bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
So when will we see and AceKard update?
When it's done

I wonder how long it will take before people start pissing and moaning about the updating taking so long?

I don't get why people update the 3DS straight away, latest isn't always best. I usually wait and find out what the FW has to offer before updating.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping KH3D doesnt force an update, otherwise i'll probably just keep this FW till the 3DS XL launches. Kinda pissed that i forgot to redeem my Club Nintendo download before the update happened

jweaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't get why people update the 3DS straight away, latest isn't always best. I usually wait and find out what the FW has to offer before updating.

I can give you a good reason.. If you buy an XL, and upgrade from a 3DS, then in order to use the "Transfer Utility" you need to upgrade.. So if you want to tranfer your data, you have to upgrade... I had no choice when I got mine, so I just have to put my faith in Acecard that they will bring out an update soon!

Jon

Reactions: 1 person

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I can give you a good reason.. If you buy an XL, and upgrade from a 3DS, then in order to use the "Transfer Utility" you need to upgrade.. So if you want to tranfer your data, you have to upgrade... I had no choice when I got mine, so I just have to put my faith in Acecard that they will bring out an update soon!

Jon
You do have a choice, you can wait. If you still have your 3DS, there is no need to rush over to the 3DS XL.

Most of these aren't something important, it's just being impatient.

jweaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Jon
You do have a choice, you can wait. If you still have your 3DS, there is no need to rush over to the 3DS XL.

Sorry.. Missed a vital point off my post.. If it was a trade in deal (Which mine was), then you had to give them old 3DS back.. They let you take it away for 24 hours to do the transfer, but you have to bring it back.. So you have no choice IF, you are doing a trade in.

I course you could choose not too.. But the deal was much better than any price you would get on Ebay, so unless I wanted to be stuck with a 3DS, I had no choice.. So its nothing about impatience!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Jon

Sorry.. Missed a vital point off my post.. If it was a trade in deal (Which mine was), then you had to give them old 3DS back.. They let you take it away for 24 hours to do the transfer, but you have to bring it back.. So you have no choice IF, you are doing a trade in.

I course you could choose not too.. But the deal was much better than any price you would get on Ebay, so unless I wanted to be stuck with a 3DS, I had no choice.. So its nothing about impatience!
It's still pretty much impatience.
You don't have to get the 3DS XL, nor do you have to get it right this moment. You're acting as though not getting the 3DS XL right now will make you uncool or something.

jweaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

You don't have to get the 3DS XL, nor do you have to get it right this moment. You're acting as though not getting the 3DS XL right now will make you uncool or something.

Right oh.. If you say so.. Its impatience that on of the main Game stores is offering a decent Trade In deal and I decided to go for it... And that makes me "impatient".. Hmmmm.. I am not even complaining.. I was just offering reasons why someone might upgrade.

Personally I couldn't give a flying s**t.. I have an DSi XL which I use for DS games.. I am not even sure whether I am going to bother using my 3DS XL for this.. But.. Once (if) Acecard deliver an update, I will try it and if the experience of DS games on a 3DS is similar to that of the DSI XL, then I might consider selling my DSi.. Or I might not.

I don't even know why I am arguing this point.. I couldn't care less about the 3DS firmware versions.. I was simply offering my thoughts based on my own experience...

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
I updated my Supercard DSTwo but it doesn't work on both my 3DSXL and 3DS (both in 4.3.0-10). It works fine on DS Lite. I see the game icon but when I launch it, I get an error on the bottom screen. On the Supercard forum, I saw something about staying on that screen for 3 minutes but it still won't work...
Anyone else having this problem ??

Shadowhunta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Jon

No it has naff all to do with impatience, GAME here in the UK have a deal on whereby they take in your 3DS and give you £100 off the XL, this deal is only valid for 8 more days here in the UK, after that the trade in value is only £75, so a £25 loss if you wait.
Since most GAME stores only open office hours, most of us can only get there on the weekend, so that leaves a grand total of 4 days that can be feasibly used, therefore, YES time is of the essence as this offer has an expiry date, it has NOTHING to do with impatience or "looking cool" as you put it..no need to jump on the poor guy just because he's taking advantage of a ludicrously good offer from a store here in the UK.

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
I updated my Supercard DSTwo but it doesn't work on both my 3DSXL and 3DS (both in 4.3.0-10). It works fine on DS Lite. I see the game icon but when I launch it, I get an error on the bottom screen. On the Supercard forum, I saw something about staying on that screen for 3 minutes but it still won't work...
Anyone else having this problem ??

Okay so I figured it out, the link on their mini tutorial on the download page is not up to date and links to the 1.15 firmware and not the 1.17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.