Hacking 3DS 9.4 Help :(

Evie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I accidentally upgraded my nintendo 3dsxl to 9.4 and I've already ordered a gateway 3DS. Will there be updates for 9.4 from gateway, or is there a way to downgrade my nintendo? What do I dooo?

I've spent $90 on this and dont want to have to buy another card.

Mechanical Angel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way to downgrade at the moment, and Gateway have said they don't have any plans for 9.4 support "any time soon".

Not much you can do for now except maybe sell your 3ds and buy a new one.

Reactions: Margen67

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Can't downgrade from 9.4 as of now. If you have a NAND backup of your older firmware then hard mod it and restore the old version. Otherwise, waiting for a very long time for gw support (which may never happen if they don't find a new exploit) or sky3ds are your only options, or buy a new console and sell this one

mrolive

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn, that is hard to hear

I have a question: If I decided to use SKY3DS on my Nn3ds xl and stayed on 9.2 I could still use Gateway correct?

Also, can I use SKY3DS on a downgraded 3ds/n3ds at any time?

Sky3ds works on all systems, and on all firmwares.

Reactions: Kelton2

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Yes, once the GW n3ds update comes out (the current update doesn't support it).

Sky3ds works on all systems, and on all firmwares.

Thanks guys, I'm currently thinking ill go for Gateway although I was wondering if there was a way to transfer saves as well depending on which card I used first?

Say I wanted to use Sky3ds then changed mind and got Gateway is it possible to transfer over save data?

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, I'm currently thinking ill go for Gateway although I was wondering if there was a way to transfer saves as well depending on which card I used first?

Say I wanted to use Sky3ds then changed mind and got Gateway is it possible to transfer over save data?

I haven't heard of people transferring saves from sky3DS to Gateway, *might* be possible using SaveDataFiler though, but the problem there is that emuNAND doesn't allow you to use retail carts and Classic Mode can't run SaveDataFiler. 4.5 CFW might be able to do that though, so idk. Depends on the games if you go the CFW+SDF route though, if it uses 6.x encryption it'll fail.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
I haven't heard of people transferring saves from sky3DS to Gateway, *might* be possible using SaveDataFiler though, but the problem there is that emuNAND doesn't allow you to use retail carts and Classic Mode can't run SaveDataFiler. 4.5 CFW might be able to do that though, so idk. Depends on the games if you go the CFW+SDF route though, if it uses 6.x encryption it'll fail.

Right...if only SKY3DS was guaranteed not to phase out I'd get it, only thing is Nintendo can patch it and its all gone, I heard they got region free support recently which is good though

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
It is easy for Nintendo to patch it, but if they do they do not need to find a new exploit, just update their cart emulation.

Right, if I ever decide not to use Gateway and fall back onto SKY3DS, isn't QQ3DS the exact same thing currently and slightly less reliable to buy?

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well I did the same mistake and I ended up deciding to buy a new 3DS while I can still get brand new <9.2 with a certainty.

All of a sudden I feel peace of mind.

D

Deleted-355425

Right, if I ever decide not to use Gateway and fall back onto SKY3DS, isn't QQ3DS the exact same thing currently and slightly less reliable to buy?

Sky3ds will work on what ever firmware but remember that you don't have emunand so once the games start to be released with a firmware higher then 9.2 if that's what you are on it will act like a normal game cart and ask you to upgrade your firmware to play it if the rom needs it to work.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Sky3ds will work on what ever firmware but remember that you don't have emunand so once the games start to be released with a firmware higher then 9.2 if that's what you are on it will act like a normal game cart and ask you to upgrade your firmware to play it if the rom needs it to work.

Right, that's the major downside I guess, which would mean if you needed to update to say 9.5 to play majoras mask 3ds you'd never be able to go back to gateway, unless you time travel to 2050 when they finally support 9.3+ :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr