3-D 3DS Pic

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by superkidmax, Mar 30, 2011.

1. superkidmax
    OP

superkidmax Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2010
    United States
    New Jersey, USA
    I snipped a picture from the Nintendo website and edited in paint to 3D-ify it. To view, cross your eyes until the 2 3DSs overlap and wait for the image to clear. The 3DS will appear to pop out.
    This makes me feel like my screen is a window and i can reach in and grab the 3DS.... if only I had one [​IMG]
    well, here you go.
    [​IMG]

now isn't that great!
    edit: WOAH, since when did GBAtemp get a new photo viewer? o.0

2. spiritofcat

spiritofcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 20, 2007
    Nice idea, but I think you may have missed a step in your conversion process.
    This appears to be two identical images, which when cross-eye viewed result in just a flat image.

3. superkidmax
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2010
    United States
    New Jersey, USA
    Well, the stylus (sort of) pops out a little. I just did this in 5 seconds in MS Paint, so thats why its so noobish.

4. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    +1

I suspect that a 3D Fuji camera will be necessary to do this correctly. Two 3DS's would also be possible, but the image would be low-res and grainy.

5. superkidmax
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2010
    United States
    New Jersey, USA
    waaaahhh. its just a fan image... >.

6. spiritofcat

Dec 20, 2007
    There are ways of making a 3D stereo image from a single picture like this in Photoshop or GIMP with the use of a displacement map but it generally doesn't look as good as a real 3D photo.

7. superkidmax
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2010
    United States
    New Jersey, USA
    i meant edit by doubling it.

8. Donald Serrot

Donald Serrot GBAtemp Fan

May 11, 2009
    United States
    I made this in GIMP earlier. I didn't use displacement, just shifted the stuff over a bit. It's a really simple picture so it was a simple edit. If it helps at all you have to shift stuff over ALLOT to get a 3D effect, not just a little. If you don't move it enough you get an almost nonexistent effect.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

9. spiritofcat

Dec 20, 2007
    Yeah, just doubling it isn't going to make it 3D. You actually have to change the perspective so that each image seems to look at the object from a different angle.