Hacking 3DS 6.3 Exploit Found

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
False, sspwn can't enable piracy BY ITS OWN!!
With a flashcards it is possible...
Read the whole article and don't selectively read them...
Actually, you're the one who's misinterpreting the article's information. Additionally, it's "ssspwn", not "sspwn", though that's just arguing over semantics.

It is possible with a flashcard, if the developers of that flashcard find a DIFFERENT exploit, next to this one.
Exactly, as they will need one that allows for Kernel-mode execution.

The most that might come of this is allowing for a research window to open up in the current firmwares. It won't directly influence ROM loading in newer firmwares, it will only help the teams behind the carts to find new information about the Kernel revisions since 4.X, which might lead to a new exploit.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but they can if they want to find the karnel mode via this exploit?
Yes, if they can effectively find a Kernel-mode exploit through the access this exploit provides, then they can port their firmware to newer firmwares. That is, however, ASSUMING a new exploit even exists in the newer firmwares that allows for something like this to happen. There's no guarantee that there even is new Kernel-mode exploits available to be found in the current firmwares. Of course, considering Nintendo, there almost certainly is, but that's yet to be seen, so we can't say for sure yet. Either way, don't get your hopes up until a team actually shows considerable proof that they have, in fact, found a new exploit and are working on porting their code to it.

zannalabianca

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 3ds with firmware 5.0x more than nine months waiting for something like this ..
and is the only 3ds I have, imagine the effort that I did!
Maybe my expectations were rewarded! HAPPY WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Isn't that what assholes do for all game consoles when they first get released? The Wii was a perfect example of that. You could either wait for a few months, or spend $500+ dollars for a core console. At least here, people have a chance to snag one before that happens.

I despise those people.
Scumbag would be a word to friendly for them.

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS is on 2.1.0-4U (due to my DSTWO having a faulty chipset and not working with updates), looks like I'll have to get Pokemon X/Y to use this exploit. I'm hoping for an exploit that would allow me to ditch my DSTWO. I mainly play DS games. More and more I just use my DS with CycloDS on it.

loco365

Trophies
XP
My 3DS is on 2.1.0-4U (due to my DSTWO having a faulty chipset and not working with updates), looks like I'll have to get Pokemon X/Y to use this exploit. I'm hoping for an exploit that would allow me to ditch my DSTWO. I mainly play DS games. More and more I just use my DS with CycloDS on it.

I have an Acekard 2i myself. I don't have any 6.X capable flashcards.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats wrong with picking up a replacement DSTWO or get a R4i Gold that will work with even 7.1?
I have to admit tho, I prefer my AK2i over the R4i Gold, the build quality is really good compared to the r4i also.
so, my Gateway3DS compatible console is on firmware 4.3 (the last firmware that the AK2i works with). but if a kernel exploit comes out for 6.3, I will not hesitate to update.

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
If a kernel exploit comes along that allows me to play DS/GBC/GBA/SNES/3DS, I wouldn't hesitate either. What would be the point of using a Flashcart at that point? When MFW came out for the PS3, I tossed my dongle into a box and forgot it existed.

Reactions: Celice

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
If a kernel exploit comes along that allows me to play DS/GBC/GBA/SNES/3DS, I wouldn't hesitate either. What would be the point of using a Flashcart at that point? When MFW came out for the PS3, I tossed my dongle into a box and forgot it existed.

Well, with the Exploit Smea is now following, none of those will be possible. :rofl:

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be fantastic if they could find kernel access and let someone else take over getting a nice CFW out, but that other person is our problem. Who would that person be?

Well think about it this way. Gateway's developers have proven to be quite knowledgeable in this subject (Region-free, multirom, etc. - even after doubters said, "nope. Can't be done.") and I'm sure they know their way around a 3DS' console, dev-style (haha @ my wording). Also, they want their cart to do well; better than the clones. So I'm sure they'll be searching for:

A) ways to make gateway work as intended in the current exploit state on 7.x, etc.
and/or
B) work very hard to find such a kernel exploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.