Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
Are you going to use the legendary GPU of the 3DS that everyone else keeps saying it's impossible to implement for homebrew (due to the lack of documentation)?
I wouldn't say 'impossible' personally, considering blargSnes does GPU-accelerated color math and brightness via creative use of multitexturing.

Rather, I'd just say that the PICA200 should be named Picky200. Do something wrong and it freezes. Occasionally also freezing the GSP service.

One thing you must remember is to always issue an odd number of draw calls. If you draw an even number of arrays, the GPU freezes. It's probably us doing something wrong, but perhaps some obscure bug in the PICA200, we don't know.

If in doubt, ask Smealum, he can probably help you in your quest to the PICA200.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what happened =[ i havent seen any updates from this in the last month i realize you got hacked and a lot happened...does that mean 3dnes will R.I.P? i sure hope not...

Reactions: Idaho

st4rk

nah
OP
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
what happened =[ i havent seen any updates from this in the last month i realize you got hacked and a lot happened...does that mean 3dnes will R.I.P? i sure hope not...

No, sorry no answer before, i am very busy with university, it is the last month of class, then the *exam storm* started.

Anyway, i decided yesterday which i will rewrite the complete emulator, remove all warning, garbage, write a APU, write a new PPU with improves and write new CPU and the other mappers in pure ARM-Assembly, i will REing the Mega Drive emulator of Sonic(eShop game), to look some GPU functions i hope it may help with *full speed*.
Sorry my away, i hope do it before christmas.

Seraphiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I just tried to run some known Rockman rom hacks like rockman4minus infinity etc, they all loaded properly (worked slow or otherwise blurry with increased frameskip) except 4mi which just made my 3ds stuck after selecting a boss stage, all those roms i tried were rockman2 roms patched with IPS files.

Hopefully they will run smoothly on your next revision :)

st4rk

nah
OP
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
I just tried to run some known Rockman rom hacks like rockman4minus infinity etc, they all loaded properly (worked slow or otherwise blurry with increased frameskip) except 4mi which just made my 3ds stuck after selecting a boss stage, all those roms i tried were rockman2 roms patched with IPS files.

Hopefully they will run smoothly on your next revision :)

Oh, can you send me the mappers used by this hack rom and the hack roms too(PM Please).

Does this emulator work with Smea's Homebrew Launcher? If it doesn't are there any plans to make it compatible???

Yes, it will work.

Reactions: Idaho

kane159

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
i had tried some unlicence game made form chine(most of theme are mapper 199 i think):wink: is it possible to support?
BTY i'm interesting in building a app for 3DS what can i learn first?i'm using windows and mac os 10.10 can u give me some suggestion? many thanks

Jesha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get your emulator to show up in the homebrew menu for Smea's loady thing. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Then again I didn't see a .3dsx, just .3ds

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
For the moment, only blagrsnes and gameyob are working.

It will not work if it is a .3DS file

Good News

this is working on new ctrulib, this was amazing, but there is some issues(very slow), i am checking it, when i finish it i will try use 15bpp instead of 24bpp it would give speed improves(i hope), anyway it should work on SSSPWN now.

version 2.0 should work on ninjhax (old SSSPWN) but compiled .3dsx hasn't been posted if i am not wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://i.ibb.co/ryyCd9J/20240526-163308.jpg I got a new friend guys