12. davhuit

davhuit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 23, 2005
    France
    Even without updating, it's always a good idea to make a backup of your emunand (especially if you only use .cia games). Let's suppose the Micro-SD stop working, people would be stuck with an older emunand (not so bad for N3DS, as the base firmware for western release is 9.0, but might be very bad for old 3DS ones which might be stuck to 4.x).

I did two, personally, a backup after the system transfer to emunand on the 4 GB N3DS Micro-SD card (N3DS_4GB_Emunand_9-5-23-E_System_Transfert_Red_3DS.img) and another one once all my cia games were installed on a 32 GB Micro-SD Card (N3DS_32GB_Emunand_9-5-23-E_System_Transfert_Red_3DS_Emunand_Final_Version_VC_Games.img).

And I plan to do a backup every month, to also backup the savegames of the cia files.

That way, even if 9.6 wouldn't be supported before a long time and even if I had a problem with the Micro-SD Card, I would still have ways to get emunand 9.5 back.