Belgium
Reactions: Waveracer

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you can install A9LH and just wait for a new payload for HomeBrew. Which makes me wonder, if you already have A9LH+CFW is there anything you can do with HomeBrew that you can't with CFW? I'm just wondering why HomeBrew is such a big deal on A9LH'd systems.

Reactions: Aglaophotis

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Or you can install A9LH and just wait for a new payload for HomeBrew. Which makes me wonder, if you already have A9LH+CFW is there anything you can do with HomeBrew that you can't with CFW? I'm just wondering why HomeBrew is such a big deal on A9LH'd systems.
For instance, there are games and apps without a cia version.

I am wondering what's the difference between Homebrew Launcher and Homebrew Launcher Loader?

doughmay

Huh. Time went by fast.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no delete and replace Start_Hourglass9.bin (rename new Hourglass9.bin to Start_Hourglass9.bin)

yes, but hbl won't boot because payload isn't updated yet

Oh okay. Luckily I don't use hbl very much but when the payloads do come out would I just need to grab them off of GitHub?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For instance, there are games and apps without a cia version.

I am wondering what's the difference between Homebrew Launcher and Homebrew Launcher Loader?
I still don't see any HomeBrew app that does something CFW can't and all retail games (other than custom ports/HomeBrews) can be converted to .CIA. SO I ask my question again.... Lol

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still don't see any HomeBrew app that does something CFW can't and all retail games (other than custom ports/HomeBrews) can be converted to .CIA. SO I ask my question again.... Lol
How? If you know how to convert a customised game/port to a cia file let me know, I'd gladly use that.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: Waveracer

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How? If you know how to convert a customised game/port to a cia file let me know, I'd gladly use that.
I said OTHER than custom ports and HomeBrews. Although most custom ports DO have a CIA install. Things I was saying that probably couldn't be converted are in this list https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Applications#Games

Otherwise, all retail games can be. Not knocking HomeBrew or anything, I'm genuinely curious as to why people need it that bad with A9LH. If you love those HomeBrew games then that's a good reason. Otherwise I still don't get it outside of preference (using HomeBrew apps, that could be used as a CIA).

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I like using the FTP and other HB stuff on A9LH, so ideally I'd still want HB access, yet not in a hurry for the new payload.

I'm glad the update finally killed Rxtools off.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like using the FTP and other HB stuff on A9LH, so ideally I'd still want HB access, yet not in a hurry for the new payload.

I'm glad the update finally killed Rxtools off.
There are .CIA for FTP though.... That would fall under "an app that can be used without". What other stuff do you make use of? I see most people use Homebrew for save managers, FTP, and custom themes. Which can all be done without it. The only thing I can think that requires HBL on A9LH is the dsp app that gives sound to HomeBrews.

Last edited by Majickhat55,
Reactions: retrofan_k

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I said OTHER than custom ports and HomeBrews. Although most custom ports DO have a CIA install. Things I was saying that probably couldn't be converted are in this list https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Applications#Games

Otherwise, all retail games can be. Not knocking HomeBrew or anything, I'm genuinely curious as to why people need it that bad with A9LH. If you love those HomeBrew games then that's a good reason. Otherwise I still don't get it outside of preference (using HomeBrew apps, that could be used as a CIA).
My question was genuine, I want to know if it's possible to convert a game/port/app to a cia file. The reason why those games/ports/apps get a cia file is because someone made it, but not all have a cia file (for example, Wolfenstein 3D).

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question was genuine, I want to know if it's possible to convert a game/port/app to a cia file. The reason why those games/ports/apps get a cia file is because someone made it, but not all have a cia file (for example, Wolfenstein 3D).
I agree, which is why I said "some" can be, others are normally only .3dsx but they could probably be converted. Like I said if you use those and need HBL for it, more power to you. :D That's a definite good reason to use it.

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree, which is why I said "some" can be, others are normally only .3dsx but they could probably be converted. Like I said if you use those and need HBL for it, more power to you. :D That's a definite good reason to use it.
I think you are overreacting, I was just asking you if you know how to do it because I don't and you didn't answer my question on any of your posts.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you are overreacting, I was just asking you if you know how to do it because I don't and you didn't answer my question on any of your posts.
Overreacting to what? That makes absolutely no sense dude. And I did answer your question. Please read. I literally just answered your question in the post you quoted. Most .3dsx can be converted to a CIA as I said, have I done it? No? I don't understand your animosity bro, I wasn't "reacting" to anything not to mention I was agreeing with you. Here FFS https://gbatemp.net/threads/cxitool-convert-3dsx-to-cia-directly.440385/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...