Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Congratz, but this is not really the right section for this kind of thread...On the other hand, what class is it?
2. IIRC only Sandisk have them and its $200 I don't know how you are getting one for $20 unless its a SDHC card. That's still a stretch but more believable.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
jurassicplayer said:
Congratz, but this is not really the right section for this kind of thread...On the other hand, what class is it?
2. IIRC only Sandisk have them and its $200 I don't know how you are getting one for $20 unless its a SDHC card. That's still a stretch but more believable.
I'm pretty sure that all of them over 4GB are SDHC...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#SDHCQUOTE
To increase addressable storage, SDHC uses sector addressing instead of byte addressing in the previous SD standard. Byte addressing supported card capacities up to 4 GB, whereas sector addressing can theoretically support capacities up to 2 TB (2048 GB). The current standard limits the maximum capacity of an SDHC card to 32 GB[20]

Also... I should mention that from what I have seen 4GB Non-SDHC MicroSD's (which should work on older cards like real R4s, so long as there is no limit beyond the lack of SDHC support) are rather hard to find and often prohibitively expensive for their capacity.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Wait what? The 2 was to the class question. SDHC meant a SDHC not a micro SDHC.

QUOTE(BoxShot @ May 13 2010, 10:41 PM) 2. IIRC only Sandisk have them and its $200 I don't know how you are getting one for $20 unless its a SDHC card. That's still a stretch but more believable.
The way you said it sounds like the MicroSD Non-SDHC would be $200 and the MicroSDHC would be cheaper.
But as I quoted, a MicroSD Non-SHDC over 4GB is not possible due to the Byte Addressing which supports up to 4GB.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
huntanick said:
preety excited im gonna buy a 32g micro sd card for like 20 bucks im gonna be able to hold alot of stuff now

any links? so i could order a few hundreds or thousands of them to make a fortune out of it

ah friend's dad? tell them...
get as much as they could
i will offer 30 USD for each...
you guys can keep the extra over

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
elixirdream said:
huntanick said:
preety excited im gonna buy a 32g micro sd card for like 20 bucks im gonna be able to hold alot of stuff now

any links? so i could order a few hundreds or thousands of them to make a fortune out of it

ah friend's dad? tell them...
get as much as they could
i will offer 30 USD for each...
you guys can keep the extra over

rofl.gif

Man, 20 bucks for a 32GB SDHC is cheap. I wish I had a deal like that xD. Im out of space on my 4GB SDHC.

ore0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know... I wouldn't trust things like memory cards from ebay, especially if the deal looks too good to be true. I'd check if it's from someplace like Hong Kong or China.

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, fakes usually just work by being formatted to a larger capacity than they actually can hold. So it may well say that it is 32 GB, while actually holding only about 2 GB (as an example). About the only way to check what the real capacity is is to fill it up completely and then check if a lot of the files are inacessible (ie: the filesystem thinks that they are there but they aren't- because they didn't fit).

At that price I'm almost certain that you have a fake SD card. Sorry about that.

bluebowser31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i got a 8gb microsdhc with sd and usb adapters
tongue.gif
(i thought it was a good deal)
class 2, but hey, ill wait a few minutes and save a few $

it could be fake lol, havent tried filling it, but i realy doubt it (came with a lifetime warranty...)

also topic starter: ill trade you xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*