Hardware 3DS 9.6.0-24 update

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Changelog:
*A Home Menu Layout setting has been added to HOME Menu Settings. Users can save and load up to 8 layouts of the HOME Menu with different theme and software icon arrangements
*Additional categories have been added to the Theme Shop under “View More” for easier navigation
*Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, and Nintendo 2DS Systems Only:
*amiibo Settings has been added to HOME Menu Settings. amiibo Settings allows users to register an amiibo owner and nickname, delete data written to an amiibo by supported software, or reset an amiibo*
*This feature will require a peripheral device scheduled to launch in 2015
Source: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/231

-Sorun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can still get the 9.5 through system update. Literally just got my gateway right now and installed 9.5 on my emunand and when I tried to access eshop it sent me to a update so I did and like above poster said it broke emunand. Just my luck to get a GW when a new update drops.

Pink Gold Peach

Random Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am staying at 9.4.0-22U :D
The new features look cool, but I am staying away from them.
If anyone likes injecting Pokemon yellow in GBC Roms and all those exploits stay away from this update!!!!
My work here is done. *Leaves forum page*

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You shouldn't update your emunand until gateway-3ds.com says it's safe to do so. I thought that was common knowledge by now. I mean they probably will fix it but you never know, one day you might update and they can't fix compatibilty. Better safe than sorry, just wait until it's safe. Or back up your emunand :P

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This update is worthless for me, I don't intend to get Amibpos, I never change my home screen and I'm not planning to buy any theme, I just updated so I can download Bravely Default

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You shouldn't update your emunand until gateway-3ds.com says it's safe to do so. I thought that was common knowledge by now. I mean they probably will fix it but you never know, one day you might update and they can't fix compatibilty. Better safe than sorry, just wait until it's safe. Or back up your emunand :P

Even without updating, it's always a good idea to make a backup of your emunand (especially if you only use .cia games). Let's suppose the Micro-SD stop working, people would be stuck with an older emunand (not so bad for N3DS, as the base firmware for western release is 9.0, but might be very bad for old 3DS ones which might be stuck to 4.x).

I did two, personally, a backup after the system transfer to emunand on the 4 GB N3DS Micro-SD card (N3DS_4GB_Emunand_9-5-23-E_System_Transfert_Red_3DS.img) and another one once all my cia games were installed on a 32 GB Micro-SD Card (N3DS_32GB_Emunand_9-5-23-E_System_Transfert_Red_3DS_Emunand_Final_Version_VC_Games.img).

And I plan to do a backup every month, to also backup the savegames of the cia files.

That way, even if 9.6 wouldn't be supported before a long time and even if I had a problem with the Micro-SD Card, I would still have ways to get emunand 9.5 back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ¡¡¡ tttoN
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ssssey ioBtneicnA@
    +1
    :angry: ¡¡¡¡¡ oooooooooooooooooooooooN
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ?draeh ton uoy evaH
    Gives you "The 🖕 BIRD" :tpi::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    :2lfor::2lfor::2lfor::ipt: "DRIB 🖕ehT" uoy seviG. *
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Atmosphere and Hekate both have been updated to support FW 18. Yay!
    Who to the who to the wut? And supports a Fort Worth 18yo?
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Who to the who to the wut? And supports a Fort Worth 18yo?