Hacking 3.4u and VC/WiiWare (sorry, new to this)

jetsjets

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I slept on wii homebrew for too long and now i'm playing catch up, so i appologize for my lack of knowledge.

I've got a US wii console running 3.4u with a D2Ckey chip. I was just using the wii to play backed up wii games and never looked into installing WiiWare or virtual console games. at this point the only way to get the HBC installed is via the twighlight hack, correct?

Just have a few questions i'm hoping someone can answer.

1. Do i have to roll back to 3.2u to install WiiWare/Virtual Console wads?

Does having a chip give me any advantage over those strictly doing softmods via the twighlight hack?

3. Does 3.4u block ALL wad installs? or just things like DVDx?

thanks in advance for any help!

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) no, just use IOS16 and the wad manager made for it. use search for this.

2) yes, many that I won't list.

3) 3.4 tries to block all installers, it works, but anything recompiled to send calls through IOS16 should work for now. if source isn't avaiable for an app, and it installs something, and you want to use it, you'll have to downgrade. if not, you're fine.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jetsjets said:
I slept on wii homebrew for too long and now i'm playing catch up, so i appologize for my lack of knowledge.

I've got a US wii console running 3.4u with a D2Ckey chip. I was just using the wii to play backed up wii games and never looked into installing WiiWare or virtual console games. at this point the only way to get the HBC installed is via the twighlight hack, correct?

Just have a few questions i'm hoping someone can answer.

1. Do i have to roll back to 3.2u to install WiiWare/Virtual Console wads?
No, but you do have to roll back the changes that were made

Does having a chip give me any advantage over those strictly doing softmods via the twighlight hack?
Yes. You can use a burned copy of Zelda to load the hack. Also Greater game compatibility
3. Does 3.4u block ALL wad installs? or just things like DVDx?
No. But most. IOS16 for example, can be installed. which is what gets you back on the path to wad freedom.

thanks in advance for any help!

Check the guide in my sig. you can stop after using IOS Downgrader, if you dont want to downgrade to 3.2 (However even with a modchip, starfall can be handy for the unbricking, and for the Skip disk updates

QUOTE(noobwarrior7 @ Dec 10 2008, 09:23 AM) 1) no, just use IOS16 and the wad manager made for it. use search for this.

2) yes, many that I won't list.

3) 3.4 tries to block all installers, it works, but anything recompiled to send calls through IOS16 should work for now. if source isn't avaiable for an app, and it installs something, and you want to use it, you'll have to downgrade. if not, you're fine.

Damn you. too quick ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-