Country
Germany
Last edited by Aglaophotis,

4robinsona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What is NTR for? In the beginning it was popular for selecting Clock+L2 (New 3DS) but Luma can do that by default. So what do people use NTR now for?

Yes, you need New 3DS for SNES games, I thought that Nintendo only released SNES games for New 3DS to sell more New 3DS units but it's true that the original 3DS can't handle SNES emulation (at least, games like Super Mario Kart). Fortunately, New 3DS can.

Well people mainly use it now to wirelessly stream from the 3ds to their computer (n3ds only). It pretty much defeats the purpose of spending a few hundred bucks/pounds on a capture card. The quality of will also depend on how good your internet is too.

Reactions: Waveracer

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well people mainly use it now to wirelessly stream from the 3ds to their computer (n3ds only). It pretty much defeats the purpose of spending a few hundred bucks/pounds on a capture card. The quality of will also depend on how good your internet is too.
Did you also forget that NTR is also used for plugins, and various mods/cheats for the 3DS :P.

Reactions: Boney and Waveracer

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a hassle to remove the SD card from the New 3DS so I don't do it unless it's really necessary. I have used the Micro SD Management feature of the system but it barely works for me. Is there any other way to copy files between PC and New 3DS? Is FTPD homebrew app useful for that? How do you use it?

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blarg. It runs pretty wll on O3DS. There are other emulators for SNES, but I csnt think of too many outside of Retroarch.
If you try to emulate some SNES games on the original 3DS they run badly. I thought that the New 3DS exclusive SNES games was a strategy for selling more New 3DS but it seems that the original 3DS lacks the power to emulate SNES properly. At least, games like Super Mario Kart...

This concerns me a little.
My reading comprehension sucked while I followed the guide and I thought I could skip that step since it said something between those lines so I still have FBI in my H&S. Not that it was an issue, I mean, who actually reads that.

Buuut reading you makes me think my 3ds will explode or something if I update while having this step skipped.
Then I again I updated all the way up to 11.2 so I don't know why I'm freaking out now...
Perhaps you followed an older version of the guide like I did and that's why you skipped that part. What people have told me is that they don't know if I'll have problems in the future, basically because I did not complete the whole standard procedure like the rest of the people. You can just follow the last part of the guide like I did this afternoon and then you'll have the Health & Safety app restored and a separate FBI app.

Last edited by Waveracer,

Aglaophotis

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's a hassle to remove the SD card from the New 3DS so I don't do it unless it's really necessary. I have used the Micro SD Management feature of the system but it barely works for me. Is there any other way to copy files between PC and New 3DS? Is FTPD homebrew app useful for that? How do you use it?
microSD Management didn't work for me at all, no matter what I tried.
I'm using FTPD (https://github.com/mtheall/ftpd/releases/latest) + WinSCP as a client, no issues so far. I heard FileZilla is also good.
You can also connect through Windows explorer but for me it was kinda sluggish and it always took ages to close FTPD after transferring files.

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
microSD Management didn't work for me at all, no matter what I tried.
I'm using FTPD (https://github.com/mtheall/ftpd/releases/latest) + WinSCP as a client, no issues so far. I heard FileZilla is also good.
You can also connect through Windows explorer but for me it was kinda sluggish and it always took ages to close FTPD after transferring files.
That's great, is there any guide for using FTPD and a Windows PC? Or if you can teach me the basics... I've never use this. Well, I am going to download WinSCP then!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm confused by this. Did you mean to type, '...they run in .cia'? or was your post cut?
I had meant using emulators on O3DS and using a .cia of the emulators, not the SNES games.
Yes my post was cut. I edited it now.

EDIT 2:

I found this if anyone else wants to try FTPD to transfer files like your NAND backup (very useful if you have a New 3DS):

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/3s6i1p/how_to_use_ftp3dsftbronyetc_to_transfer_files_to/

Last edited by Waveracer,

tomservo6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's ironic, but I was about to upgrade to Luma from GW when all of this went down. My sysnand is on 9.2 or something so I should still be able to do it. So, a question...

I plan on using the guide at 3ds.guide. One of the first steps is installation of Decrypt9 (homebrew launcher). From what I'm reading, that is currently broken, correct? So that guide currently would not work for me until the new Decrypt is released and relinked on 3ds.guide? Or will the guide, as it is in it's current form, still work for me?

Thanks.

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone got any ideas on when the new payload for HBL might be out

smea is the one working on it, he said it's more involved than he expected, he's already got a workaround in progress for N3DS users, but this one won't work for O3DS/2DS users. He's still working on it, or at least he would be if he didn't have to work. He'll most likely work his butt off tonight to get it up. If not tonight, then something is seriously hardcore about this update and it could take a while, but I wouldn't expect more than a week, even if it's serious business.

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
What we know so far

Luma3DS - WORKING [STOP ASKING]
A9LH - WORKING [STOP ASKING]

soundhax - WORKING
oot3dhax - WORKING
NTR - UPDATE [Needs to be updated]
DSiWare exp - PATCHED [Possible it may work??]
Menuhax - PATCHED [Last KNOWN vuln]
firmhax - PATCHED
safehax - PATCHED
rxTools - PATCHED [For now]
hardmod DG - PATCHED
CakesFW - PATCHED [For now]
ReiNAND - PATCHED [For now]
SaltFW - PATCHED
Corbenik - PATCHED [WORKAROUND]

If I read correctly
NTR updated https://github.com/Nanquitas/BootNTR/releases/tag/V.2.5 works perfectly again

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: And then you got your free prostate exam