3D feature length movies?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by spinal_cord, Apr 9, 2011.

Apr 9, 2011
  1. spinal_cord
    OP

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    Does anyone else have any concerns about watching a feature length 3D movie (if such thing come about) with the terrible battery life of the 3DS? would the battery even last long enough to watch a movie all the way through? Although I do conceded that rendering an 800x240 video might be easier on the unit than rendering two 3d scenes, but then again it might not.

Any thoughts?

2. superkidmax

Newcomer superkidmax Advanced Member

United States
    well feature-length is about 2 hours, right?
    The 3DS plays 3D games for about 3 hours. I guess a movie would be similar, because it would probably render a similar 3D to the games. So, with a full battery you can get through a feature length movie.
    You won't get through much with 50% battery or less.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Idunno' if they have some sort of hardware decoder... if so then the battery would likely be better than in a 3DS game.

4. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm sure it's something they'd compensate for some how. I mean, I've gotten 4+ hours out of my 3DS when playing Super Street Fighter IV 3D, so I'm sure I'll be able to watch a full feature length movie. And then again, it all depends on the settings you have, and of course, the length of the movie.