Gaming 3DS 11.3.0-36 out now

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well what will basic homebrew offer
Like I said, might be a while if at all....

RUdELEy.png

Reactions: Valery0p

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well what will basic homebrew offer

Basic homebrew is pretty limited, custom themes, homebrew games, emulators, and some other things the "just play games" user won't really need or want.
CFW is the only way to get things like free games. UNLESS you're able to find a way to install LEGIT CIAs with HomebrewFBI. But a "legit" CIA is only something that comes preinstalled on a 3DS. Like Pokemon X/Y. There's lists if you need to find out. But even that's a stretch on 11.3 as we don't know enough about it as of now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

basic save editing, simple homebrew games etc
Ninja'd :ninja:

drsalvador555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To add, you're going to lose any changes you made to your system after that last dump. So you'll have to reinstall games and apps etc.....

Got a question, does that include save game data? I've not had the displeasure of being forced to restore a NAND yet so I'm unaware if that's changed. I know any changes like games that were installed after the NAND are gone, but what about like "11.2 user plays pokemon saves at beginning, then updates to 11.3 after making an 11.2 NAND dump, then beats pokemon, then restores to 11.2 because...reasons?" Will the player be at the beginning or the end of the game?

Crimson-Fyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a question, does that include save game data? I've not had the displeasure of being forced to restore a NAND yet so I'm unaware if that's changed. I know any changes like games that were installed after the NAND are gone, but what about like "11.2 user plays pokemon saves at beginning, then updates to 11.3 after making an 11.2 NAND dump, then beats pokemon, then restores to 11.2 because...reasons?" Will the player be at the beginning or the end of the game?

im guessing any save data not already in the system when the nand was backed up would also be lost if i understand the backup process correctly ^.=.^

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd have to dump it with a save manager, and then restore it after your NAND backup to keep it intact.

PipeGuy64Bit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I have a question. I plan to do safehax on my New 3DS that's still on 11.2 later this week. In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out how to use ctr-httpwn so I can access online. I successfully ran the application but when I exit the Homebrew Launcher I still get the error saying I need to update when I try to sign into my NNID. I must be doing something wrong here but I don't know what.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im guessing any save data not already in the system when the nand was backed up would also be lost if i understand the backup process correctly ^.=.^

no, your save data is fine. save data is stored in the sd card. However, any applications not backup up in the nand backup will not show up on the menu until you try to reinstall it (it might give an error, but reinstalls the ticket) then the app will show up and the save data will still be there because it is still on the sd card. NAND backups backup tickets, dsiware, dsiphotos, system apps, etc

Crimson-Fyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, your save data is fine. save data is stored in the sd card. However, any applications not backup up in the nand backup will not show up on the menu until you try to reinstall it (it might give an error, but reinstalls the ticket) then the app will show up and the save data will still be there because it is still on the sd card. NAND backups backup tickets, dsiware, dsiphotos, system apps, etc

ah ok ... i am a quick study with things of this nature but i am still a bit new to it ... thankyou for correcting me ^.=.^

drsalvador555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd have to dump it with a save manager, and then restore it after your NAND backup to keep it intact.
Gotcha, SaveDataFiler dump to maintain saves between different NANDs. Sounds good. Thanks for the info!

I don't think I was blaming anyone or pointing fingers at anyone smart one :)

Well you need to be careful how you phrase things. And also, going around being sarcastic about me being a "smart one" when I just answered your question, is kinda silly really.

imm0rtalz16_2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha, SaveDataFiler dump to maintain saves between different NANDs. Sounds good. Thanks for the info!

Well you need to be careful how you phrase things. And also, going around being sarcastic about me being a "smart one" when I just answered your question, is kinda silly really.
I'm sorry you feel that way don't think I did a thing wrong but like I said sorry you feel that way

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up