Hacking 3DS 6.3 Exploit Found

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well. Snes is an emulator. Emulator plays roms. Roms aren't legal unless you own the physical game and even then its legality is questionable. So by the extension of "not wanting to contribute to piracy", emulators are a no no.

Even so, most people on here likely don't give two shits about the legalities. If the exploit won't allow emulators to be ports, someone else's will. Whether you like it or not, people will find a way to load emulators. 3DS ROM backups I couldn't care less about, it's just as well they won't work.

Hackers do what Nintendont.

Reactions: purpasmart96

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know the PSP's Daedalusx64 required kernel access. No idea about this though. You've also got to remember that such an emulator would need to be created in the first place, and isn't very likely to release anytime soon. I doubt the 3DS could run SNES very well, anyhow.

Deadlusx64 was a quite exotic emulator,
who would believe in N64 emulation on PSP.
I have no idea why it needed kernel access, but general emulators won't be needing it.
I think SNES emulation will be a lot like PSP one, maybe a bit better, and that for me is well enough.
What really makes me excited is GBA emulation.
Since 3DS and GBA both use ARM, there could be used virtualization on GBA,
making a great compatibility and outstanding performance.

Reactions: the_randomizer

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the more pressing matter is: Will emu devs even be interested in 3DS? Maybe not. PSP had loads of support and great Japanese emu devs working on it. Now they have smartphones and the exploits are limited and not very appealing so who knows..

Squarepusher (dev of retroarch) previously called the 3DS hardware garbage by today's standards. It's a cool system but as far as power, he's right. However (!), retroarch is currently developing a PSP port. When that is done, maybe he will look at the 3DS. Looks like a reasonable possibility.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the more pressing matter is: Will emu devs even be interested in 3DS? Maybe not. PSP has loads of support and great Japanese emu devs working on it. Now they have smartphones and the exploits are limited and not very appealing so who knows..

Squarepusher (dev of retroarch) previously called the 3DS hardware garbage by today's standards. It's a cool system but as far as power, he's right. However (!), retroarch is currently developing a PSP port. When that is done, maybe he will look at the 3DS. Looks like a reasonable possibility.

The hardware should be on par, if not slightly more powerful than the PSP, I could see RetroArch being ported :P

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who is we? follow the quotes to see what i am even talking about and then reply back.

Woah. Relax, kiddo. Being condescending won't help anyone in this situation. He was just asking a question. This and your last post need to be a bit more relax-toned. We're a little more laid-back, here at da'temp.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Woah. Relax, kiddo. Being condescending won't help anyone in this situation. He was just asking a question. This and your last post need to be a bit more relax-toned. We're a little more laid-back, here at da'temp.
i thought his reply was worse than mine... i wasn't trying to be harsh, but whatever

Reactions: NEP

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought his reply was worse than mine... i wasn't trying to be harsh, but whatever

I'd say it's more about who's replies are "bad" or "rude-esque" in the first place, rather than, "whose is worse between two bad posts".

If I murdered a dude, and you did, as well, but I killed him with a lethal injection, and you, killed yours via slicing his body and dumping him, still conscious, in a vat of lemon juice and salt, I'd still say we both did a pretty bad thing, and it wouldn't matter who did worse.

zannalabianca

Trophies
XP
Country
I wanted to aska question, if possible.
I have read all 16 pages of the topic, with peace of mind, but I was not able to answer my question, I'm interested in:
I wanted to know if, by this exploit, the team gateways, in future, be able to EDIT this'' exploit'' to make it work with your flashcards, or other hackers, if you agree, they will succeed?
be able to edit / run this exploit, IF THE HACKER UNDERTAKE TO ACHIEVE AND WORKING VERY?

zannalabianca

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry, I'm 'using google translator, because I'm Italian ...
I propose again the question: with this exploit in the future it will be possible for the gateway to use to run the backup?
in any case?

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I propose again the question: with this exploit in the future it will be possible for the gateway to use to run the backup?
in any case?
With the current information released about the exploit by Smea, it is limited to user-mode code execution. You need Kernel-mode code execution permissions to run backup copies of retail games. As such, no, there is no possibility that this exploit, alone, will allow for retail game backups to be run.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
in any case?
Your question literally makes almost no sense, so no, no response will be given.
It also could have been because your flag says IDIOT and your avatar is a drawing of half naked :P

(before i get angry reactions, this was meant as a joke)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvojgRvNriw