3DS 11.4 Firmware Update Available

0hnqi7q.png

Just today, Nintendo 3DS firmware 11.4.0-37 has been released. I saw no other posts on this so far, so I am posting it. Here is what I found so far has been either temporarily or permanently broken/patched.

BootNTR Selector: Working with latest version (2.7.3)

UDSploit: Patched

Soundhax: Patched (Finally Nintendo... Lmao)

Safehax: Doesn't work without UDSploit, so therefore broken.

11.4.0-37 fixes the slowdown bug for some games like OOT3D that 11.3.0-36 has introduced. Confirmed by @Feffe

Please let me know if anything else got patched. Yes, of course, if you have A9LH+Luma3DS, you can safely update.

Last edited by Deleted member 350372, , Reason: BootNTR Selector got updated hours ago for 11.4 support! :D

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hm, if my memory serves me right, you can boot into Luma3DS and Brickway modes, you can stay in Luma3DS for a while until Gatewait releases new support for 11.4 as long as you don't accidentally boot into Brickway without firm protection patches, It's up to yourself to make your own decisions.

i know my knowledge of 3ds hacking is very good

jmhannz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIA version or Boot.3dsx?

on CIA version you should hold X button for it to update.
Haha perfect thanks so much, launching and holding X saved my life.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@jmhannz Do you have a Original 3DS model or a New 3DS model?
it was the n3ds but all set :)

I see the clock l2 stuff was taken out of the guides etc, is this still recommended for new 3ds people, or just leave it off. i never had it on to begin with.

Last edited by jmhannz,

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just today, Nintendo 3DS firmware 11.4.0-37 has been released. I saw no other posts on this so far, so I am posting it. Here is what I found so far has been either temporarily or permanently broken/patched.

BootNTR Selector: Working with latest version (2.7.3)

UDSploit: Patched

Soundhax: Patched (Finally Nintendo... Lmao)

Safehax: Doesn't work without UDSploit, so therefore broken.

11.4.0-37 fixes the slowdown bug for some games like OOT3D that 11.3.0-36 has introduced. Confirmed by @Feffe

Please let me know if anything else got patched. Yes, of course, if you have A9LH+Luma3DS, you can safely update.
The GBA firmware along with DS firmware is supposedly broken if you don't have Luma3DS installed and updated. I will be testing this myself to confirm. On the other hand, thank you Nintendo for supporting the Luma3DS Master Race! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

UPDATE 1: So, I am backing up my 11.3 SysNAND (Not even going to bother with EmuNAND) so I can join the SigHax Master Race once that's released and I also really love the GBA support. As of writing this, the backup is at 31% and slowly completing itself. I will update the SysNAND after verifying the dump is good and I will test the GBA VC along with a DS Game. Wish me luck! (I'm sure I'll need it :wink:)

UPDATE 2: So, a DS game WILL boot and play normally. Problem however is that the 3DS will not shut down without a 20 second force shut down while in the DS firm. I have not tested the AGB firm yet however so, I will test that quickly and report back on results.

UPDATE 3: Same problem with GBA games running off of the AGB FIRM. Is it just me or can anyone else confirm these issues?

Last edited by bennyman123abc,
Reactions: TimX24968B

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Are you having the problems I documented in my 2nd update in the post above however or is it possibly just me or the O3DS?
I tested out reboot patches on my old3DS and they were working fine with the previous nightly/stable. They are still working for me with the latest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong